Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims are obsessed

with BBQing! I want to keep the BBQ because it's a staple item to have on the back porch, but seriously every single time a sim is hungry, they want to barbeque. They wake up at 5:00am hungry, a normal person would usually go make some eggs and toast or pancakes, oh but not my sims, they want bbq beans. Please, throw a mod my way if there is a way to keep a sim from using the BBQ unless I want them to.

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Lool literally why my sim can’t have nice things, they be making hotdogs or burgers in 4am 😤😤😤 they’re only feeding themselves too, not the whole dang neighborhood
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I don't use mods, but I sometimes use the move object cheat to block items I don't want sims to use autonomously. I can just quickly unblock in build mode when it's time to use the object. Either that, or just store the item in the household inventory.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I don't use mods, but I sometimes use the move object cheat to block items I don't want sims to use autonomously. I can just quickly unblock in build mode when it's time to use the object. Either that, or just store the item in the household inventory.

fabulous idea!
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    My sims seem to always want to eat. Literally 1 am? Lets make grilled cheese! Told a good joke? Cake. Been broken up with? Cereal. Cheated on? Tofuturkey Dinner. GETTING A DIVORCE?! Brownies. Mom DIED?! Cupcakes. YOU DIED!!?? Pizza.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I made this experience, when I've played rags to riches families with off the grid. The families were very low on bugdet (less than 30 s), but everytime I've logged in, directly in this moment someone spent 13 or more simeleons for bbq and I couldn't avoid it. They weren't even hungry, they had full green bar. After a while this evil money destroyer thing went into the household inventory.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited April 2020
    Toddlers also always want to eat! Regardless of how they are upset, you can be sure they want to eat. It's unrealistic and so very annoying :s

As for the barbeque - I tend to not implement objects that cause obsessive behavior in Sims. I don't play with autonomy on these days, so it's not currently a problem. Love my red heart-shaped CC bbq.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Lool literally why my sim can’t have nice things, *snip*

This, to be honest. I've turned off autonomy for so many interactions on so many things. Now the neighbours are not running to the computer the second they arrive, but you can bet they'll find something else instead, like a stereo I forgot to turn off. Anything to not talk to the people you're visiting, right? Sims have always been obsessed, at least since TS2 Freetime. My sims can be at work, and still queue up things to do the second they come home.

And isn't it a bit concerning how they teach us that food is the solution to everything? What message is that sending to young simmers? "Feelin' down? No problem! Go stuff your face!" Food, especially grilled food, solves any problem! Rosysimmer's post is spot on!
    Kathykins wrote: »

This, to be honest. I've turned off autonomy for so many interactions on so many things. Now the neighbours are not running to the computer the second they arrive, but you can bet they'll find something else instead, like a stereo I forgot to turn off. Anything to not talk to the people you're visiting, right? Sims have always been obsessed, at least since TS2 Freetime. My sims can be at work, and still queue up things to do the second they come home.

oh yesssss!! I put the kabash on this computer thing. I put in a mod that sets it to not be used by certain people. but yea, parties can go horribly wrong, especially in a larger house. My sim has a birthday the other day and the entire guest list was spread out across the house when the birthday sim was blowing out his candles. If there is a way to gather everyone to the cake, I don't know about it. But one guest will be in the shower while another is taking out their trash while another is jumping in the pool. I wish we had more control over parties.

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    Kathykins wrote: »

oh yesssss!! I put the kabash on this computer thing. I put in a mod that sets it to not be used by certain people. but yea, parties can go horribly wrong, especially in a larger house. My sim has a birthday the other day and the entire guest list was spread out across the house when the birthday sim was blowing out his candles. If there is a way to gather everyone to the cake, I don't know about it. But one guest will be in the shower while another is taking out their trash while another is jumping in the pool. I wish we had more control over parties.

Try to add all the guests to a group and use "go here" so that the whole group gathers next to the cake.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Actually, the first time one of my original sims went to use the BBQ it burst into flame. I said to myself, "Alright, nope, not replacing it!". Then a few times later the stove caught on fire... :D

KRWemUf.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Rosysimmer wrote: »
    Been broken up with? Cereal.

I’m pretty sure everyone can relate to this, not just your sims. :joy::joy::joy:
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    First thing i delete! I keep a space for it around and just buy it for parties than its sold again. My sims always obsess over it and almost always set it and themselves on fire. Funny thing. First time I ever played the game, I created my sim lady Deanna. She started dating Travis Scott and they had a baby. He was still living in another household at the time. One evening he stayed over as you do, and slept in while she went to work and baby dissappeared off to daycare. That idiot got up to make burgers on her grill. He caught it on fire. He screamed and yelled the whole time the fire burned. 4 rooms and the majority of her stuff by the time she got home! I sent her in to exstinguish the fire. She caught fire and burned to death and her baby was whisked away by social services. Travis ran away. I was devastated lol!
  • MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    Rosysimmer wrote: »
    My sims seem to always want to eat. Literally 1 am? Lets make grilled cheese! Told a good joke? Cake. Been broken up with? Cereal. Cheated on? Tofuturkey Dinner. GETTING A DIVORCE?! Brownies. Mom DIED?! Cupcakes. YOU DIED!!?? Pizza.

Your sims are not that special, darling. I, too, open my fridge every time inconvenience happens.

On a serious note, though, is there some specific calculation to determine how attracted the sims are to an object? I mean, in a household with BBQ, a sim always cook with BBQ while another sim never touch it.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @aaronrulz did you know that clicking on the computer gives you the option "computer security" and using that tou can lock the computer to all but your sim or sims you choose?
    Starfree wrote: »
    @aaronrulz did you know that clicking on the computer gives you the option "computer security" and using that tou can lock the computer to all but your sim or sims you choose?

there is? I've been using a mod. It's in-game now? hahaha. Or maybe it's possible I took out the mod when they brought it in-game so I thought it's been a mod this whole time. oops
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    @Kathykins Thanks for saying how spot on my post was. I've only been on the Forums for a few days, so that is pretty cool for me. I know I sound like an overdramaticised Soap Opera character, but meh.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    @Rosysimmer thanks for the belly laugh! :D

I have 2 grills for most of my sims, cheap one to make herbal remedies and a nice one to bbq on. The nice one hardly ever gets used, lol. Of course I have to prompt sim to make remedy on cheap grill, but most of my sims love their stoves and tea brewer.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • MariLxMariLx Posts: 34 Member
    Whenever I take my sims to the park the first thing they do is bbq!
    Even when they have a full green bar

I guess they feel the need to feed the whole town, lol
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I'm currently playing an actress, and going to work with her, when its time for her gigs. Her husband is at home, and getting hungry. What do I see when we get home? Oh yes, hubby standing by the BBQ, grilling himself some burgers. With a fridge full of excellent meals. He's a 2 star celeb, with Refined Palate quirk. I'm gonna have him eat all those normal quality burgers, that's all he'll be eating for days. And then laugh when he gets the "unpleasant meal" moodlet.

(I know its not the sims fault, though. He'll get some home baked cookies as well, since the Mrs got into baking. I'm not cruel, after all :D )

I just wish they would tone down the attraction on some of this stuff, but I'm afraid they will tune it too much, like with aliens and vampires. It seems its all or nothing with this game.