Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    Hi All! Just popping in to read updates and to say hi. I love how all of the families are progressing. I haven't had any play time lately. Hopefully I can go into my game tonight.
    ]
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited May 2020
    I have tried a few times to post this update, maybe third time is the charm?

@JordanNicoleJJ - I stand a long update ;) and very much enjoy them! Cam and Lauren are aging gracefully and wowzers definitely keeping things interesting lol. I kind of love that Mac got serial romantic, I think someone in this challenge had a sim with it before and completed that aspiration then changed to soulmate when they picked a mate. (it was adorable and probably @Heckstress17 or @debjameswhite ?) Speaking of which I need to bring your updated family into my game. Laucer and Acer, teenage sweethearts I love it and they're adorable together. Love their makeovers too. Gosh losing pets in the sims always gets me right in the feels :( I am in shock of the wedding pic, everyone sat down?! What foul magic is this?
    Prepare for lots of birthdays!
    With not one, but two whiz kids in the house Jessica has had her hands full.
    1488a214e7.jpg

And I think I've decided on the heir as well.
    4317b66bd6.png

I think she knows it too lol, oh Sage ♥
    f16ff4b3f4.png

Despite being a triplet Sage is content to zone out, especially since she has the music lover trait
    92f3a9e54b.jpg

First up on the birthday train was Channing, who has just realized he hasn't completed his aspiration.
    5e63404e2f.jpg

His adult makeover
    61620567f8.png

And Dr. Jessica wasted no time sprucing herself up after her makeover
    a1b8917c62.jpg

Whiz kids, Sage and Basil got in one last hug before aging up, they're best pals
    fb3499cef6.jpg

And here are the triplets in all their teen glory, let the moodswings begin!
    a03b004c59.png

adabcfc91f.png

ff3a803761.png
  • SimmingKimSimmingKim Posts: 94 Member
    edited May 2020
    @OJenn all of your kids look incredible! I love them all. Sage is gorgeous. Grats for choosing an heir.

Here are all the kids as YA & teens... The first set of twins are YA in their pictures. The others are teens. From oldest set of twins to the youngest here are:

Landon & Gunner

05-01-20_11-11-44_PM.png

05-01-20_11-11-39_PM.png

Marilyn & Colten

05-01-20_11-11-59_PM.png

05-01-20_11-11-54_PM.png

Vincent & Raid

05-01-20_11-12-05_PM.png

05-01-20_11-12-10_PM.png
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    edited May 2020
    @SimmingKim It's okay if you don't have time to comment on every update. We still appreciate your kind comments and updates :smile: Edited to add -- I totally forgot to say Colten is def my favorite! He's so different from all of the others and I think he's super cute!

@amadazulsim It's nice to hear from you! I'm sorry you haven't had time to play lately, I know the feeling. Hoping you get some time soon!

@OJenn I'm glad you're liking the long updates, I felt bad for spamming the thread with so many pics :sweat_smile: I'm also excited about Mac's serial romantic aspiration! I haven't done that one in awhile, so it'll be fun and interesting. I can't believe I got so lucky with everyone sitting at the wedding :lol: They may have finally fixed the coding, and if that's the case, it makes me a lot more excited for a "romance" pack in the future -- bachelor/bachelorette parties, wedding venue lot type, choosing bridesmaids/groomsmen, choosing "bride's side" or "groom's side" seating, prioritizing parents/siblings to sit in seats closest to the arch, etc. The possibilities are endless! I definitely might be asking for too much though...it did take them five years just to get the "sit down" coding right :lol:

I'm so glad Sage is your heir. She just seems like such a cool, calm, and collected kid. Channing and Jessica look great with their makeovers! And holy smokes, Sage and Basil are some good-looking sims! The boys are total hotties, but I'm in LOVE with Sage :love: And she's a serial romantic too!! Man, I love her to pieces. Would you mind putting them on the gallery so I can add them to my game?
    Post edited by tipsycowplant on
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    I love all of these updates so much more then I can say right now <3 I'm gonna be away for awhile. My Grandma, who is like a Mom to me, is in hospice and because of Covid-19 I'm unable to see her. Despite my planning to travel 1200 miles to do so. I'm having a really hard time right now. I'm sorry for being off topic and oversharing. I'll be back when I can.
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    You never have to apologize for being human @Heckstress17 this is an incredibly tough time right and especially so with it impacting your family. I am sending you all the good energy I can muster and just know you can message me anytime for any reason ♥

