Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone used Kawaiistacie's 'Explore Mod'?

Just wondering how much it impacts on general gameplay, if it conflicts with MCCC or UI Cheats extension, that sort of thing.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2019
    I have no idea what “Freetime” is or does. Other than that, it’s ok I guess? I often times forget that I even have it installed to tell you the truth. I really only go to it if I’m bored or just want to get a Sim out of the house for a bit. In a way, it’s similar to the social feature from LittleMsSam which added a bunch of rabbit-hole locations to send your Sims. I find myself using that more because of how it links up with holidays.

And I use MCCC and UI Cheats as well so no conflict that I’ve noticed.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I have no idea what “Freetime” is or does. Other than that, it’s ok I guess? I often times forget that I even have it installed to tell you the truth. I really only go to it if I’m bored or just want to get a Sim out of the house for a bit. In a way, it’s similar to the social feature from LittleMsSam which added a bunch of rabbit-hole locations to send your Sims. I find myself using that more because of how it links up with holidays.

OK, thanks, good to know. What's the LittleMsSam mod? I have a bunch of theirs already and they always seem to work well.

OK, thanks, good to know. What's the LittleMsSam mod? I have a bunch of theirs already and they always seem to work well.

Yep! I love that she’s constantly adding new mods but also pretty quick to update and add to current ones.

It’s called “Social Activities” - link: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175408773833/social-activities-visit-friends-family-and

Yep! I love that she’s constantly adding new mods but also pretty quick to update and add to current ones.

It’s called “Social Activities” - link: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175408773833/social-activities-visit-friends-family-and

Awesome, thank you!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Exploring costs money
    Most options cost money so if you have no money or the amount it requires it will tell you that can't afford it. So don't gamble all your money away.

EXPLORE WITH
    You can now travel with other sims using the new "Explore With" menu. You will be able to build relationships with them while away.

Classes (for Teens+):
    Take classes
    Your sims will be able to take classes to help increase skills needed. Here are the following classes available with this version:

- Baking

- Confidence

- Dance

- Gourmet cooking

- Home-style cooking

- Photography

- Yoga

- Guitar (V2)

- Painting (V2)

- Gardening (V3)

- Skating (V3)

- Handiness (V3)

Shopping
    Go Shopping
    Your sims will be able to go outfit shopping. They will return home with a new outfit.

- Shop for Everyday outfit

- Shop for Formal outfit

- Shop for Swimwear

- Shop for Pajamas

- Shop for Summer

- Shop for Winter

Services

- Birth control shot

- Go see a doctor - cures get together sicknesses

- Get a massage

- Get different types of surgery

- Get a weight loss trainer

- Talk to a therapist - removes bad mood buffs

- Go to dentist (V2)

- Get henna tattoos (V2)

- Nail salon - more nail colors (V2)

- Go get Makeup done - more makeup styles (V2)

- Go to the dermatologist - comes back with smooth skin (V3)

- Go to couples therapy - explore with menu (V3)

Make Money

You will be able to make money by working at a temporary service job with no commitment. You will also be able to gamble which is a new skill added to the game!

- Work at a temp service (different hours)

- Gamble (different options)

- Faster gamble skill increases (V2)

- Lose less money the higher the gamble skill is (V2)

SOCIAL INTERACTIONS
    There are now social interactions involving the explore mod! They are basic friendly interactions that any sim can do.

- Ask for gambling money

- Talk about vacation

- Talk about exploring

- Talk about classes

DATES
    Your sims can now go on dates which can go good or go completely bad. Here are the following places you can go on dates:

- Go on a roller rink date (V3)

- Go on a movie date (V3)

- Go on a date to the zoo (V3)

- Go on a dinner date (V3)

"Fun Stuff"
    Arcade

- Comedy club

- Fishing

- Go out to eat

- Bowling

- Gym

- Haunted House

- Get icecream

- Karaoke

- Movie

- Zoo

- Playground

- Toy store - kids will buy a toy, candy, or both. (Fixed V4)

- Japanese hot springs (V2)

- Go to the farmers market - comes back with farming items (V3)

- Go Trick or Treating - Comes back with candy (V4)

Vacations (1 day):

This option allows sims to go on a "1 day vacation" to any option that you choose. Make sure you take a sick or vacation day before you go if you have school or work!

- Go to Jurassic Park (V2)

- Go to the beach (V2)

- Go on a cruise (V2)

- Go to Disney World (V2)

Take Out
    Don't feel like cooking or don't know how to cook? You can now Let your sims go get takeout!

- Go get cheese pizza (V3)

- Go get pepperoni pizza (V3)

- Go get cake (V3)

- Go get donuts (V3)

- Go get hamburgers (V3)

- Go get hotdogs (V3)

- Get Family Mealkits - vegetarian/non-vegetarian options (V4)

One school option:
    Study at Libarary

Miss Sam's "Social Actives

(Visit Friends, Family and more)
    This Mod adds Social Activities for your Sims to go to!

This Mod adds a new Social Activities Menu to Sims Phones.

There you’ll find several Social Activities you can send your Sims to. You can go alone or take Household Members with you to visit some Friends for example.

