Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The "Future Cube"? What can it be?

akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
So guys how are you? a few hours ago a good part of the simgurus started to post isolated letters on twitter, forming a type of word, initially everyone thought it referred to cute, since we thought it was orderly.

kZqcU9S.png
However in the end it seemed to be related to some anogram that when organizing is 'future cube', what do you think? would the next expansion be related to the future?

kZY0TeS.png

https://twitter.com/nando_sims/status/1256387291251183618

btw this twitter joins a good part of printscreen of simguru placing the cube of the future as easteregg by the photo, making things even more interesting

in particular I have no idea, if it was just a troll or something. If so, it was very well given that they were already preparing the "eastereggs" in the random prints. I suspected that the next expansion would be about a musical theme, but if it is something futuristic it will be a surprise for me, positive because I loved the into the future of the sims 3

Comments

• SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    I would really like if it was a futuristic pack
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member

i really wonder whats could bring to that pack, beyond the timetravel, because we already have plumbots/servo occults in university.

in into the future I loved it when the world changed based on its consequences, utopic, dystopic. I hope this will return if it does have a dedicated expansion.
    akaseven wrote: »

i really wonder whats could bring to that pack, beyond the timetravel, because we already have plumbots/servo occults in university.

in into the future I loved it when the world changed based on its consequences, utopic, dystopic. I hope this will return if it does have a dedicated expansion.

I never played sims 3 (sims 4 was my first sims game) so I would love if they had the dystopian, neutral, and utopian system again, maybe with some new twists. I think they can add so much in a futuristic pack! 😂
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Since the latest update you can ask it about the future
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Sounds like a future pack to me... not really my cup of tea, I'd prefer a time travel to the PAST pack, but I won't write it off yet, I'm known to buy packs for the CAS/Build Buy if it goes on sale and I know there were people wanting this.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Sounds like a future pack to me... not really my cup of tea, I'd prefer a time travel to the PAST pack, but I won't write it off yet, I'm known to buy packs for the CAS/Build Buy if it goes on sale and I know there were people wanting this.

You sound like me. I sometimes buy the ones I'm not interested in for other things besides their main selling point. Future isn't what I want and I can't say I'm interested in it at all.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2020
    Maybe the future cube has got new text strings added to it that are hints to upcoming content?
    a256aFi.gif
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    If this is true I would prefer it to be more space themed rather than future themed (to me they're two completely separate things - don't ask me how though hahah)

I would love Sixam to get a proper livable/explorable world & they can reuse the world assets from GTW. It would also be cool if we could build our own spaceships to live in but I'm not sure how that would work ('floating' lots?) They've been experimenting with world design recently so this would be really cool to see.

They could update aliens for those with GTW (what I would really want them to do) but they could also introduce aliens in the base game (unlikely) to work with the pack or introduce a new alien occult similar to what they did in TS3 with plumbots and simbots - similar things but two completely different lifestates?

I don't know! Aliens seriously need more love in this game #makealiensawesome

Although a future pack could still be cool, I guess... but I really want an alien update :mrgreen:
  • SuccySuccy Posts: 29 Member
    I just went in game and had my sim ask the Future Cube about the future, and these are the results she got:

1. "The threads of your future knit together in a wave of darkness". <--- reference to the upcoming community stuff pack?
    2. "Your uncertainty, certainly shall become certain, under certain situations in no uncertain terms." <--- any thoughts?
    3. "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe." <--- no idea
    4. "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want." <--- that's just a message for all of us speculators :p
    5. "Your future looks pixelated." <--- thoughts?
    6. "Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion." <--- ???
    7. "Your future is... not bright, but illuminated... probably to an intensity of 0.981 candelas." <--- this one we need to research a bit I think!
    8. "Climbing to the top one rung at a time!" <--- if that's not a hint at ladders, then I don't know what is!
    9. "Self-organization will be key to a happy future." <--- This sound like another upcoming feature. Inventory organization perhaps?

Please share your thoughts and any possible answers I didn't already discover!
    I just did a quick search on the candle reference and according to wikipedia:

"Candlepower (abbreviated as cp or CP) is an obsolete unit of measurement for luminous intensity. It expresses levels of light intensity relative to the light emitted by a candle of specific size and constituents. The historical candlepower is equal to 0.981 candelas. In modern usage, candlepower is sometimes used as a synonym for candela."

