Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The world is changing. Do you think TS5 will reflect that?

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2020
    KayeStar wrote: »
    This effort is already wasted. News has already come out that some numbers have been falsified because of deaths unrelated to virus (the patient had the virus at the time, but the virus was not the cause of death) or doctors mistreating patients (intubation) and those patients dying of said mistreatment. And that's not counting the people with non-COVID illnesses that are life-threatening, but are struggling to get treatment because of the heavy focus on COVID patients.
    There are over 30 different strains of it. So yes the virus can be combined with other illnesses too. Why I was scared not just for myself fighting a virus but my sister and brother in-law who were fighting strep throat catching COVID on top of it. Not all news is true. I mean only recently it was said people should inject themselves with disinfectant to fight COVID. That has me worried is people will believe the news over real health authorities especially since I have worked for Department of Human Services myself. It means someone's life staying home unless you need to for an important medical or supply emergency and if that means having to play more Sims, so be it. So yes if someone has virus or some other illness it means someone's life staying home and protecting others from those illness whether it is COVID or something else. It means that those nurses and doctors who have had to treat COVID are able to treat other patients by people staying home. Even at home you do need to be careful and sometimes helps putting a face to it and shows even the young and healthy can catch it:
    https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2020-04-06/pink-coronavirus-son-symptoms

But anyway the Sims 4 technically does have something from Jungle Adventures that will kill a Sim within a few days with poison. I am sure if someone does want to make a machinima used as an educational tool about the prevention with the virus, it is possible to do now with that pack. Have that pack with Get To Work and it could work out really well.

More about that pack:
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/jungleadventure/poison.php
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • CBookCBook Posts: 87 Member
    You realize this will all be done by the time Sims 5 comes out?
    Sims are Lit
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Huh? At parties, Sims already do push-ups 15 feet away from other Sims. They scamper away to the computer when visiting for dinner. They dance far apart and don’t even look at each other. Like how much worse do you want it to be?
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    This effort is already wasted. News has already come out that some numbers have been falsified because of deaths unrelated to virus (the patient had the virus at the time, but the virus was not the cause of death) or doctors mistreating patients (intubation) and those patients dying of said mistreatment. And that's not counting the people with non-COVID illnesses that are life-threatening, but are struggling to get treatment because of the heavy focus on COVID patients.
    There are over 30 different strains of it. So yes the virus can be combined with other illnesses too. Why I was scared not just for myself fighting a virus but my sister and brother in-law who were fighting strep throat catching COVID on top of it. Not all news is true. I mean only recently it was said people should inject themselves with disinfectant to fight COVID. That has me worried is people will believe the news over real health authorities especially since I have worked for Department of Human Services myself. It means someone's life staying home unless you need to for an important medical or supply emergency and if that means having to play more Sims, so be it. So yes if someone has virus or some other illness it means someone's life staying home and protecting others from those illness whether it is COVID or something else. It means that those nurses and doctors who have had to treat COVID are able to treat other patients by people staying home. Even at home you do need to be careful and sometimes helps putting a face to it and shows even the young and healthy can catch it:
    https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2020-04-06/pink-coronavirus-son-symptoms
    You do know obesity is a factor in the "young and healthy", right?

I'm of the opinion if you're sick, you deserve medical attention, and the fact you won't drop dead within the next fifteen seconds without it doesn't make you less deserving.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
    edited April 2020
    You do know obesity is a factor in the "young and healthy", right?

I'm of the opinion if you're sick, you deserve medical attention, and the fact you won't drop dead within the next fifteen seconds without it doesn't make you less deserving.
    Ouch harsh. Our Sims have shown us that it is possible to work out at home. I have been doing fine working out with Just Dance. I should add some pilates too, but honestly feeling great having more free time to work out and less commute time. I got a stretch band too. So yeah at least being immune compromised I am used to alternative workout methods.

My aunt knew a 7 year old that died from it without having any of the factors. She had pneumonia COVID strain and died within a couple days. So yes being someone with a compromised immune system, a dad having cancer, and a mom having heart issues, yes if someone at the store isn't wearing a mask because of protesting medical precautions it could be fatal to any of us. I wouldn't wish death upon anyone healthy or unhealthy, young or old.

Yes I do know things like depression can be more fatal since I just lost a friend I knew since I was younger who was killed by her daughter because of it being untreated.

This is the video that plays on my news everyday. So yes my state is taking it seriously and why our death tolls are lower than other states.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=o8Fapc0aDaQ&feature=emb_logo

I just don't understand how people aren't ok with killing their Sims but are ok with risking another living and breathing human being. Something wrong with that logic. Not pointing any fingers just an observance I've seen in the public how gullible people are with believing Twitter over real health experts trained in this field. It is like the "cure pill" that ended up killing someone. https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/man-dies-after-ingesting-chloroquine-attempt-prevent-coronavirus-n1167166 This self medicating people are doing after viewing the news has been harmful.

