Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Here is a spreadsheet of my plans for generation 1 so far. (Their parents are generation 0.) The parts that say "child" and "adult" are short for "childhood home" and "adulthood home". (The houses all have numbers for names.) The "kids" section is te number of children they will have. The sims with blue names are gay and the lot numbers in red are lots yet to be created.
    Sims-2-Chart-Gen-1-Groups-1-2.png
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,942 Member
    @Simtown15 thats very organised! I’ve never really been one for rotational play. Well, I suppose I’m sort of doing it with the Parkers and the Chandras, but that’s only two families. I play about a week at a time, pretty simple really.

Apartment Life is here! I might start my own hood, as in use one of the templates in-game, and create some families there.
    Ravi and Lydia, Week One

On the first evening in their new house, Ravi decided to order a pizza. You can also see that he wanted to enter one of FIVE careers! I locked Business because that's to do with his Lifetime Wish.

6nkGYv1.jpg

Nina Caliente had come to welcome the couple to the neighbourhood, and was having fun with the ballet barre. Even the fact that Lydia and Ravi had both gone to bed didn't seem to be enough of a hint to leave.

tb2n7Bq.jpg

The very first day Lydia looked for a job, she found one in journalism, which was her dream career. It took Ravi a little while longer to find a job in business.

ajGeDRM.jpg

They threw an early-evening wedding party, and were both eager to get under the arch and exchange their vows.

uVdoRK5.jpg

Come on guys! Aren't you going to watch this wedding?

vpIM690.jpg

Nope. Seems like no-one is going to witness this. Oh well, nothing can get in the way of true love.

LNo8uGS.jpg

Finally, Stephen Tinker decides that it might be a good idea to watch... but the couple are already kissing.

xFr0n24.jpg

Funnily enough, EVERYONE came running when the cake was cut.

u6xrOKt.jpg

I always love the funny moves that make up the Smustle dance. "A dooby dooby dooby! A dooby dooby dooby!"

wEjzjpf.jpg

"Oh my Plumbob, remember that cow mascot? He was awful! So rude to the poor cheerleader!" Oh, and congratulations on the awesome party, Lydia and Ravi!

k0PaTks.jpg

*wink wink*

GfDR68R.jpg

Ravi was getting a little frustrated with the lack of job openings in the Business career, so he decided to go for a politics one, just to earn a little money.

t0AxuCt.jpg

Uh oh... I think we know what's coming for Lydia!

rKXkeo5.jpg

Turns out Lydia was pretty hungry, and was therefore desperate for a good meal before she died from starvation.

BOPn7Nm.jpg

Success! Spaghetti and meatballs is always a good choice.

sP8hFPx.jpg

In the early hours of Friday morning, Lydia woke up to enter her final trimester of pregnancy. All of a sudden, two stray dogs decided to get into a fight!

6mCajsO.jpg

Being a Knowledge Sim, Lydia secretly fancied turning into a different life state, specifically a werewolf. This isn't *quite* what I had in mind... ;)

JcvK1Ft.jpg

Ugh, labour is so painful! Don't worry, Lydia, it will all be worth it in the end.

AhXJe3J.jpg

Twins! As you can see, I named them Aisha and Lakshmi. With the Triplets and Quads mod, you can also choose who gets time off.

RAusXhi.jpg

Ravi finally found an opening in the business career track, and could finally start working towards his lifetime aspiration.

bQCwfu1.jpg

DUN DUN DUN! The leader of the pack showed up at the house, instantly recognisable by his glowing eyes.

uVhAqBO.jpg

Birthday time! Being able to put clothing on babies has been so useful, particularly when you have multiples in the house.

uzozQOl.jpg

What with their parents being so close, perhaps one of the Parker boys could hook up with a Chandra girl?

I'm going to have to move the Parkers, I think. The house is fairly small, and the lot isn't that huge so expansion is limited.

