Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April 2020 Survey

Comments

• Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @GracieO312 also the high school they are offering is American high school.and for many of us this would not be an appealling idea. The game is americanised enough already. I was disappointed in DU in how culturally USA specific it was.

I also didnt like that the description of cliques etc seemed to hint that they were going to include a certain amount of institutionalised bullying which srems so common in US school tv and movies too.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Besides story progression I like total control of my game and really dont want random things happening, fan clubs and the culinary option I swear they just took some of the list I made here and made a survey. Oh please give me highschool, cheerleaders, bands, body hair, shopping malls, romance and dating options, traits overhaul, consequences with relationships, short term desires, fix the babies give kids and toddlers more I want it all.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    I voted highly for the Brazilian Beach World. Maybe they could add scuba diving,wind surfing and other stuff Sulani didn't get. Perhaps liveable underwater lots for mermaids.

I also voted that top of the list, but what I really would like is an Australian beach world. The beaches here are quite different from the ones in Sulani. Surfing would be on my list of activities, but there is also the danger element, like stingers, crocodiles, rough surf. There are beaches in northern parts of Australia where you take a big risk just getting in the water!
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Why are Korea and China included as vacation options and not Japan? Sims 3 already had China, and I know Korea is the "trendy" thing, but I'd prefer Japan. Maybe a ski resort and hot springs in Hokkaido?
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I don't want story progression. If they're going to add it to Sims 4 at least it should be optional. I've seen the horrors of story progression on people who use MCCC and it stresses me out. :#

Really? I use MCCC so I can halt story progression and it works like a dream.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Why are Korea and China included as vacation options and not Japan? Sims 3 already had China, and I know Korea is the "trendy" thing, but I'd prefer Japan. Maybe a ski resort and hot springs in Hokkaido?

I was thinking the same thing while taking the survey.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I love the idea of story progression for selected families - like a checkbox next to them in unplaced households. That way, townies I made to pull into my stories down the track are who I need them to be, while others can have some random storylines to them.

I would love love love a Greek Island world. Whichever world we get, I just want it to be a proper live in world, not travel only.

I voted mostly for romance and trait developments, as well as content and gameplay for children and elders.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    Ugh Story Progression. I'm also a rotational player.

But ... They did specify NPC Story Progression, and that was very important to how I rated it. If it was general SP, I would have put it at the very bottom because, like others, I don't want my played households interfered with.

So I'll admit, I was intrigued. I've seen on these forums, time and time again, people saying how their games go stagnant, full of ghosts and no continuation of NPC or townie families so their Sims have slim pickins for socialization. I personally play with aging off so this obviously isn't an issue for me, but if I decided to play a new save with aging on, I could see why this would be depressing.

Therefore... I rated it about a six, behind the things I personally wanted more. But a six is huge progress for me concerning warming up to the idea of Story Progression. :p
    #Team Occult
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Doing this survey was really interesting. I have mods for most of these things. It was hard because do I vote for it because it would be officially in game or go for something else because I already have it.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Oh the chinese countryside sounds amazing!!! Sims 4 is already so pretty it would look so good! 😁😁😁

Korean city also sounds great. Bibimbap, japchae, bulgogi, samgyeopsal....omg sounds great.

Same with some others about european destinations lol they were low on my list. South african was #3 though :)

I never thought about cheering in the sims but that sounds so.fun. I put that pretty high. Amercan high school sounds good too! This survery was really nice, had some very cool ideas
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    This survey was actually really exciting I hope they can pull through with some fundemental things the game needs then id be all over TS4 :)

• julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    I am just a bit disappointed that so many of the game options seem to be centred around American schools instead of maybe schooling around the world
    And once more they are trying to push ideas like youtuber etc at us
  • MariqueenMariqueen Posts: 24 Member
    When it comes to the world ideas, I put the "Chinese Countryside" at the top. Partly because China has one of the most beautiful natural landscapes in the world, and partly because in my heart of hearts I hope a Chinese-inspired world will come with Martial Arts skills and improved fights for our sims. The cartoon fight cloud is alright and all...but some kung-fu wouldn't push the game out of its T rating. I mean, Street Fighter games are consistently rated T, and the gameplay is entirely punching and kicking (and that but bump thing Rainbow Mika does).

