Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your first family ever made?

Mine was the characters from Pokemon in The Sims 1. Or it was supposed to be. Didn't really look like them. How about yours?
My blog full of things that never get finished!
XVlamuQ.png
Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.

Comments

• DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    A mixed bag of 8 dudes in TS1, one of which was Sherlock Holmes. I knew absolutely nothing of the game...
    The first sim I still use to this day is a businesswoman, back in TS3.
  • prettyprettyplumbobprettyprettyplumbob Posts: 183 Member
    I sadly can't remember any of my sims 1 or sims 2 sims! I know I played legacies on the sims 2, but I just can't recall....
    My first family on TS4 was a doctor and a gardener who had triplets... but then the file got deleted and I was to heartbroken to ever remake the family.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    In TS1 mostly solo sims other than Goths & Newbies. Memories rather vague. TS2 cobbled together a foursome of two parents, their teen daughter, and wife's mom. That was good for a year or so until I made my 'go to' set of characters that I still use these many years later in various combinations.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    edited April 2020
    Wow, I can’t really remember what the very first Sim I ever created was. It would have been on a console though. As for Sims 3, it was a human version of Karen Starr/Power Girl from DC Comics. She was a housekeeper for the Landgraabs. Can’t remember for 4 as I didn’t play it much.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited April 2020
    The first couple I tried were my simself and my wife. Had no frikkin’ idea how to use the sliders back then.
    Screenshot-7.jpg

Now my first family was River & Haruo.
    Screenshot-2.jpg
    My original legacy. (River to far left; white skirt, the River clone is her daughter with Haruo, Alanna. No she’s not a copy, River actually gave birth to her)
    Screenshot-29.jpg
    Screenshot-22.jpg
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    Yes she was a teen when I noticed Alanna’s exceeding resemblance to her mother. But as you can tell she has brown eyes - taking after Daddy.

Then I rebooted it so that my sim didn’t look like a carbon copy of the Simpsons in skin color.

Screenshot-4.jpg
    You’ll see this portrait a lot.

So all in all, I enjoy playing families...

When I’m not trying to psychotically wipe out the town with meteors.
    Screenshot-85.jpg
    I could say that meteors were taken out of the Sims 4 because of my playing habits but that wouldn’t be true. Unfortunately you Sims 4 players lost your capacity to cause cataclysmic cosmic disruptions in your sims lives long before I came on the Sims scene.

*hint hint* Sims developers :smirk: could you please bring back meteors in Sims 5. 😈
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • timiina3timiina3 Posts: 16 New Member
    my first family was in the sims 2 and it was my family! my dad, my mom and i!
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    When I had gone through the "learn to play" in The Sims 1, I started up with some of the premades. Goth family died in a kitchen fire, and I deleted the other premades. Then I started from "scratch" with Edens garden, Adam and Eve and my beautiful angel Aziraphale, guarding the holy apple tree and the gate to the garden with his flaming sword.
    He has been with me ever since. Here he is in The Sims 4.
    xRZYDfX.jpg
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Mine was the Forresters in ts4, in around like 2016. They lived in the Parkshore lot in Willow Creek, but it was edited a lot....and not in a good way.. Ugh....
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I have zero memory of my first family in previous versions... but my first Sims 4 family I still play. Stay-at-home dad, best-selling novelist wife, live on Sulani. They have 9 kids and a couple of foster children through a mod. (3 of kids are grown and moved out. 5 of the kids are biological and 4 are adopted. All their bio kids have been girls but 3/4 adopted kids were boys and foster kids they currently have one of each but they have had about 8 others in the past that they found other adoptive parents for eventually)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    The "Rickford" family. Based on a story that I wrote in High School about a couple of students that encountered an old vampire. Three students turned themselves into vampires and three other students escaped. I created those three students that escaped in the sims4.

That was back in 2014, I had never played a sims game before so it was a pretty good family to start with, I explored the game with three sims that tried to get back into a normal life. Not unlike when I played the game for the first time and I was trying to figure out things. It also helped me to create other sims in the game because those sims were based on characters from my old story.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    My first ever sims family was a grumpy old man and a ghost child (Sims 3). My idea was that the old man lived alone and was haunted by the ghost. But I didn't know anything about how Sims games worked, so I was taken totally by surprise when the ghost child had to do stuff like eat, sleep, and go to school! :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Oh goodness, I really can't remember my very first created sim. Its been 20 years. After the Newbies, I think I played Roomies and Bachelor, before I made my own sims. They are all long gone, since I don't have any of the old files anymore. I kept all CC and programs, but not gamefiles, sadly.