• Lorna08Lorna08 Posts: 98 Member
    I'm playing The Moss family (you can find it in my gallery). In my game Suzie's husband had an affair and she kicked him out of them house. She is raising Sally and Edwin by herself as a stay at home home (I gave them a lot of motherlode money). Sally and Edwin are teens are the moment and I'm working on getting their grades up. Sally is struggling but Edwin is doing well because he's a quick learner and perfectionist. I'm gearing Sally to be a cook so she most likely go straight to their work force and Edwin will go to college. I'm thinking Biology major. hehehe :)
    y7Kh4Ip.png
    Follow me on (S)imstagram @SimmerLorna
    @Lorna08 Sounds like you’re playing Sims 4. This is a Sims 2 thread.
  • Lorna08Lorna08 Posts: 98 Member
    > @Simtown15 said:
    > @Lorna08 Sounds like you’re playing Sims 4. This is a Sims 2 thread.
    SORRY! I noticed after I posted. :(
    y7Kh4Ip.png
    Follow me on (S)imstagram @SimmerLorna
    After installing Apartment Life I had a few graphics issues. Luckily I managed to solve them! I decided to briefly play with the Goth family. I don't know if I'll carry on playing with them as I don't usually play with premades, but perhaps I could start experimenting with them?

Cassandra was desperate to get married. I think we know how that turns out...

WWWDrcR.jpg

Don suddenly realised what marriage meant. As we all know, commitment is NOT his thing. Nuh uh.

D28FjTK.jpg

Cassandra was absolutely devastated. What a jerk.

v2Crl3L.jpg

Ghost!! :o Gunther Goth, to be exact.

DXhV74v.jpg

So I decided to make a custom hood. Cosyville might be a bit of a silly name, but I've used it before so I'm used to it, I guess!

nfUznb3.jpg

Sims 1 music is so soothing sometimes. So I made a custom radio station.

588ZC0S.jpg

Cosyville is very small so far, with just two community lots (a shop and a restaurant) and one family, the Clarks. Chris and Karen have one daughter, Zoe.

bvUmUWd.jpg

I haven't really experimented with Apartment Life features yet. I'll probably place some apartment lots in Cosyville. I'll need to think of some more families, too!
    I sent a group of teens to university. The pairings are:
    Eddie x Linda
    Gideon x Jackie
    Victor x Luna
    However, Victor is a bully and keeps getting into fights with Eddie, and Luna has started cheating on him with a dorm mate (whom she actually has better chemistry with). I’m thinking of breaking up Luna and Victor and having her marry the townie instead, but I don’t normally play townies; only my own sims.
  • Demery27Demery27 Posts: 222 Member
    It's nice to see your updates when it comes to your sims I'm enjoying all the stories. I decided to focus on Marco Pleasant (Youngest Child Of Mary-Sue and Daniel Pleasant) In previous threads you can read about him and his Wife Emily and their kids. I aged up their oldest Marco Jr. (He's supposed to be an Young Adult but I'll keep him as a teenager). I aged up the twins Diego and Sierra to kids after they were taught their Toddler Skills. Marco Sr. Runs his wife Business (she owns the salon in blue water village their business rank is 6) Stella Torrano who went to college with both Spouses greeted Marco with a kiss😕 (I looked in Marco's panel and saw that Stella is his Love/Crush I don't remember making them have romantic interactions) while Emily was a few feet away In the Salon she didn't see them kiss phew! Afterwards they went back home to their kids and spent time with them. Marco Jr. Applied for a scholarship and won one (I plan on sending him to college soon with the other pleasantview Teens from my other rotational plays) Marco Sr., Emily, and Marco Jr. Went on a mountain vacation with Mary-Sue and Daniel so they could spend time together as a family they enjoyed themselves after two days they went back to their daily lives in pleasantview. Marco Sr. Despite having the family aspiration has a fear of having another baby lol, Emily completed her lifetime wish (reached the top of the criminal career) she even became a witch (a good one of course). She'll die happy 😁 even though she's still young. Marco Sr. Decided to go on a date with Stella and it went ok (Stella wanted to go on another date with him) I will update later with more stories.
    @Lucy_Henley I didn't know you could take screenshots of the Cinematic scenes and I think your custom neighborhood name is pretty cool I tried making a custom neighborhood and failed lol can't wait to see how your story plays out with your sims. @Simtown15 oh wow I feel bad when Sims get bullied luckily some of them fight back while others cry.
    I have the horrible, sinking feeling that I’ve corrupted Pleasantview :(:'( I saved the Goth household when Gunther Goth’s ghost was active (pretty sure I saved, anyway) and apparently that’s bad. I knew about hood corruption but didn’t think about that particular thing. I haven’t re-entered the Goth household, though. What I could do is extract the appearances of the Parkers and the Chandras and recreate them in Cosyville... or else just create a university for Cosyville and restart the family all over again. It stinks, really. Because hood corruption doesn’t always appear immediately. Everything was going so well for the Parker family, too. Martin and Carolyn had another set of triplets, all girls, called Clara, Alice and Hazel. Carolyn was at level 8 in her job.

