Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The "Future Cube"? What can it be?

Comments

• SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Perhaps they combined farming with a historic-medieval theme, so we won't get machinery (so no vehicles), and Sims do everything by hand.
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    edited May 2020
    That would be pretty cool! I think it could be a time-travel EP so we have the future and the medieval together, although that means it might be pretty empty rather than two in-depth separate packs.

Edit: From the amount of hints and the way the SimGurus specifically said “Future Cube”, I think a June futuristic EP and a November medieval EP.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I hope it's an Into The Future Pack. I really loved the items that came with that pack in TS3. TS3 added a future shopping mall,futuristic cars and a futuristic restuarent and holograms. Even the buildings were futuristic looking. We did get the dream pod back with Get Famous and that's one of my favorite beds and of course we have the robots that came with universities. Robots could be expanded on in a pack like this.
  • SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    I hope it's an Into The Future Pack. I really loved the items that came with that pack in TS3. TS3 added a future shopping mall,futuristic cars and a futuristic restuarent and holograms. Even the buildings were futuristic looking. We did get the dream pod back with Get Famous and that's one of my favorite beds and of course we have the robots that came with universities. Robots could be expanded on in a pack like this.
    Me too! I feel like it would be such a fun pack!
  • PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    i just hope it won't be something like into the future..
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Same. I don’t know I’m not interested in that. There are so many more things they should do before that. Cars, Farming, better emotions/traits/personalities, schools, etc.

• kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    udder'ly, candela, climbing, uncertainity and pixelated outcomes are considered as positive (other five as just neutral)

p.s. I already discovered (and posted) this new feature when the latest update got released
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited May 2020
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Using an object called the ‘future’ cube to hint at a future future-themed pack would be kinda genius though...

I’m reminded of a tweet that @catloverplayer sent to SimGuruDuke about a fountain thing that looked kinda futuristic? Maybe this is what he was referencing?
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member

I agree. The TS3 future pack was not for me and I don’t really understand the time travel hype. Besides, I thought their next EP was supposed to be something ‘unexpected’? I’m intrigued to see what they would add for a future pack now that we already have servos and robotics though. And it’d be interesting to know whether it would be strictly future or if we could go into the past as well.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited May 2020
    I wouldn't mind something like travelling through the futurecube to a new world, past or future.......We might have to build our spaceship first or it could be an alternative way of getting there, if you have the GTW pack.

Starting as a farmer, terraforming our plot of land,starting Off the grid in a more medieval style (that being the world's timeline), and improving techniques bit by bit. We could have farm animals included, llamas, cows, sheep, chickens. Aliens and alien animals too, even goblins or wherwolves. They wouldn't have to be Earth type and that would take out the problems some people have with certain animals. Barns with ladders?

I've included a lot of my own imagination and wishes in it! I'd be upset if we didn't get any one of these. It's a wide variety of options! :'(
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Would be happy if it's a medieval or a farming pack.

If it's time travel to the future i'm not interested at first thought, but i'ld have to see how it is done in sims 4. In 3 it didn't interest me at all!

May it be a pirate adventure? The candles, the game Waves of Darkness, foes, battles...
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    Sounds like a future pack to me... not really my cup of tea, I'd prefer a time travel to the PAST pack, but I won't write it off yet, I'm known to buy packs for the CAS/Build Buy if it goes on sale and I know there were people wanting this.

if it really is an expansion with this theme and we didn’t have plumbots I would sincerely love to have the option to go back in the past, the content for those challenges that already exist would be huge and would certainly be a bittersweet expansion due to the CAS style, Objects and gameplay
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    If this is true I would prefer it to be more space themed rather than future themed (to me they're two completely separate things - don't ask me how though hahah)

I would love Sixam to get a proper livable/explorable world & they can reuse the world assets from GTW. It would also be cool if we could build our own spaceships to live in but I'm not sure how that would work ('floating' lots?) They've been experimenting with world design recently so this would be really cool to see.

They could update aliens for those with GTW (what I would really want them to do) but they could also introduce aliens in the base game (unlikely) to work with the pack or introduce a new alien occult similar to what they did in TS3 with plumbots and simbots - similar things but two completely different lifestates?

I don't know! Aliens seriously need more love in this game #makealiensawesome

Although a future pack could still be cool, I guess... but I really want an alien update :mrgreen:

ooownn i love sixam too, I even tried to put some custom lot to tweak my gameplay, I really would also love a space world (and finally a rework of the aliens?)
    Succy wrote: »
    I just went in game and had my sim ask the Future Cube about the future, and these are the results she got:

1. "The threads of your future knit together in a wave of darkness". <--- reference to the upcoming community stuff pack?
    2. "Your uncertainty, certainly shall become certain, under certain situations in no uncertain terms." <--- any thoughts?
    3. "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe." <--- no idea
    4. "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want." <--- that's just a message for all of us speculators :p
    5. "Your future looks pixelated." <--- thoughts?
    6. "Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion." <--- ???
    7. "Your future is... not bright, but illuminated... probably to an intensity of 0.981 candelas." <--- this one we need to research a bit I think!
    8. "Climbing to the top one rung at a time!" <--- if that's not a hint at ladders, then I don't know what is!
    9. "Self-organization will be key to a happy future." <--- This sound like another upcoming feature. Inventory organization perhaps?