I wonder if this is a reference to upcoming historical content? I hope so!
  • GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    Succy wrote: »
    I just went in game and had my sim ask the Future Cube about the future, and these are the results she got:

1. "The threads of your future knit together in a wave of darkness". <--- reference to the upcoming community stuff pack?
    2. "Your uncertainty, certainly shall become certain, under certain situations in no uncertain terms." <--- any thoughts?
    3. "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe." <--- no idea
    4. "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want." <--- that's just a message for all of us speculators :p
    5. "Your future looks pixelated." <--- thoughts?
    6. "Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion." <--- ???
    7. "Your future is... not bright, but illuminated... probably to an intensity of 0.981 candelas." <--- this one we need to research a bit I think!
    8. "Climbing to the top one rung at a time!" <--- if that's not a hint at ladders, then I don't know what is!
    9. "Self-organization will be key to a happy future." <--- This sound like another upcoming feature. Inventory organization perhaps?

Please share your thoughts and any possible answers I didn't already discover!
    3 and 4 is maybe a reference to a farming pack? Udder’ly like cow’s udders is what I was thinking and because people ask for it so often.
    I think 6 could be something that was discussed or hinted at in the last Maxis Monthly - I’m not sure what though!

Oh I just got:

10. "The future is soon(tm)." Argghhhh! :D
    I think this is definitely hinting towards a futuristic / time-travel related pack then. Maybe it could be the EP from the roadmap? If it is, we should be expecting it in the next few months given the June / November EP release theme.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited May 2020
    "The threads of your future knit together in a wave of darkness"

Darkness EP/GP and Knitting SP
    Succy wrote: »
    Oh I just got:

10. "The future is soon(tm)." Argghhhh! :D
    Potential pack name maybe - Near Future?
    Or maybe a hint towards Sims 5...
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    This is exciting. It looks like they may have started releasing hints about a future pack and to me it sounds like it's something medieval related.

Wave of Darkness is a medieval fantasy fight game. Look it up. Then there is references to battle and cow's udders, candles as in off the grid lightning, and ladders.

A medieval pack would be awesome!
    edited May 2020
    8. "Climbing to the top one rung at a time!"
    9. "Self-organization will be key to a happy future."

Another RPG story...

2. "Your uncertainty, certainly shall become certain, under certain situations in no uncertain terms."

TS2 Fear system ? Zombie Apocalypse ?
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I would love some more "everyday life" content, not new "special" content.
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member

Another RPG story...

2. "Your uncertainty certainly shall become certain, under certain situations in no uncertain terms."

2 is basically teasing us for the upcoming content :p

But yeah, SimGurus only drop hints and teases when a pack announcement is near us. (Like what happened with strangervile and all SimGurus seemingly becoming possessed.) So we'll probably get a trailer this week.

I won't try to speculate too hard about what we're going to get (Since last time I speculated was for Strangervile and ROM and both times I screamed "We're gonna get WEREWOLVES AAA")
    But Future themed and Medieval themed packs sound great.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Is it possible that they could change these messages in the game in a future Patch? It looks like the 'knit' bit is a reference to the Stuff pack coming up. What could the others refer to?

Another RPG story...

2. "Your uncertainty certainly shall become certain, under certain situations in no uncertain terms."

2 is basically teasing us for the upcoming content :p

But yeah, SimGurus only drop hints and teases when a pack announcement is near us. (Like what happened with strangervile and all SimGurus seemingly becoming possessed.) So we'll probably get a trailer this week.

I won't try to speculate too hard about what we're going to get (Since last time I speculated was for Strangervile and ROM and both times I screamed "We're gonna get WEREWOLVES AAA")
    But Future themed and Medieval themed packs sound great.
    I totally agree!
    edited May 2020
    3. "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe."
    4. "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want."
    6. "Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion."

"udder'ly" in french version is "vrai'meuh" ("meuh" means "moo", cow sound), I would say Farm theme

fcxqperwiros.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member