Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show me your Sims 3 pop art!

ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
I was looking at pop art earlier and thought, hey, I could do that with Sims 3! This is my first attempt and all you professional and/or gifted artists out there, please don't diss me. :lol: If you'd like to give it a try it's fun and I'd love to see your results!

x0DvwkQ.jpg
Post edited by ZeeGee on

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    How do you make pop art?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 I took a photo in Sims, then color graded and added filters with Gimp, which is a free Photoshop-like program. It does all kinds of cool things. Googling 'pop art' will give you an idea of where to start with your original photo and the art style. I'll post better directions and my original picture later. :)

@Mikezumi Thank you! :kiss:
  • Options
    This is the original picture:
    eOC4Z8n.jpg

I cropped it, used a color tool to color grade it then added one of the cartoon filters and another one that I don't remember. I'm actually doing this as an art work project for my house! Yeah, those dots have to go. I'm going to change that to a pastel.

This is the look I'm going for except with sims instead of real peeps:
    vQyj989.jpg

And here is the link to gimp:
    https://www.gimp.org/

Anyone game?!
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @ZeeGee I'm working today and tomorrow but will try over the weekend. It looks like fun. Now, which Sim to experiment with! :lol:
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    So cool!
    Here's an oldie - Derek:

derek-popart.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Fun thread!

Here's a Roaring Twenties Art Deco pic!

lxJgD7m.jpg
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    @bekkasan May I suggest your simself?! Look forward to seeing your creation whatever sim you use. :love:

@jillbg That's amazing! And Derek is gorgeous.
  • Options
    @Cororon Thank you! And such pretty girls! Very 'Roaring Heights' :)
  • Options
    Another one. This has even more of a pop art feel I think, though I think I like the first one better. Not sure.

sXhVIP3.png
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Okay~ Just made it. :mrgreen::cookie:

7MGdbhB.png
  • Options
    @Rflong7 I LOVE IT!! How awesome. Especially Mrs. Crumplebottom plumbob!
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    I worked on this for, frankly, an absurd amount of time. Unfortunately, my Huion Kamvas 13 isn't here, so wobbly mouse drawing it it. :lol:

6JvxDBO.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @ZeeGee I definitely prefer your second attempt.
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Fun thread! :smile:
    I spent too much time doing this and my drawing skills with a mouse are terrible but it was still a lot of fun :lol:
    Screenshot-93-2.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited May 2020
    @coco that looks like a lot of hard work but it was worth it. I love what you've done. And it's good to see you posting as I haven't seen you around for ages.

@Emily4331 I missed seeing your picture - it looks great too.
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @Karritz Thank you I'm happy that you like it. I can easily waste half the day playing around on Photoshop. I haven't been posting much this year because of work stuff but things are different now and I'm trying to get back into the swing of it :smile:

Here's another picture.
    TS3-W-2020-02-14-23-02-03-45-3.png
  • Options
    @coco Out here always upstaging me! :tongue: Those look awesome!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Am I the only one who keeps getting images of Milton the Toaster in his head whenever he sees this thread has been posted to?

Igazor, it might be time to have your glasses checked again... :angry:

Yes, that's probably true.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    I don't know why my brain keeps telling me, "hey, you know what'd be a great thing to do when you have no working drawing tablet? LINE ART!" but here we are. :lol:

aH6BVIJ.png

@igazor Time for the thread, "Show me your Sims 3 Pop-Tarts!" :tongue: Now I really wish I hadn't passed up the Wild Berry Pop-Tarts at the grocery store this week. :(

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    I worked on this for, frankly, an absurd amount of time. Unfortunately, my Huion Kamvas 13 isn't here, so wobbly mouse drawing it it. :lol:

@Emily4331 I don't know what the thing is that isn't there but that is stunning! I love the texture you used on her face and clothes and she is beautiful, of course, as are all your sims.

@coco
    Those are so cool! Love the textures and the speech bubbles with sims icons of what they're thinking! True sims pop art. I think your drawing skills are awesome. And both the sims are gorgeous but wow, that dude! Sim crush.

@igazor Finally I stopped craving cinnamon rolls and now you've got me craving pop tarts. I'm not going to be able to fit into my clothes when I'm finally allowed out of the house. :) And love that web page, it's pop tart pop art. :lol:

ETA: @Emily4331 Just noticed the last one! Your line art is awesome and love that pic.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @ZeeGee i used Gp years ago to get a picture for CAW :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Flame, those who follow my story will meet her in the next chapter. :smiley: or the one after. :lol: I took a few liberties with a picture I took last night. It's a little dark for pop art after I googled it, but, I like it. I'm not very good at playing with paintbrushes and making it blend. :open_mouth:
    49850407106_dbc6157271_o.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan She's gorgeous! And I love the red and black contrast. :)