Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Showers Bring... Metals??

So last night in my sims game there was this huge thunderstorm (in summer) and it was the first one I've encountered in the Sims 4 Seasons. This morning (again, in-game) I noticed a random object lying in my sims' backyard while she was making breakfast. I hovered over it and here it was a metal collectible. Not only that but it was Sadnum, one of the rarest metals, just laying there behind the house!!! I picked it up and put it in my sims' inventory and like that, I had a super rare metal; no digging or searching necessary. I know that it didn't somehow get dragged out of one of my sims' inventories because I've just started this save and I've barely dug up any rock/dig sites. Plus, I just checked and it's not counted towards my collections which means that none of my sims had found it, it was literally just laying on the ground. Was this because of the thunderstorm? There was intense lighting for sure but I hadn't heard of that spawning collectibles... Has this happened to anyone else? I'm really curious so comment down below if you haven't had it happen or you've never heard of it. On the flip side if this has happened to you or if you've heard that it can happen, definitely fill me in. That would be such a cool feature if thunderstorms/lightning could spawn metals and this wasn't just a series of coincidental events :joy:

Comments

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Yes, the lightning leaves a small gift behind when it strikes in your yard. All lightning has done in my game is to reduce two yoga mats to ash and frighten my Sims and their pets. :D
  • SuperhellerSuperheller Posts: 1 New Member
    I found 2 pieces of sadnum on my flat roof after a big storm! The storm also destroyed my telescope.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Yes, the lightning leaves a small gift behind when it strikes in your yard. All lightning has done in my game is to reduce two yoga mats to ash and frighten my Sims and their pets. :D

Same my ball pot, clothesline, grill and water slide
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I found a rare metal with a focusing aura in my sim's garden after a thunderstorm. Very handy!
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Lightning left my Sim several metals and crystals my first spring, but now that my Sim has the 'collector' aspiration, I haven't had a single 'gift' from the lightning god. (My Sim had the option to 'claim' the metals, and they did count as collectibles for my household.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Evalyn326Evalyn326 Posts: 167 Member
    Yes, that happened in my game too.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Yup, lightening has been very good to my sims. Twice now my sim has gotten the plumbium, or something like that, all packaged nicely in the elements square. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    This just happened to me as well. Good to know I'm not the only one.