Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unique Deaths in The Sims

ยซ1
https://youtu.be/A6rIZxqfdfk

And please can we for once just appreciate each version without all of the negative comparisons and criticisms. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Comments

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Wow! This was hilarious and a great look back. So many from TS1 and 2 that I'd forgotten. :D

I'd love to see death by flies return. That was my all time favourite. :) I thought the "runs with scissors" was pretty fun too, but I can see why we wouldn't be allowed to have that anymore.
    The meteor death in TS3 combined with the satellite death in TS2 made me so suspicious to use the cloud watching features in 4 :D
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I wish sims could be murdered by eachother, as well as falling from heights or being swept away by like, a wave in Sulani. Or natural disaster, like a hurricane or a tornado, or even a tsunsmi.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Thank you for posting. A lot of things there I've either forgotton or not encountered, especiall in the older versions. Always fun to look/go back to when creativity and the unexpeceted flowed freely.
  • shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    I wish sims could be murdered by eachother

I really wish we could have this too. lol. It would add so much to the game. I mean, you can do it indirectly by poisoning them with pufferfish ngiri, but I wish you could do it more directly and then go to jail for it. Unfortunately, I don't think sims will ever get that dark.

• nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    Death by Flies, if I remember correctly, was also something that could happen in Sims 1 and not just Sims2. In fact, as I recall, it led to enough complaints at one point that the developers (as a Sims Day download) created a fly-eating plant (venus flytrap?) which we could place within a household to take care of the issue.

On a semi-related note with respect to Sims 1, very early on, we also had another form of death which the developers actually removed with the very first patch due to complaints from players at the time (not so much that it necessarily killed sims, but mostly due to the hassle that led to it). When the game first came out, light bulbs in lighting fixtures used to burn out at random. Sims would have to go and change said light bulbs periodically (or call a repair person in to do it for them) and a sim could randomly get electrocuted in the process of doing so (there was a bug at the time that also could cause a repair person to potentially also die from it--the original intent was apparently that as a professional, the repair people NPCs should have not been impacted by this, but as I said, there was a bug where it sometimes was known to happen anyway). Also, sims who supposedly had high enough mechanical skills were supposedly safe from getting electrocuted and the process of changing the bulb supposedly also helped build that skill. However, a number of players felt it was a hassle to have to change the bulbs so often or took something away from the gameplay. The developers either on their own or in response to the complaints or just in agreeing with that camp's thinking rethought the decision to include this "feature" and it was removed in the very early patch.

We also had very early on as a result of an official Sims Day download, an unexpected surprise that could potentially lead to another form of death. Sometime prior to even the announcement of the very first Sims1 expansion pack, we received as a download (for Sims Day) a guinea pig in an aquarium which our sims could interact with. At the time, this was a very big deal as it marked the first time our sims really had a pet of any type in the game. However, it came with the unexpected surprise in the form of the guinea pig potentially biting our sims and our sims getting sick as a result of it (in some cases even dying from it)--which in turn, lead to complaints from players who didn't want to see their sims get sick or dying from it. From what I recall, the developers partly as an in-joke but also I believe as a possible cure included a painting of a guinea pig in a subsequent pack.

With Sims2, I seem to remember that it was more often likely to be the case that death by elevator was more likely to happen if sims were supposedly woohooing in them versus just riding them solo but don't quote me on that. Also, in that installment, a sim could die if they attempted to bargain with the grim reaper over the life of another sim and lost where the grim reaper could potentially take the life of that sim (possibly in exchange for the sim who had just died?).

Additionally, in Sims2, there was a special "reward" object that a sim could purchase if they had enough aspiration points and use on another sim but if their aspiration or mood levels were low, it could potentially backfire and possibly kill a sim in the process.

Also, not sure which Sims game had it (maybe Sims2 or Sims3?), but supposedly it used to be possible for sims to die from spontaneous combustion. I never had anything like that ever happen in my game personally nor would even know what would even trigger such a thing or if it was completely random, but I remember reading about it and that ghosts who resulted from it even had their own color assigned to mark that a sim died from it.

Also, in one of the installments that had a murphy bed, sims could potentially fall victim to having it accidentally fall on them and dying as a result of it.

I'm surprised that while it mentions the poison darts and other trappings with the temples introduced in one of the Sims4 packs, it failed to mention somehow that Sims3 also had poison dart traps in some of the tombs introduced in World Adventures, which sims also had to avoid in the process of exploring as it could just as easily kill them (along with fire traps).

I want to say there were some additional ways not mentioned in the video aside from the more obvious ones we already know about, but am currently drawing a blank at the moment. :blush:
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    wow there were some deaths in that video that I didn't even know of lol
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited May 2020
    wow there were some deaths in that video that I didn't even know of lol

Me too! Makes me want to play Sims 2 again. I didn't know some of those deaths existed. Now, if a Sims 5 could get them all in I might even buy it!