Please share your thoughts and any possible answers I didn't already discover!

the first i agree, but the others i have no idea, with the exception of related to the future that can be tips for expansion.
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Using an object called the ‘future’ cube to hint at a future future-themed pack would be kinda genius though...

I’m reminded of a tweet that @catloverplayer sent to SimGuruDuke about a fountain thing that looked kinda futuristic? Maybe this is what he was referencing?

GOD I REMEMBER THAT, and the gurus said the looking for a expansion theme for add that.

I would really love a futuristic expansion and another one in a measurable past at once, but the theories pointed out above that it can now be focused on the future and the gamepack in a kind of medieval remake would be incredible too.

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    8. "Climbing to the top one rung at a time!"

Could be ladders, but I'm thinking maybe bunk beds?
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Sounds legit. Would prefer a "back to the past/medieval" pack though.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Sounds legit. Would prefer a "back to the past/medieval" pack though.

I'd prefer a past pack too but I want further back haha. I want dinosaurs lol!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    "Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion."

Could this be referring to those surveys we’ve been taking regarding new, and improved features in the game?
    "Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion."

Could this be referring to those surveys we’ve been taking regarding new, and improved features in the game?

maybe, the first surveys that I remember at least, suggested several improvements to the expansions launched as well as suggestions of themes. could there be a big patch before the expansion?

assuming that it launches next month, would this be focused on updates and creating the next hyper?

oh so many questions, I just wanted an announcement soon
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    edited May 2020
    Few days ago I look at some old survey about new DLC options (surveys from 2015/16). Some of them already been done - University, beach theme and magic for example. Some of the ideas was in the latest survey - romantic theme, winter vacation and bands/musical theme. So I guess, base on the surveys, that is gonna be - A. Space/future pack
    B. Hotels related pack
    After I saw this hints... It's probably be space/future theme, which I'm not so excited about - I hated TS3 Into The Future. It's was so boring to me. I hope this one going to be more interesting and feature new kind of aliens, maybe aliens pets also.

Also, there was an idea about apocalypse DLC when you need to save the town and rebuild it. But I assume that idea lead to strangville. Maybe we going to get zombies? Whatever. I'm waiting for bands and singers pack.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    akaseven wrote: »

maybe, the first surveys that I remember at least, suggested several improvements to the expansions launched as well as suggestions of themes. could there be a big patch before the expansion?

assuming that it launches next month, would this be focused on updates and creating the next hyper?

Same, it seems like it’s been ages since we’ve had new content and I am stir crazy 😜. A future pack isn’t necessarily my cup of tea gameplay wise, but they’re hitting it out of the park lately with CAS and BB. So, no matter what I will likely buy it. Plus I didn’t know I would enjoy Strangerville as much as I do, bu I still play it even now.
    akaseven wrote: »

Same, it seems like it’s been ages since we’ve had new content and I am stir crazy 😜. A future pack isn’t necessarily my cup of tea gameplay wise, but they’re hitting it out of the park lately with CAS and BB. So, no matter what I will likely buy it. Plus I didn’t know I would enjoy Strangerville as much as I do, bu I still play it even now.

yesss, I am desperate for any new content and basically as a fan of doctor who already imagine the possibilities it may have, what I loved most about into the future, was the CAS and Objects that the expansion brought.
    HopeCrash wrote: »
    Few days ago I look at some old survey about new DLC options (surveys from 2015/16). Some of them already been done - University, beach theme and magic for example. Some of the ideas was in the latest survey - romantic theme, winter vacation and bands/musical theme. So I guess, base on the surveys, that is gonna be - A. Space/future pack
    B. Hotels related pack
    After I saw this hints... It's probably be space/future theme, which I'm not so excited about - I hated TS3 Into The Future. It's was so boring to me. I hope this one going to be more interesting and feature new kind of aliens, maybe aliens pets also.

aliens pets it would be incredible
  • Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    0.981 candelas is the lighting power of one candle. Any ideas?
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited May 2020
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I‘m not gonna say it‘s Farming, but it‘s Farming
    a256aFi.gif
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2020
    8. "Climbing to the top one rung at a time!"

Could be ladders, but I'm thinking maybe bunk beds?

I hope it‘s ladders! You could climb up the ladders in your barn!
    237bc47bfa6ffec8b246186a2e66cf19.jpg

Also bunk beds are very much needed.
    a256aFi.gif