Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Safe CC WCIF

Hey! Looking for some -safe- cc that wont slow down my pc?
them/they

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    I've never had unsafe CC. It's the ads and paywalls that are unsafe.

If you're looking for CC that won't bog down your graphics card, best steer clear of alpha cc that has high polycount. Maxis match is the way to go. There will still be a difference between 500mb and 21gb worth of cc though.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited April 2020
    The trick to safe cc that won't slow down your PC?
    1. NEVER use any sites that use adfly, link shorteners, or any kind of ad link service. Those ad link services don't vet their ads before putting them up, but assume their users can report bad ads as they see them (which doesn't work too well once a redirect to a malware site or especially a fake virus warning that locks your browser or computer happens).
    2. A subscription, either to a site to remove their ads, or to a Patreon site, goes a long way. Some custom content is exclusive to paid subscribers and donators as well.
    3. Some of my favorite ad-free sites are Around the Sims and Mod the Sims and Sims 4 Studio Creator Studios. The latter two you will need to register (for free) and sign into the site for the best experience.
    4. To avoid slowing down your PC with safe custom content, limit the amount of custom content in your Mods folder at any one time. Your computer can only handle so much, (unless it is a brand new gaming computer with a top of the line graphics card) and the more you have there, the longer your game will take to load. Even those however, will work slower if you have 30 GB of custom content in your mods folder (as opposed to completely crashing everything or overheating with an older computer or weak graphics card).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    If you like Maxis match cc, this site reblogs a lot of it on a daily basis, and they never reblog anything that has any Adfly links or similar:
    https://maxismatchccworld.tumblr.com/
  • OrThaylorOrThaylor Posts: 46 Member
    ok,
    A. would suggest maxis match since it takes less space than alpha.
    B. cc shouldn't really slow your game down... if it is, be careful, NEVER GO TO ADF.LY LINKS NEVER!!!! they can harm your PC badly, so be cautious.
    C. you can follow simmers that use cc, that way you know it's gonna be safe, like lilsimsie: https://lilsimsiecc.tumblr.com/navigate
    happy summing :smile:
    Choose fun & love. <3
  • OrThaylorOrThaylor Posts: 46 Member
    simming*
    Choose fun & love. <3