@JordanNicoleJJ - I will upload them for you tomorrow for sure ♥
    @JordanNicoleJJ Here is the entire family ♥
  • MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hi, I aged up Basil and Ash Meyers. I don't know which brother my ISBI founder will choose. I thought you'd like to see them @OJenn I'll go back to lurking now. :)

05-06-20_4-54-35_PM.png
    The brothers' home.
    05-06-20_5-09-49_PM.png
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @Heckstress17 What @OJenn said a million times. I am sending you all the love. Thank you for sharing your life with us. I know I for one am grateful anytime any of you trust us enough to do that. I love you <3
    @Heckstress17 Stay strong.

@OJenn My Sim chose Ash.

@debjameswhite Hi :smile:
    @Heckstress17 I'm so sorry to hear that :frowning: You don't need to apologize for anything! Take all the time you need. My inbox is open if you want to talk or just vent. Sending all the love your way :heart:

@OJenn Thank you!! I'll get them in my game next time I play :blush:

@Mionax Hi! It's always fun meeting a lurker. Do you post your ISBI story anywhere? I'd love to give it a read if you do :smile:

Speaking of reading other stories - I'm giving the traditional legacy challenge another go, and I'm creating a wordpress blog for it. If anyone has time and would be interested, I'd love some help making sure the blog looks right on other devices and is easily navigated. I'll gladly send anyone the link who wants to 'preview' it for me :smiley:
    @JordanNicoleJJ Hi! :) No story for my ISBI yet. Sorry
    Imma put this in a spoiler since it isn't relevant to this thread, but ya'll are my closest sim friends, so I figured I'd share the link to my new legacy in case anyone wants to check it out :smile:
    Here's the link to the blog: The Norwood Legacy. I'm still having issues with the header image -- it's not showing up for me on mobile, and it's cut off on tablet mode...if anyone has any advice on how to fix that, let me know!
    @OJenn I loved seeing Evie in your game. I totally expect them to be good friends. Wow. I'm glad she was able to deal with the outbreak in Oasis Springs so quickly. The kids in your house are absolutely beautiful. I love when families all work together on projects. Ash may be sucking up to Mom but Mom does not look impressed. hehe

Oh yay! I'm happy you picked Sage. Channing looks so shocked to be having a birthday! He and Jessica both aged up amazingly. I need to start doing that. I'm so lazy haha The kids though...all of them look awesome but I'm so in love with Sage and Basil. Sorry Ash...it's totally the eyebrows!

@JordanNicoleJJ Long updates always make me happy. I love the little house. It's so cute. I love the Creeks as well. They're equally cute :). Oh wow look at Mac! I love him!! Packard definitely has that admiring younger sibling look. I just love Acer and how awkward he is and Laura just watching it all unfold. haha I got so wrapped up I just read and stopped commenting! I just love seeing the family being together and going through their little lives. Getting ready for school/life. Poor Packard aging up into his aspiration in the middle of winter when he can't fish. Soon Packard soon. How sweet seeing Acer introduce Laura to the family. Of course she fit right in! I'd expect that 100%! Acer aged up so handsomely! No I can't stand that they're elders! The date that Acer took Laura on though!? That was amazing! They looked so good! I love that he proposed. Aww sweet Chubbs. I'm so sad about him but he had a good long life for a little sim doggie. OH NO! Laura!! How did this happen?? hehe the wedding was awesome. It just reminded me of Drew's wedding. I miss Sulani! I LOVE their makeovers! They will do great in Sulani!!

Also pick me! Pick me!!! ME!!!! OH yay I see you picked all of us. Definitely checking that out!

@SimmingKim Your kids look great! I can't wait to see another update.

@JordanNicoleJJ and @OJenn Yes! I had two with the Serial Romance Aspiration. The first was Journey and I remember thinking I would never do it again! BUT then I had Flynn and he had it as well. He was my founder for Windenburg...Had 21 kids with I don't even remember how many ladies before he settled down with the love of his life. It was fun but man was that family tree hard!

