Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to leave furniture when you move?

Could someone explain this because i don t want the house empty my si'm moves out of.

Comments

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited July 2016
    Evict them via the map screen. Using the "move" interaction will always keep the furniture in your inventory or sell it all both resulting in an empty house.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Could someone explain this because i don t want the house empty my sim moves out of.

Doesn't simply selling the furniture leave it behind when a sim moves out. Including pictures and stuff.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    Could someone explain this because i don t want the house empty my sim moves out of.

Doesn't simply selling the furniture leave it behind when a sim moves out. Including pictures and stuff.

From my experience that actually sells the furniture and leaves the house empty. Keeping it will also result in an empty house with all the stuff in your household inventory.

From my experience that actually sells the furniture and leaves the house empty. Keeping it will also result in an empty house with all the stuff in your household inventory.

Hmmm...I must have done this before. I wonder if I just evicted them? Am going to experiment...
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....

Hmmm...I must have done this before. I wonder if I just evicted them? Am going to experiment...

I always just evict them now. Spent 3 days (real time) making this larger than life mansion - beautifully decorated inside and out, and then moved my sims out for a minute only to find all my furnishings were gone. (Cried a lil on the inside but learned my lesson.. Always evict)
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I just use the standard "move family" option from the phone menu. When you select a new house it'll ask if you want to sell the furniture- select yes. That leaves the furniture behind in the structure. Not doing so brings it with you and leaves the structure blank. At least that has always been the case in my experience.
    Right...

I took a random townie, bought a lot...bought a sofa and built a wall, took a selfie and put it on the wall. Went to manage worlds, selected the household and then the truck icon to move. Bought an empty lot and sold the furniture...all the stuff is on the lot she left behind...so yeah...sell the furniture.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Just tested it using both the phone and the world menu move option and it worked fine each time.
    Maybe they changed it? Weird that it now saves the furniture on the lot.. Wish it did way back when :(
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    When I choose the sell furniture option, it leaves the house with all the furnishings, ready for the next family to move in.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Evict them via the map screen. Using the "move" interaction will always keep the furniture in your inventory or sell it all both resulting in an empty house.

Thanks.
  • PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    When I choose the sell furniture option, it leaves the house with all the furnishings, ready for the next family to move in.

This is correct. I always move household. You must click sell lot furniture and leave those. When next family move in, it will have what you left before.
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    Selling the furniture when moving leaves it with the house, as it means you are selling the furniture as part of the house. If you are experiencing otherwise, it might be from a mod or glitch and need to repair your game.
  • StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member

yes
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • DrkLvlyDrkLvly Posts: 6 New Member
    Why does the furniture disappear when sims that I am not playing move out or die. Is there a way to reset the house to put the furnishing back. Like everyone else I do not want an empty lot and do not feel like redecorating or making a new one.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    DrkLvly wrote: »
    Why does the furniture disappear when sims that I am not playing move out or die. Is there a way to reset the house to put the furnishing back. Like everyone else I do not want an empty lot and do not feel like redecorating or making a new one.

You could always save a copy of the completed house to your library and then if the furniture disappears, just switch it with your furnished saved copy.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I just evict them using the little house icon in the bottom right corner.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Good to know.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Selling the furniture when moving leaves it with the house, as it means you are selling the furniture as part of the house. If you are experiencing otherwise, it might be from a mod or glitch and need to repair your game.

Oh. This makes sense.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • NanneroniNanneroni Posts: 49 Member
    For me it's always worked to just select "sell furniture" when you have them move. You're selling the furniture along with the house, and the entire lot including the furniture stays behind for the next family on the market to move in :)
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Actually, because I recently moved, selling furniture = leaves the furniture there.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • NeptitudeNeptitude Posts: 22 New Member
    I know this thread is from 3.5 years ago but if anyone stumbles upon this, it is if you sell the furniture it will come back, whether you create a new household or move an already existing one. It works with apartments in City Living as well.

So guess we just have to keep track of how much money we had and do some math and cheats for a way to say "we left it there"
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    When I move my sims I put anything they need in their household inventory then “sell furniture” when they move. That usually keeps the furniture with the original house. San Myshuno apartments is a bit more finicky; which in that case you can’t always moved into an apartment with the furnishings, the game empties the apartment. So whatever furniture you leave behind may not always be there for the next sim you move in.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member

that's new, but I'm glad. always having to evict them stank before.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg