Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changing Clothes?

Do you change your sims clothes all the time or keep them? I'm just curious if I'm the only one who changes them every so often.
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I used to have them have the same clothes all the time, but usually did use all 5 outfits. Ever since we got seasons, I tend to change my sims' outfits at the start of every season. But they usually only have one outfit per category now.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Oh that's a good idea to do new ones every season! Maybe I'll try that!
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    I used to have them have the same clothes all the time, but usually did use all 5 outfits. Ever since we got seasons, I tend to change my sims' outfits at the start of every season. But they usually only have one outfit per category now.

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    My sims usually use the same chothes forever :lol: only in this last save i have changed all the outfits of my heir when she became young adult. I think im going to do that from now on. At least ive finally acknowledged the amount of cas that i have with all the packs i own.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I just wish the game changed their clothes automatically due to the weather.
  • Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    My Sims will get new outfits for each lifespan or major development in their lives. Sometimes they’ll change clothes 2/3 times in a certain stage, usually adult or Elder, until I am happy with how I think they ended up.

It’s all a part of their development to me though, like if a once rich Elder sim now doesn’t have as much funds they won’t be wearing rich clothes. Maybe something a lot more lax, but they’ve kept one necklace they wear all the time as a reminder of what they once had. It’s all interesting stuff. 😶
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,531 Member
    edited April 2020
    I'm not very creative when it comes to thinking up new clothes combinations so I just give each sim one outfit per category. That way I still have clothing options for future generations and everyone isn't wearing the same thing.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    simsgirl2619simsgirl2619 Posts: 14 New Member
    I change my sims outfits every couple of seasons. I get bored easily lol.
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    I never change my sims outfits after I set a fewfor them. I go with 3 to 5 outfits per category.
    One exception is maybe switching off shorts or short skirts when my female sims turn into elders.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I give them 5 outfits in each category (so 5 summer outfits, 5 everyday, 5 pjs, etc) and then just let them pick their own clothes each day from those choices... with the changing weather it gives them a lot of variety I find. Once in awhile I'll pick some diff outfits but for the most part I just do it once per Sim per age (so change on age up)
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I just wish the game changed their clothes automatically due to the weather.

It does for me? If it's cold they will always put on cold weather clothing etc.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,392 Member
    My Sims usually have several outfits on everyday clothes category and they used to change them autonomously every day, but not anymore. I don't know if it's a bug but nowadays my Sims just wear the first outfit all the time except when they change to their other category clothes. I have to manually change their everyday outfit if I get bored of the first one.
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    If i have aging on then I give them one outfit per category and I change them every time they age up. If I have ageing off I give them a few outfits per category so that I don't get bored of seeing the same outfits (they change them automatically day by day), but I rarely go into CAS and change them after that.
  • Options
    HecqHecq Posts: 35 Member
    Yes. I have about 20 types of clothes for each sim constantly changing when I download some new сс
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I use all the 5 outfits option then change their clothes if it feels so repetitive. Though it's nice that the Sims doesn't need to buy clothes, I wish that they could actually buy the clothes to own it.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,972 Member
    I change the outfits when they change, like belly tops are out for a pregnant SIM, college clothes is different than adulting worker clothes, elders usually get a bit of saving grace with a full edit makeover
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,968 Member
    I get bored very soon, then I need some changes. Also I love creating combinations :) (I'm not good at that btw :D)
    For eveyday I give them outfits for all 5 categories. The ohter categories have just one.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    Lieka00Lieka00 Posts: 2 New Member
    I do not change the sim's options but I do leave multiple choices for each category of outfits.
  • Options
    TeadwinTeadwin Posts: 3 New Member
    I change outfits pretty much every few days that I play.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I am always tinkering. When I get bored with a look, I'll change it. My current Sim is on his third "look" - not outfit, mind, but overall style across all outfits) since his Teen age up, and he is still a Young Adult.

If I am dissatisfied with my Sim's appearance, I will pause, and dive into CAS. Faunus inherited an odd face-shape, and it's taken me a while to find styles that look good as well as reflect his personality. Fine tuning individual outfits (hair up, or loose? hat with this, or no? yoga sweats with this top, or jeans?) is pretty much endless. But when I get one just right, I know. And that one will be a keeper for the rest of the life stage.
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yup, every 12 days :) Toddlers and kids have 3 everyday outfits but teens and up have only 1 because the lifespan in my game is so long that they'll change it like 50 times throughout their lifetime anyway :tongue:
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »

they can have more than one outfit per category?! glad that's not mandatory, but then I hate having to worry about what they are wearing for the weather with seasons. 😁 I would just have one outfit if I could. changing clothes is such a hassle.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    I have the max outfits my sim can have :) I change them often and have her "Try on outfits" and she choices the one she wants to wear :)
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    Do you change your sims clothes all the time or keep them? I'm just curious if I'm the only one who changes them every so often.

When I take photos for memories and holidays I try to change them into a new outfit and hairstyle so they don't look the same in future photos. In the summer I even give Sims a shorter hairstyle and through the seasons I change the length of the hairstyle as months go by so it looks like their hair is growing out.
  • Options
    StudzKBStudzKB Posts: 6 New Member
    Does anyone here know how to unlock or get these clown outfits in my cas? I’ve seen some people been able to do it and also unlock more clown face paint along with it. They are base game and not cc so how do I get it?? https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/827815/sim-in-clown-suit