Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Other simulations game you own, or excited being released ?

Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
I play a lot simulation games.They are also games I'm excited for like paralives, or hokasoki life. The games I own are
Two point Histspital
Stardew Valley
My time at port is
Staxels
Slime rancher. (I guessed that count?)
What games do you play ?

Comments

• KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited May 2020
    Animal Crossing. I started with New Leaf and now have New Horizons. I'm hoping I can find a copy of Wild World that isn't overpriced.

I go back and forth about Stardew Valley. Pixel art doesn't appeal to me, but it seems it has more to do than Animal Crossing and the game doesn't play in real time like AC. At the same time, I'm considering Harvest Moon, although I've read the newer games aren't made by the same company that produced the older ones.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • MariLxMariLx Posts: 34 Member
    I've heard about this simulation game "My Time at Portia" and it seems so interesting!
    Have any of you ever played it?
    I haven't played it, but I watched a gameplay video. Personally, I dislike it. It seems on par gameplay-wise as far as farming simulations go, but the camera and perspective are disproportionate and clunky to me. Apparently, the game is much better on PC. On Switch, it looks like it belongs on PlayStation 2.
  • MariLxMariLx Posts: 34 Member
    The graphics reminded me a bit of Animal Crossing, idk, maybe it's because of the way they run ahaha
    I am just curious about how they integrated families and relationships in a farming simulation type of game
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    The only simulation game I play is Sims. However, I am waiting on Paralives.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited May 2020
    Animal Crossing. I looked a bit at some others (Portia and Stardew) but just wasn't interested... they aren't my style of game play.

I WAS interested in Paralives but with the art style updates recently and colour wheel added I've lot interest for the most part. HOWEVER, I'm keeping an eye on it because if the characters are done really well maybe I'd be interested again? As long as they aren't too real looking.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Animal Crossing. I looked a bit at some others (Portia and Stardew) but just wasn't interested... they aren't my style of game play.

I WAS interested in Paralives but with the art style updates recently and colour wheel added I've lot interest for the most part. HOWEVER, I'm keeping an eye on it because if the characters are done really well maybe I'd be interested again? As long as they aren't too real looking.

Why you lost interest because of the color wherl
    edited May 2020

Why you lost interest because of the color wherl

I just don't like colour wheels. I didn't enjoy it in earlier sims and I'm glad Sims 4 uses swatches instead now. I don't enjoy building, just live play and having to spend time finding exact matches etc is just frustrating to me. I make one counter a nice shade of teal or whatever and then have to click exactly right to get the next to match it, or remember the hex code numbers for everything depending on the game. Even if it has a copy colour tool it's still hard to click on the exact colour I want for the first item... I dunno, I just can't stand using them lol! Sims 4 swatch system is sooo much better and easier for me to use.

If paralives have swatches too though, that'd be okay. I'm not sure if they do? I really didn't like that new preview that came out though,the art style of it looked too realistic. I'm not against the game or anything, not saying I won't give it a chance, but I've lost a LOT of interest in it and while I'll keep an eye on it, if it doesn't get better I prob won't get it.
    I don't think just because they have color wheels.Dosent mean they won't have swatches.Sims 3 had swatches with the color wheel.Im kind glad the style will be more realistic.Im not a huge fan how cartoony the sims look now .
    I don't think just because they have color wheels.Dosent mean they won't have swatches.Sims 3 had swatches with the color wheel.Im kind glad the style will be more realistic.Im not a huge fan how cartoony the sims look now .

If they have both AND put equal effort into swatches so there's a lot to choose from then I'm totally okay with a colour wheel too, I can just ignore it haha! Will have to see what they do. I love the cartoony look of the Sims 4 haha! I play a realistic game in the Sims (ish... I mean I play without any aliens, vampires, mermaids etc.... but I also allow unrealistic things such as cheating so sims will always be 100% happy and have 0 need decay and every sim gets the "Good" trait) but for looks I don't like things to LOOK real in a game.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Stardew Valley. I've seen it mentioned here a lot, and decided to try it. I'm hooked. One of the VERY few mobile games I have played that is not a freemium farce (which is why I pass right by any "FREE" titles), or a crude disaster that seems like someone threw it together in an afternoon. It is as good as (and honestly, better in many cases) than many PC and console games I have played.

Rigs of Rods. Well, breaking stuff. Probably half the reason I play it, otherwise messing with heavy equipment. Plus, it tends to run well on practically any machine.

BeamNG. I am pretty well, critical of this game. Yeah, graphics are better, and it has. But honestly, it's little more than a ripoff of Rigs of Rods. Most of the designers in that game started on RoR years and years ago (I've been playing ROR since 2009). It tends to run poorly on most mid-end machines, so I haven't played it an a long while.

The "EMERGENCY" series; mostly due to the strategic element of it.

And uh, I will admit, I have played Goat Simulator. As time moves on, it occurs more and more to me how stupid, and overpriced the game is. It has not really any plot, horrible graphics, and well, gameplay is well, whatever. It's also one of the few games I play that give me vertigo, BAD.

Garry's Mod. The game really didn't do too much for me. Like Goat Simulator, it game me vertigo. I find it too focused on multiplayer, too violent, and too lacking in basically everything. Like TS4, it's one of the few games where my mod folder overflows.
    edited May 2020
    I have to admit I find Stardew Valley depressing. Every character has a tragic background or circumstances. I feel like there's a line between depth and drama. Giving every character a dark history is no more exciting than making every character vanilla.
    Post edited by KayeStar on
    KayeStar wrote: »
    I have to admit I find Stardew Valley depressing. Every character has a tragic background or circumstances. I feel liks there's a line between depth and drama. Giving every character a dark history is no more exciting than making every character vanilla.

I'm impress with stardewvalley topics they were able to get a with.They had a person battling depression.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Paralives
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2020
    I play House Flipper from time to time. It's basically like build mode in the sims, but in first person and more focus on cleaning and fixing houses. It's fun but it takes so much longer to build rooms in that game.

cz648rp.png