You know a lot of martial arts related things like karate and ninjas originated in Japan, right?
    j1z1 wrote: »
    Aw, that sounds rough. Especially what with all the electronics and apparel we use every day. Or paper and umbrellas and myriad things. Hope it eases up for you. Maybe by the time any of these packs are ready it won't be so bad.

TRUSTTT if our manufacturing for everything wasn't so dependent on China, I would have stopped buying things made there years ago.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Why would they add Costa Rican rainforest when we already have Selvadorada? It would almost be a repeat and we should have more distinguished variety in worlds.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    Mariqueen wrote: »
    Aw, that sounds rough. Especially what with all the electronics and apparel we use every day. Or paper and umbrellas and myriad things. Hope it eases up for you. Maybe by the time any of these packs are ready it won't be so bad.

TRUSTTT if our manufacturing for everything wasn't so dependent on China, I would have stopped buying things made there years ago.

I mean, I feel bad about buying stuff made in sweat shops too, but I think for different reasons. I honestly don't have anything against Chinese people, at least no more than any other people with governments who have done messed up things, which are ...most. The richness of the culture and the history and the contributions are worth appreciating and the people are worth supporting. That's why I'm not surprised Chinese countryside has been a popular choice. And hey, I love Japan too and would equally love anything they could give us based on their culture and landscapes. Kawaii CAS items? Yes.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member

I wondered the same and got pretty frustrated about it. Surely the devs have read the many requests for a Japan inspired world and seen all the Japanese related builds from the community. I’m actually disheartened by their lack of acknowledgement.

I mean, I feel bad about buying stuff made in sweat shops too, but I think for different reasons. I honestly don't have anything against Chinese people, at least no more than any other people with governments who have done messed up things, which are ...most. The richness of the culture and the history and the contributions are worth appreciating and the people are worth supporting. That's why I'm not surprised Chinese countryside has been a popular choice. And hey, I love Japan too and would equally love anything they could give us based on their culture and landscapes. Kawaii CAS items? Yes.

No, it's for the same reasons. I have nothing against the people, well.. except the ones that torture the dogs before eating them.. I've seen some pretty messed up videos of what they do to them js but for the most part, it's the government I have a lot of issues with. Kawaii items, oh man, I would LOVE it.

Mariqueen wrote: »
    When it comes to the world ideas, I put the "Chinese Countryside" at the top. Partly because China has one of the most beautiful natural landscapes in the world, and partly because in my heart of hearts I hope a Chinese-inspired world will come with Martial Arts skills and improved fights for our sims. The cartoon fight cloud is alright and all...but some kung-fu wouldn't push the game out of its T rating. I mean, Street Fighter games are consistently rated T, and the gameplay is entirely punching and kicking (and that but bump thing Rainbow Mika does).

You know a lot of martial arts related things like karate and ninjas originated in Japan, right?

Kung Fu is Chinese and originated there.

• GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Have the results been released yet?
  • ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    Surprised to see that so many people here don't like story progression. For me, this game is unplayable without it, I always have MCCC downloaded lol
    keep on keepin' on
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    I love story progression, helps with the way I play my game. I get tired of doing rotational play, ruins the challenge that I am trying to do.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • SomearylalaSomearylala Posts: 32 Member
    I don't even play S4 that much, but I wanted Story Progression because I really don't mind if a Sim gets paired up with someone else. I just like the fact that it can be included for loads of worlds now, they don't have that option in S3 I believe

@TamakiSakura84 I agree, it would be nice to go to Japan in Sims
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Story progression and body hair please! Please! Please!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    taydev wrote: »
    Why would they add Costa Rican rainforest when we already have Selvadorada? It would almost be a repeat and we should have more distinguished variety in worlds.
    I was thinking that too. Plus we have a beach world with Island Living. How I approached the voting was what worlds the Sims 4 doesn't have yet. They already have city life with City Living. So I want new ideas not just recycled ideas Sims 4 has already released.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller