Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Miss Cars?

Comments

• lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Jinkx wrote: »
    i don t understand the hype at all. WE ALL KNOW IF CARS ARE COMING TO THE SIMS 4 THEY WILL VANISH WHEN YOU START RIDING THEM SO WHATS THE POINT.

???
    >???

I want cars and garages because they make houses more realistic. Most houses in real life have a garage and I would like to be able to build a functional one, instead of having to make fake garage doors or use CC ones and using fake cars. I had the same hype for laundry because, again, having a laundry room or at least a washing machine somewhere around the house makes it more realistic. Plus, cars in The Sims 2 were a fun object, and they could add the ability to restore junk cars as well.
  • timiina3timiina3 Posts: 16 New Member
    yess!! i really love the open world! i really miss it!
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    No, dont miss them theyre not really integral to me enjoying my games
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    i don t understand the hype at all. WE ALL KNOW IF CARS ARE COMING TO THE SIMS 4 THEY WILL VANISH WHEN YOU START RIDING THEM SO WHATS THE POINT.
    ???
    >???

and nobody asked my opinion about horses but I don't understand the hype for horses either
    I have to say I am with you @Jinkx - I feel like they are completely redundant in The Sims 4 and in the case of horses, only wanted in very specific circumstances... 😐
    I am one of those who are dying to get horses. I don't know about other players but my Danish royal legacy will not be the same without horses, because our kings around year 1800, 1900 all loved to ride horses. During World War 2 our king Christian d. 10. was famous for riding through Copenhagen every morning, and riding a white horse across the south border when we reunited with Schleswig.

... 😂💁‍♂️

For those that want them as visual garnish, you can get the dummy cars from the Live Edit/Hidden Objects for driveways and car parks. I have used a few recently.

I suppose it's worth remembering lots of Simmers won't be from cosmopolitan areas where driving is a necessity to get around. I can see why it would achieve a sense of realism for those people, but given the situation with the lots (being mostly closed off from one another) and the neighbourhoods being so small - it really isn't worth it.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    It'd also be cool that if they were to ever add cars to have some sort of mechanic skill or career.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    There used to be some great cars made by Simmers in the early days, when we got them in the game. I miss those Simmers more than the cars as they were a great lot of people.
  • ButteredToastButteredToast Posts: 47 Member
    I do not miss cars or open world.

If we must have transportation, my preference would be something that is environmentally friendly such as walking, cycling, skateboarding or cross-country skiing. I would love to see these activities to slowly increase your Sims' fitness over time (as they would IRL). My second preference would be public transportation such as buses (with proper bus stops and vending machines), bullet trains or underground subways with stations (of course) and bento box shops! In the last place I would be okay with electric cars (with individual superchargers that you can place in public lots or your rich sims' homes).

Sims 3 open world on my computer made the game uplayable for me. My computer and I love the neighbourhood concept in Sims 4 and this is open enough for us. Unless I have a very good reason to upgrade my hardware or software optimization has leaped miles forward, I would not purchase the next Sims iteration if it has an open world. I have played Sims 4 for nearly a 1000 hours in one year alone. I could see myself playing Sims 4 for years to come and not miss open world.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I play The Sims 3 so no, I do not miss cars as I already have them! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • moomoo Posts: 81 Member
    I didn't play much of sims 3, although they were pretty cool with the open world. I think in sims 4, they would work in a similar way to sims 2 cars. But, whereas in sims 2, sims went to work in carpools (unless you chose 'walk to work' option) and children and teens took the bus to school, in sims 4 they just walk away and disappear off of the lot, so I feel like they wouldn't be used much, because it's not like having a car would replace the work carpool or learning to drive as a teen would replace getting the bus... however, I would love for the work carpools to return, and for school buses to return- and if that happened, it would be fun to have cars to add that realism of teaching your older teens to drive and maybe getting them their first 'cheap' car that's a bit old and scruffy but they are happy to have the independence of driving! Also, on the talk of going to school on school bus etc... bring back private schools and school uniform for those... imagine the stories with that and incorporating whether a private school student with pushy parents then refuses to go to uni, or a child at the 'bad' school excelling and getting on a distinguished degree!! haha
    Gallery name is 2000_mollymoo💙
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Yes. I miss them for realism. Also as a goal for sims, and a potentially higher-priced item for our sims who are swimming in cash.
  • shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    Yes, I miss having cars. I liked teenagers learning to drive, it added a milestone to their lives. I also just liked having them to look at and interact with. I think they could make them work in TS4, even without open world and I really hope they bring them back soon. I think the fact that they have added bicycles and boats / water vehicles to TS4 is a promising sign that we might one day get cars.

Also, they really need to update bikes and make them available to kids. So annoying that only adults can ride bikes. lol.
  • edensmistedensmist Posts: 1 New Member
    Yep! I thought it was super realistic and wondered why they didn't use them this time. I also remember the vehicles that would pick them up during their career climbs. It was dope going from a rust bucket all the way to a limousine.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I really miss cars they add show much be it carpools the school bus firetrucks or just a car sitting in my Sims driveway or garage I could take out for a drive or repair and fix them up. Its really so weird to have Sims poof everywhere be it going on vacation or another world and they show up in nothing for a game that forces modern on us like cell phones to not have something so basic is rediculous.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    Sims actually using them, yes, but not that much. Carpools and taxis on the other hand, they'd look a whole heck of a lot cooler than the Sim just fading into the unknown.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    I don't miss cars at all.
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    I really hope TS5 is has an open world... I think if the creators condense the game's data it shouldn't run really poorly. After all, people are able to run TS4 with all of the expansions and packs.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    If they make cars in TS5 hope they will make a special passenger seat camera for players to take in the sights. Cars in TS3 drove around too fast for sight seeing. And cars should have workings doors and other features like they din in TS2.
  • SimmerQuinnSimmerQuinn Posts: 5 New Member
    I miss them when I am playing with rosebud sims as a higher price option and when the game glitches slightly and a sim decides to walk all the way home from a million miles away. :smiley: But I do think having multiple mobil options in game would be cool we got cycling from the University pack, but skateboarding would be cool too also I'd love to see a surfing option for Sulani sims (not that thats really transport just cool).
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    No, I don't care about cars. I'm not the type of person to fuss over them IRL, I don't care what model or brand I have, as long as it gets me where I need to go. I don't care if my sims have cars or not, and I would prefer they focus on other areas of lacking gameplay first.

I want babies to not be objects, more content for children, more family activities, more occults added, and new venue types to come out before they put resources into something as boring as cars.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Very much, and I miss horses too, for that matter. I loved horses in Sims 3!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    yes cars needs to return to the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member

???
    >???

@Jinkx, I don't know if you've ever played The Sims 2 but they had cars even though they disappeared of off the edge of the lot and then reappeared when returning home from your destination. In TS2, the sims got into their car and backed their car out of the driveway and then drove the car back into the driveway when they returned home. The thing with cars in The Sims 2 was that the Sims could have an alarm system added to their car, sit inside of their cars and listen to music, chat with their passenger or make out/woohoo. Then we had the fixer upper car where the sims could fix the car up and have it painted to whatever colors that was available to them. So if EA wanted to add cars to TS4, then they could also add the same interactions to those cars that TS2 had.

I do miss cars in the game myself for all of the interactions that I've listed in my comment to Jinkx. It made the game more funner to play in my opinion... :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    The cars will probably be eventually arrive.
  • VeronicaHerndonVeronicaHerndon Posts: 63 Member
    yes i really miss them Please EA bring them back
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I miss the open world from Sims 3 but in the Sims 4 cars would add so little that I'd rather they focus on other things. I find the brooms and bikes annoying. I'm afraid cars would be the same.