Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangerville bug?

Hey I move my sims household to StrangeVille now they won't cook or answer their front door is the bug keeping my Sims frozen?
d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg

Comments

• Arie03Arie03 Posts: 22 Member
    You may want to enable cheats so that you can use the option debug (Shift Click) and it resets your sim(s). This may help.

To open this, hit control + shift + c. Once this menu is open, type “testingcheats true” and then shift+click on the Sim you want to reset. This will pull up a small menu with an option to “Reset Object (Debug).”
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Arie03 wrote: »
    You may want to enable cheats so that you can use the option debug (Shift Click) and it resets your sim(s). This may help.

To open this, hit control + shift + c. Once this menu is open, type “testingcheats true” and then shift+click on the Sim you want to reset. This will pull up a small menu with an option to “Reset Object (Debug).”

Try that it didn't work.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited April 2020
    Do you use mods in your game? If you do, this might be the cause of the problem. Check to make sure they are up to date, something that needs to be done after every patch that is added.
    My sims will move when I cancel walking and I'm checking through see which mods need to update.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Do you use mods in your game? If you do, this might be the cause of the problem. Check to make sure they are up to date, something that needs to be done after every patch that is added.

Excellent idea. I just added Strangerville, with no glitches.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
    Hi, guys, I'm doing50/50 to see which mod is causing my strangerville sim not to play.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Have your Sims just finished their visit from the Welcome Wagon? If so, your house might be under "quarantine" until it can be inspected for strange fruit.

The StrangerVille welcome wagon frequently leaves some fruit in the refrigerator and plants some in the planter boxes outside. The inspection team will remove the plants and confiscate your refrigerator, after which you should be free to play. (Removing the fruit from the fridge might keep it from being confiscated but you'll still get the inspection visit.)
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    @Sketch793 this is so interested esp with everything going on in the real world right now.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    Have your Sims just finished their visit from the Welcome Wagon? If so, your house might be under "quarantine" until it can be inspected for strange fruit.

The StrangerVille welcome wagon frequently leaves some fruit in the refrigerator and plants some in the planter boxes outside. The inspection team will remove the plants and confiscate your refrigerator, after which you should be free to play. (Removing the fruit from the fridge might keep it from being confiscated but you'll still get the inspection visit.)

I've made it a practice to take the fruit out of the fridge if I play that village, free fruit for future planting that way. However, they will still confiscate the fridge and make comments that all but invite you to start probing into the shady things they've been doing. Soldiers and scientists are constantly spilling the beans as well.