Thanks for this reminder of happy days @simgirl1010
  • 4xel4xel Posts: 34 Member
    > @nolurk said:
    > Also, not sure which Sims game had it (maybe Sims2 or Sims3?), but supposedly it used to be possible for sims to die from spontaneous combustion. I never had anything like that ever happen in my game personally nor would even know what would even trigger such a thing or if it was completely random, but I remember reading about it and that ghosts who resulted from it even had their own color assigned to mark that a sim died from it.

I think it's in sims 3 seasons, from getting too hot
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited May 2020
    @4xel I don't play ts3, so no clue.
  • Sims_fanatic64Sims_fanatic64 Posts: 10 New Member
    @Rosysimmer and @4xel I don't play either, so...
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'd love to see death by flies from Sims 2 return in Sims 5 as well as the fugu nigirizushi from 4.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    edited October 2020
    I wish sims could be murdered by eachother, as well as falling from heights or being swept away by like, a wave in Sulani. Or natural disaster, like a hurricane or a tornado, or even a tsunsmi.

Be a bit...miserably realistic.

It is supposed to be a life Sim, not an end their life Sim ๐Ÿ˜‰

Can Sims get pregnant accidentally? Through WooHoo option, instead of Try for Baby?
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Ooops...guess I missed that memo.
    Screenshot-127_nuke_base2.png
    Screenshot-127_nuke3.png
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    edited October 2020

Ooops...guess I missed that memo.
    Screenshot-127_nuke_base2.png
    Screenshot-127_nuke3.png

See...miserable ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • One day someone will make a life sim game that will be as REALISTIC as we want it to be, one day...
    Imagine the fun!!! IF ONLY SOMEONE WERE TO MAKE ONE!!! :)
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • the_red_simmerthe_red_simmer Posts: 36 Member
    I wonder if there was a world like Sulani in Sims 5 if my Sim could be eaten by a shark ๐Ÿค”
    I wonder if there was a world like Sulani in Sims 5 if my Sim could be eaten by a shark ๐Ÿค”

Probably be too scary...unlike Sims 3, Island Paradise. :D:mrgreen: Sims are good munchies for Sharks in Isla Paradiso.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member

or die from a tsunami wave perhaps. I always wanted a Seasons like pack only with natural disasters added as well. People could turn off natural disaster feature too in settings if they didn't want it.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    honestly as a player i do not see anything funny in that the sims might be a game but as a player i prefer to see sims alive and well and made the choice not to kill any sims and let them live for ever by turning off aging and deth and using a mod to make sims immortal
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i don't remember which sims game but i once had a mom die in a drowning accident thats not the weird part her teen daughter jumped in right after her and also died. i guess she didn't want to be without her mom.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited October 2020
    honestly as a player i do not see anything funny in that the sims might be a game but as a player i prefer to see sims alive and well and made the choice not to kill any sims and let them live for ever by turning off aging and deth and using a mod to make sims immortal

That is usually my preference as well, but I consider it a personal preference: I can also understand the point of view of those who, say, want to turn the Sims (for them) into Grand Theft Auto. Then again, I've never played GTA, tried it on the very first and second edition in the store, and got "busted" or "wasted" (char dead, game over) every time. (This was long before they started giving GTA city names.)

That said, when I want to create a peaceful utopia (if such a thing is even possible), I play Sims. When I want gore, chaos, monsters, I play other games. (Darkest Dungeon, for instance, is a psychological horror game crossed with a dungeon crawler.) Parents who want to keep their kids away from horror games or sex-positive games, should use family controls, monitor their purchases, etc.

On the other hand, it is not much of a stretch to turn a romantic game into something of a much more mature nature...since one thing tends to lead to another. That said, addictions can take many forms. Also, there is also the matter of religious preferences...many people I notice tend to be on the side of turning a game into something religious, or on the opposite side of turning it into something more "adult". Games like the Sims should take as neutral a position as possible, on the level that a teenager can (or should) understand.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • AquariusMomAquariusMom Posts: 229 Member
    edited October 2020

Can Sims get pregnant accidentally? Through WooHoo option, instead of Try for Baby?

@Alwe1507 Oh, it can happen in situations, trust me.

My male sims tend to get pregnant during alien abductions (happened on at least 2 separate occasions with 2 different sims). The first time it happened it was at the worst possible moment, when my female sim had just gotten pregnant herself, and then he was abducted that night. They both literally gave birth like a day apart. Only, the male gave birth to twins which was a kicker. I dislike playing children to begin with so having that many in the house at once was devastating for me. I would have given anything in the world (other than a mod, because I break my game every time I try them) for the option that time. LOL
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I wish they had made more out of colds and sickness with GTW. That looked neat.

Didn't notice pool deaths.
  • notthatbellagothnotthatbellagoth Posts: 20 Member
    I still find the guinea pig sickness the most anxiety inducing thing to this day.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited October 2020
    Back to unique deaths. I just had a young adult male dying from embarrasement. I hope this is the English word for it, when they are embarrased. I really didn't think they could die from that. And once I had another sim dying of a broken heart.