@Mionax Hi! What's an ISBI challenge? Thanks for saying hi :)

OHHHH I always wondered why those little pink flowers showed up randomly in people's posts...Honestly I didn't think I had said anything that bad! hehehehe
    edited May 2020

@Mionax Hi! What's an ISBI challenge? Thanks for saying hi :)

Hi again xD Is a pleasure, you all seem so nice.
    An ISBI, you can only control one Sim per generation. You lose points if anyone pees themselves, passes out, etc. You gain points if they do something good. When one of the kids becomes YA, you stop controlling your Sim and start controlling the heir you've picked. Rules

• BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I need to try this challenge....
    @debjameswhite The mystery of the flowers has been solved! I thought people were putting flower emojis in their posts cause it's cute...but I guess the forum replaced plum with flowers :lol: I'm glad you liked my long update! I've been having fun binge-playing for a day or two then posting a lot at once, it's a little more manageable for me. I miss Sulani too!! I tried to do this rebuilding challenge there when I got my new laptop because the world was so beautiful with my new and improved graphics, but I didn't connect with my sims enough and the weather never changed really (I like having all four seasons)... Anyway, I'm hoping to visit a lot more now that Acer and Laura live there. And yes, if you have any feedback on my blog (especially that annoying header image that seems to change size on a whim...), I'd love to hear it! I used a familiar sim as my founder - I fell in love with @Heckstress17 's male founder for her Sulani rebuild, so I changed some traits and gave him a new 'Brindleton Bay' look. I wish I could use all of the sims from this challenge, but spouses aren't supposed to be pre-skilled, and we're way too good at skilling and completing aspirations haha.

@Bloosmoo You're welcome to join us anytime! It's a fun challenge for sure!
    @JordanNicoleJJ I went through your blog and looked at everything! I never noticed the header changing sizes and I even went back and clicked around a little more to see if it would but it didn't. Also, I don't know if you know this but the tab has a little picture of the Loves the Outdoors trait...you have to know it since that's your trait the heir has to have. What is the etiquette for tumblr? I wanted to post a comment but I didn't know if I should post anything on your story there! So far I love everything about it.

@Mionax I clicked on your link and fell down a rabbit hole trying to figure out what ISBI actually stood for haha I did finally figure it out. I don't think I could do a challenge where I didn't control anyone else! It is an interesting concept though. Thanks for telling me about it :) Also, we are nice...you should come do this challenge with us!

@Bloosmoo You do need to do this challenge! Come play!

@debjameswhite I'm glad you like it! Is the header image showing properly? Like, can you see the full "Norwood Legacy" text part on the header? It cuts it off on mobile and tablets, so I want to make sure it at least works on desktops. And yes, the loves outdoors icon is intentional! I downloaded a pack of "sims icons" extracted from the game and thought it was a cute touch. I'm using wordpress to host it rather than tumblr because tumblr isn't as reader-friendly, so like and comment to your heart's desire!
    @debjameswhite = The Rebuild Challenge recruiter. haha :smile:
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I am definitely going to try this, I'll clear my worlds tomorrow, building is my favourite thing ever and I love playing with genetics. Really excited to start this with you! I've only ever done the 100 baby before and I love doing that challenge but get carried away with the building lol. (This also means I have to look at uploading pictures for real now.... :# I am not the most technically minded gamer)
    @Bloosmoo I can't wait to see your founders/builds! I don't know what everyone else uses for hosting images, but I've always used an empty wordpress blog. There's a "media" section to upload pics for the blog, but I just use the URLs it generates. I've never had any problems with it in the 3-4 years I've been using it, and if I run out of storage space on there, I can just create a new one lol.
    @JordanNicoleJJ Oh I don't know why I thought it was tumblr! Yes though, the banner is perfect on my laptop.
    FHHHA.PNG

@Bloosmoo So glad you're going to try this. I can't wait!

@Mionax Yup! That's me :)
    @JordanNicoleJJ I have enjoyed reading your legacy.
    I have a feeling your self control is going to cave within the week. Pet dog/cat incoming to a legacy near you. haha

@debjameswhite
    I've already begun. ;)

05-07-20_10-14-14_PM.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top