Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think there will be a new expansion pack announcement next week (beginning of May)?

They usually seem to announce a big expansion for the Summer time, and since they usually allow a month to promote it, do you think they will announce something next week?

Do you think there will be a new expansion pack announcement next week (beginning of May)? 55 votes

Yes.
5%
alexspoom13IceyJtexxx78 3 votes
No.
21%
BloosmooAnmirlaPaigeisin5ChadSims2Bren91NorthDakotaGamerlogionBradyGalaxyNoirStasisamber_ilumireKimmerCaprianaB 12 votes
Hopefully, but no idea.
70%
crocobauraaelias24CamkatcandystormSimpatsyannmcruddasimbsimStrangerthanPinkSugar81simlicious2015Pegasyssikasika18SeptJanOctMoonfoxNightcryBatmanFanGirlMariLxEnkiSchmidtMissimay94xMarianxRedShoe7 39 votes
Don't know, don't care.
1%
Krueger 1 vote

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Hopefully, but no idea.
    I'm going to cling to my delusion that they had something planned for March that was delayed, and they're moving up the EP to compensate. Despite probably being totally wrong,
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No.
    Dont think so the Sims team is in California which is insanely locked down.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    No.
    If they stay true to the past releases of packs, the new EP probably isn't going to be released until mid to late June. Announcing the new pack next week would give us six weeks of waiting for it. That's an unusually long time between the official announcement and the release date. And releasing the new EP in May rather than June might not fit into the timeline that was given for the next three packs. But who knows? With everything that is going on globally, as well as the stay at home orders in some states, there really isn't any way to say what will happen tomorrow let alone next week. I hope we get some news soon, though. It's been a long dry spell as far as new content goes.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited April 2020
    No.
    My first thought is June, but I guess it could be possible given that we didn't get a Game Pack earlier this year.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    No.
    Nope, EPs are generally expected in mid June and there doesn’t tend to be much time in-between the announcement and release dates. Leaks are a possibility though. I believe it was May when the IL pack was first leaked?
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No.
    My guess is based on the impressions I get from many of them on Twitter. It seems they are much more into goofing off type steams on Twitch, which gives me a very negative outlook.
  • Satell8iteSatell8ite Posts: 36 Member
    Hopefully, but no idea.
    They're only releasing 1 expansion pack this year so they're carefully crafting it whilst the lockdown is happening. The Knitting Stuff Pack isn't even released yet. If I had to guess, we will probably get the news in July.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Hopefully, but no idea.
    Satell8ite wrote: »
    They're only releasing 1 expansion pack this year so they're carefully crafting it whilst the lockdown is happening. The Knitting Stuff Pack isn't even released yet. If I had to guess, we will probably get the news in July.

I really do think the order of items on the banner for the pack announcement is the order they intend to release them. Yes, we know more about the stuff pack, but I really do think the Expansion Pack will come first. It probably (despite my hopes) won't come until mid June, which means at least two more weeks before we get any sort of announcement, but I think we'll see that before we see the stuff pack.

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Satell8ite wrote: »

No, they're releasing an EP, a GP and a SP in the next six months. That only covers through September, much like last year, and we did get a second EP last year in November, so it's possible we'll get something else before the end of the year.
    #Team Occult
  • MariLxMariLx Posts: 34 Member
    Hopefully, but no idea.
    I really hope they at least leak the EP
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    No.
    That sounds a little too early, I'm not sure when the survey is over, but I would not expect to hear anything from them until that is done.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Hopefully, but no idea.
    It will be called Get [insert theme here].