Category Social Activities

Visit Friends (with Pets allowed)
    This lets your Sims visit Friends of their own Age only. They will be gone between 120-180 Minutes. While they are away their Fun & Social Needs will fill up. If your Kids/Teens still have Homework to do (Including Extra Credits) they will do their Homework with their Friends. Visiting Friends will also build up Friendships!
    Visit Family (with Pets allowed)
    This will let your Sims be able to Visit Family Members of any Age who don’t live in the same Household anymore. They can go alone or take other Household Members with them. Visiting Family Members will fill up Fun & Social Needs as well as Friendship.
    Visit Acquaintances (with Pets allowed)
    This lets your Sims visit Acquaintances (which also includes Family Members, Friends) of all Ages. They will be gone between 120-180 Minutes. While they are away their Fun & Social Needs will fill up.
    Visit Crush (“First Love” Mod needed)
    If you have my “First Love” Mod your Sims Children can go and visit their Crush. They will be gone between 120-180 Minutes. While they are away their Fun & Social Needs will fill up. If your Kids still have Homework to do (Including Extra Credits) they will do their Homework with their Crush. Spending Time with their Crush will build up the “First Love Relationship” as well as Friendship.
    Go on a Date
    This lets your Sims go on a Date. You can choose a Sim from your Household or other Households. They will be gone between 120-180 Minutes. While they are away their Fun, Social Needs & Hunger will fill up. Going on a Date will also build up Romance. Sometimes Sims will even have a Woohoo while they are away.
    Category Activities for Toddlers

Send to Daycare (Costs 10 $ per hrs & Sim)
    This will let your Sims (Parents & Caregiver) send Toddlers to the Daycare. You can send them there for 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 hrs. While Toddlers are away their Fun, Social Needs, Bladder & Hunger will fill up. They’ll also build up all 5 Skills while being away.
    Category Activities for Pets

Send to Pet Sitter (Costs 10 $ per hrs & Pet)
    This will let your Sims (Teen and above) send Pets to the Pet Sitter. They will stay there up to 4, 8, 12, 24 hrs. While Pets are away their Affection & Play, Bladder & Bowel Needs as well as Hunger & Hygiene will fill up. You can call them back earlier via the Phone “Call back from Pet Sitter”. Sometimes it seems that Pets can get Stuck in the Rabbithole. So i added the Petsitter Call back Interaction whenever a Pet is in a Social Activity so you can bring them back this way.
    Send to/Go to Dog Trainer (Costs 100 $ per Pet)
    Each time your Pets go to the Dog Trainer they will learn a new Command. When your Sims decide to go with their Pets they will build up their Training Skill as well.
    Category Vacations

Mini Vacation (with Pets allowed)
    Send your Parents and younger Siblings on a Mini Vacation and have the House for Yourself to throw a Party

Duration 48 hrs – mind Age: Toddler

Motives:
    All

Skills:
    Wellness
    Photography
    Charisma
    Child Social
    All Toddler Skills

Important Info: Make sure that your Sims don’t have Work or School for the time you want them to go away or they’ll miss School/Work.

I tried to get the on Vacation Interaction to be saved so i made a small Workaround which works for 80-90%. When you send some Household Sims away ususally traveling was not possible. No you can travel with Sims who stayed at home and when you come back on the Lot the Sims on Vacation will still be away. It won’t work if you send Toddlers/Pets alone away and leave the lot. The Game does not like that so this will not work for them. If you send them with Teens & above away it should work. Known Issues: Sometimes the “Workaround” is visible. This means the Game will spawn the Sim on the Lot and you will see them for a moment before they are on Vacation again.

Honeymoon
    For married Sims only

Duration 24 hrs – mind Age: Teen

Motives:
    All

Skills:
    Wellness
    Photography
    Charisma

Important Info: Make sure that your Sims don’t have Work for the time you want them to go away or they’ll miss Work. You can’t leave the Lot with the remaining Sims or the Sims will come back earlier. Restarting the Game or going into CAS will reset the Timer and the 24hrs will start over.

I tried to get the on Vacation Interaction to be saved so i made a small Workaround which works for 80-90%. When you send some Household Sims away ususally traveling was not possible. No you can travel with Sims who stayed at home and when you come back on the Lot the Sims on Vacation will still be away. It won’t work if you send Toddlers/Pets alone away and leave the lot. The Game does not like that so this will not work for them. If you send them with Teens & above away it should work. Known Issues: Sometimes the “Workaround” is visible. This means the Game will spawn the Sim on the Lot and you will see them for a moment before they are on Vacation again.