Everyone deserves medical treatments and yes this virus doesn't pick and choose. Thankfully it is allowed for non-emergency medical appointments are allowed now where I live because teeth health is important too.

Anyway thanks for making me giggle @popstarissa. Even the woohoo is social distance safe. XD

One video I would recommend with its lyrics and dance moves is from one of my favorite bands Paramore, so something like this is good both for mood and health:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL6UKhr4b84
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    They flat out won't put burglars in the game because it's "Triggering" to people.

This was debunked years ago. They aren't there because they aren't. Period.

Edit: Here's the tweet for proof.

Edit 2: Another tweet:

That sort of makes it worse that they did not put it back in the game...LOL
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Just wondering.
    No gatherings larger than 10 people? Masks and gloves? All social interaction is online. Social distant sims? 6 feet apart.
    I mean they can't really do this game like it used to be. We don't want to be reminded of how the world used to be, when we are stuck at home for who knows how long. Too scared to go out.
    TS5 new death, gather with 20 sims or more.
    I think the Sims games will change with the times ... we are about to suffer.
    No jobs going out unless its essential. No restaurants. No movies. No parties. No holidays. No black Friday....
    If the world changes, then The Sims have to change with the world. Make it so, EA.

None of these things are permanent .
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    No, this situation is temporary and I don't think TS5 will be realeased before 2022 at least.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I don't think TS5 will reflect anything that's happening now. Someone will probably mod it in if you really want. In TS3, there's an NRAAS mod called Vector, that can create all sorts of medical pandemics (including zombie ones!).

• j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I think OP was being facetious lol, we all know it's not always going to be this extreme, just poking fun about it is good.

The world IS going to change somewhat, though, and I don't doubt some of those changes will become such a seamless part of our new normal that, yeah, it could bleed into the game. Sims can make a living as influencers now, after all.

@Scobre I hear you. I live with an aunt who has an autoimmune disease. Every trip I make to the grocery store makes me nervous for her.

I would probably be fine, but I'm taking precautions for people like them and so that we can get this whole mess over with as soon as possible and start readjusting before the year is over.

(It probably does vary in every country, but she needs to go to the hospital this week to get her treatment and thankfully where I live it's been no issue at all getting access to it.)

It took my best friend getting it for it to really dawn on me. She could barely get out of bed and she would call me saying she was afraid she would have trouble breathing. It was frightening. Luckily, not only did she get better, but the neighbors were really cool and would leave food outside her door every day.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    j1z1 wrote: »
    I think OP was being facetious lol, we all know it's not always going to be this extreme, just poking fun about it is good.

The world IS going to change somewhat, though, and I don't doubt some of those changes will become such a seamless part of our new normal that, yeah, it could bleed into the game. Sims can make a living as influencers now, after all.

@Scobre I hear you. I live with an aunt who has an autoimmune disease. Every trip I make to the grocery store makes me nervous for her.

I would probably be fine, but I'm taking precautions for people like them and so that we can get this whole mess over with as soon as possible and start readjusting before the year is over.

(It probably does vary in every country, but she needs to go to the hospital this week to get her treatment and thankfully where I live it's been no issue at all getting access to it.)

It took my best friend getting it for it to really dawn on me. She could barely get out of bed and she would call me saying she was afraid she would have trouble breathing. It was frightening. Luckily, not only did she get better, but the neighbors were really cool and would leave food outside her door every day.

My brother and sister both live in NYC. My brother received notice that someone in his apartment building has it, though we don't know who. He was just notified so that he can take extra precautions.

My sister's apartment custodian which we all knew well just died of COVID-19 this week! His wife is still in the hospital, but we don't know whether she'll recover or not. :'(

I'm fortunate that my parents moved away from there several years earlier, but we still take precautions and have them wear face masks when they go out anyway.

j1z1 wrote: »

Yeah events like this do change. World has never been the same since 9/11. It does make me think Sims 4 was designed to be a coronavirus game before its time. Sims that have mostly indoor activities and don't care if they interact with other Sims or not and the social interactions are very distant and Sims are happiest on their phones and computer.