Category Other Activities

Hiking Trip (with Pets allowed)
    Duration 180-240 min – mind Age: Toddler

Motives:
    Fun
    Social
    Hunger
    PlantSim Water
    Vampire Thirst
    Toddler Attention

Skills:
    Fitness
    Climbing
    Gardening
    Fishing
    Photography
    Herbalism
    Charisma
    Child Social
    Child Motor
    Toddler Movement
    Toddler Communication

Extra: Small Chance to find Items

Music Concert (Costs 80 $ per Hour & Sim)
    Duration 150-240 min – mind Age: Child

Motives:
    Fun
    Social
    Hunger
    PlantSim_Water
    Vampire Thirst
    Bladder

Skills:
    Violin
    Guitar
    Piano
    DJMixing
    Dancing
    Singing
    PipeOrgan
    Charisma
    Child Social
    Child Creativity

Circus (Costs 15 $ per Hour & Sim)
    Duration 120-180 min – mind Age: Toddler

Motives:
    Fun
    Social
    Hunger
    PlantSim_Water
    Vampire Thirst
    Bladder
    Hygiene
    Toddler Attention

Skills:
    Charisma
    Comedy
    Child Social
    Toddler Imagination
    Toddler Communication

Cooking Competition
    Duration 150-210 min – mind Age: Teen

Motives:
    Fun
    Social
    Hunger
    PlantSim_Water
    Vampire Thirst
    Bladder
    Hygiene

Skills:
    Baking
    Bartending
    GourmetCooking
    HomestyleCooking
    Herbalism
    Charisma

Extra: Chance to Win 1st (5.000$), 2nd (2.500$) or 3rd (500$) Price

Art Exhibition

Motives:
    Fun
    Social
    Bladder
    Toddler Attention

Skills:
    Painting
    Handiness
    Photography
    Charisma
    Child Social
    Child Creativity
    Toddler Imagination
    Toddler Movement
    Toddler Communication

Read and Meet Book Group

Motives:
    Fun
    Social
    Bladder
    Toddler Attention

Skills:
    Charisma
    Writing
    Child Creativity
    Child Social
    Toddler Imagination
    Toddler Communication

Museum of Technology (Costs 10 $ per Hour & Sim)
    Duration 120-150 min – mind Age: Toddler

Motives:
    Fun
    Social
    Bladder
    Toddler Attention

Skills:
    Programming
    RocketScience
    Handiness
    Logic
    Child Mental
    Toddler Thinking
    Toddler Movement

Go to Church
    Duration 120 min – mind Age: Toddler

Motives:
    Fun
    Social
    Toddler Attention

Skills:
    Charisma
    Social (Child)
    All Toddler Skills
    Responsibility (Teens/Kids

(my question is can they work together)
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited March 2019
    @MadameLee yes I have them both installed in my game and they both work fine. I just personally find myself using the social activities mod from Sam because of how they intertwine with holidays.

For example, I created a “Work Out” holiday. On this day, I can add the “Hiking Trip” from this mod as a holiday tradition along with exercise, do yoga, etc. So that’s why I like it and what I use it for.

Another example, on Thanksgiving, I added a “Visit Family” holiday tradition from this mod. So I like that you could just click on the phone in general to send your Sims to these rabbit-holes but I like the idea of it working well with Seasons and holidays.

For the Explore Mod, sure it works. You can send your Sim for food or on vacation or to come back with muscles after they’ve had plastic surgery lol so that’s why I have both of the mods... for the off chance that I desire to do one of those things on a whim. But I use Sam’s for everyday use because I’ve added the activities to my holidays.
    Thanks for all the detail @MadameLee. I haven't had time to go in-game yet, but this weekend I'm going to try out both this one and the LittleMsSam mod that @Chazzzy mentioned.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    No, it doesn't really affect the game. You can only travel to the places it adds if you pay the $50 to get a "drivers license", but you can still go and do everything else. I don't use any of the mods you mentioned up there so I wouldn't know about conflict, but I have a ton of mods right now and it runs perfectly. No, it's more of a side thing that makes the game feel more interesting. No need to worry about it taking over your game.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• canticanti Posts: 2 New Member
    got a job gambler and when I open a career the buttons do not work, everything, even the menu. and the career window itself is buggy with a flying slider and question marks. help pls
  • canticanti Posts: 2 New Member
    Ah, this is a different mod. sorry
  • LiisaShearerLiisaShearer Posts: 1 New Member
    Anyone else have the issue when downloading the explore mod , the explore option shows but only says (try for license 75$) ? I went on the older website of kawaiistacies and all the options showed up but I couldn’t interact with any new sims .. just sims my sims knew already !? Anyone else have/had this issue and know how to solve it? Thanks !
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    edited October 2019
    Anyone else have the issue when downloading the explore mod , the explore option shows but only says (try for license 75$) ? I went on the older website of kawaiistacies and all the options showed up but I couldn’t interact with any new sims .. just sims my sims knew already !? Anyone else have/had this issue and know how to solve it? Thanks !

It looks like the most recent version of this mod that fixes those issues is currently locked on her patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/september-update-29808031
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i love it. i just recently started using it.
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member

I know that in newer versions then your sims can't access any of the options until they've first gone and got their licence (or bus pass if they're a child). So you have to do that first, and then all of the options should appear. I'm not sure about interacting with new sims tho I'm afraid :/
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think I might prefer social activities by LittleMsSam more just because my sims can do activities with sims not present in the current household. The explorer mod only lets my sims travel with members of the household which I find a bit limiting if say I'd like my teenager to go somewhere with his/her friends.