Yeah my mom has diabetes too, so when I go shopping for her, have to make sure her food is healthy too and with my dad's cancer, have to get organic if I can find it. Only grocery store that didn't give me anxiety shopping at was Trader Joes. I just feel bad for a lot of the workers because companies aren't enforcing safety precautions with their workers. That is very commendable of you to take care of your aunt. I hope that her treatment goes well. My dad just had his cancer treatment again, so poor guy is in a lot of pain and still having to support two families. I am so glad your friend got better. My neighbors have been super friendly too and have offered to shop for us a few times and offered toilet paper. So yes I am worried what would happen if my dad does lose his job, but thankfully I have a really good group of people through my beliefs that check up on us through voice chat and make sure we have enough money and food. I know that somehow I will get through this with my family and friends. I'm a survivor. I mean I was told by doctors I would die with my surgery I had five years ago and I am still here. If I don't make it well I've cheated death enough in my life and made such positive friendships and achieved some amazing goals. Oh plus I do try to be careful with my pets too. I worry more about them than myself. My service dog has been such a joy to have during this time.
  • KaylaxCapersKaylaxCapers Posts: 69 Member
    I'm not sure about The Sims 5 reflecting any of the situation as it is in the world now, but like with seasons pack - I love that the Sims are affected by environmental factors and that you have to adapt at those times to survive. I don't think it would be as enjoyable to make it like a complete survival type thing (we have plenty of those types of games!), but games like Cities Skylines have DLC where there are actual natural disasters and such, which would be pretty cool as a pack. As a base game, it's just a bit of simple simulation fun; the packs add in the levels of complexity you as the individual simmer want and the type of lifestyle you want for your sims. I for one, am glad to be living through my sims at present :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I hope they would not adapt any of this into the game. The world will go back to normal as peoples' own immune systems build up immunity to this, like we have done for thousands of years. If I never step out of a bubble since the day of my birth I'm going to get catch and or get sick or die from never being exposed to everything on this earth.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I don't think there's any reason these would come to The Sims. The Sims has always been a fantasy world free of a lot of the problems we deal with IRL, like there is no racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, murder, etc.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I don't want ts5 to show our world irl. It makes me sad to hear about our world irl, so in ts5 it would be too much.
    edited April 2020
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    I don't think there's any reason these would come to The Sims. The Sims has always been a fantasy world free of a lot of the problems we deal with IRL, like there is no racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, murder, etc.
    There is racism and sexism and ageism in the game and murder. Makeup and clothing is heavily catered towards white Sims and female young adults. Plus Sims are heavily hateful towards supernatural Sims. And murder, well I'm a deviant, may take longer, but still possible to do and Sims stream Timmy murdered a lot of Sims. Homeophobia, racism, and transphobia I have seen a lot of within the Sims community too.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    There is racism and sexism and ageism in the game and murder. Makeup and clothing is heavily catered towards white Sims and female young adults. Plus Sims are heavily hateful towards supernatural Sims. And murder, well I'm a deviant, may take longer, but still possible to do and Sims stream Timmy murdered a lot of Sims. Homeophobia, racism, and transphobia I have seen a lot of within the Sims community too.

Are these actually reflected by the NPCs in the game itself, or are you simply projecting your views/feelings onto the game?
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member

Are these actually reflected by the NPCs in the game itself, or are you simply projecting your views/feelings onto the game?

Sims 3 lore says that sims find occults creepy and hate them in general. But other than that there's nothing else that's actually reflected in the game.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited April 2020

Sims 3 lore says that sims find occults creepy and hate them in general. But other than that there's nothing else that's actually reflected in the game.

Yea I've seen that, lots of Sims seem to really despise Aliens and are indifferent regarding Servos/Mermaid/Sepllcasters/Vampires (unless forced to submit). Like it's a family game, the devs do not want to put anything too triggering into a multi-million dollar franchise. And murder? The devs have outright stated that outside of the several unique in-game deaths, there will never be any outright murdering of sims. I'm wondering if certain devs decisions/tweets are being projected onto the game itself on a meta-level, either that or it's a certain simmer's headcanon or modding choices that is being projected onto the sims, as though these elements were already in the game all along.
    Post edited by AedanStarfang on
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2020

You have some interesting views. I'm wondering how makeup and clothes are ' heavily catered towards white Sims' in the TS4. As if blacks don't wear certain eyeshadows? or mini skirts? Or certain colors of fabric?

Supernaturals don't exist in real life, I can hardly say the game is racist against a life form that isn't even real. I think it reflects how most of the world would be afraid of an alien being if they ran in to one. Here to befriend me or eat me.

No, there is no murder in any of the games, none.. Period. You killing a Sim isn't the same as a Sim killing a Sim.

But as far as the world going back to normal... AIDs didn't stop people from getting together. And you guys seem to think there won't be a cure nor a vaccine. As if we didn't defeat so many illnesses that took millions and millions of lives. Viruses disappear sometimes for no reason at all. We have cured so many things that it's illogical to think we won't cure this, too. There will be a vaccine and in the mean time stay safe and protect yourselves.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    @Cinebar
    I think they mean how black sims need different pallets that better complement their skin tone than the ones we have available. Lots of black simmers say that. Im one but the pallets seem fine to me, but i don't wear makeup so what do i know lol

But! They did take ages to add nice black hairstyles and i love the ones they have now!! But that 'afro' was an abomination.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited April 2020
    I really laughed aloud with racism and the supernatural lifestates??? I mean it makes sense sims generally are afraid of aliens they do kidnap and imprenante them against their will lol. Yall be reaching ;;;

Besides knowledge sims (TS2) like aliens, they get a positive memory of getting abducted and they have no prejudice against aliens once they meet one. Its not like the have a loss to the relationship or anything (except maybe the one that abudcted them) everyone in the game treats them normal
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    lol....no
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top