Ah well. These things happen, I guess. I may start the Sims off in university like I did before, but give them different names. Otherwise that’d be too confusing. Cosyville is a new hood and I definitely haven’t done anything to corrupt it, I checked a list of actions that corrupt a hood to be sure. (I was rather attached to the kids’ names, though, particularly the girl ones. I could reuse the kids’ names and just change the adult ones).

Ugh...
    My sims graduated university (except for Victor, who dropped out) and I introduced 2 new sims to the neighborhood: Daisy and Steven.
    Panic averted! Thankfully the grave was still there when I re-entered the lot. Corruption is only an issue if the grave disappears. To be on the safe side I created a Pleasantview cemetery and moved all the graves there.
  • hushfireflyhushfirefly Posts: 1,931 Member
    edited April 2020
    @Simtown15 I'm glad you decided to give it another chance and you're having better luck this time :heart:
    @Lucy_Henley Phew! That would've been so heartbreaking if you had lost all your progress! Happy everything is all there :blush:

Only interesting thing that happened when I played last night is Blodwen proposing to Phaedra :smile: So next I'll have to plan the wedding and then spend a few days redoing the house for Blodwen and Phaedra to start the next generation and letter!
    snapshot-2b31f363-8baf55c2.jpg
    snapshot-2b31f363-0baf55ce.jpg

Been loving everyone's updates and new faces chiming in with their gameplay :love: Nice to see The Sims 2 is still well loved after all these years!!!
    Every little piece of your life, will mean something to someone.
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
    Upon starting the next generation, I realized that, at this point, almost everyone were cousins. Because of this, I’m planning to create 4 new unrelated couples for the neighborhood.
    My chart has been updated for the next generation! Instead of 6 houseolds, there are now 12!
    2020-04-25.png
    I’ll be doing an update for the Parkers and Chandras later. I played another week with the Parkers (Monday-Monday), although things are slightly skewed with them because they moved house and that reset their week to 8am Monday, back to Summer, when they had been in winter. Oh well. I only played Monday-Wednesday/Thursday with the Chandras, so I’ll do the next few days with them. Quite a bit happened with the Chandras and I wonder how it’ll affect things later on. I’ll need to extend their house, although the family isn’t as big as the Parker house.

I’ll pop back to Cosyville too.
    edited April 2020
    Quick Cosyville Update

So I said I'd be updating both the Parkers and the Chandras, but there are quite a lot of screenshots to go through, so I'll just do a brief update o Cosyville.

There are two more families! I placed a small apartment lot, and named the lot 40 Exeter Street (I'm planning to name all the roads after English university cities :D ).

70NdyyX.jpg

This is the Walker family. I decided to go for very 70s names, so they are Michael and Jennifer, the top male and female names according to the SSA website :D:D They are both Family Sims, and are both ginger, a little like the Parkers! Seeing as they live in an apartment, their family won't become anywhere near as big!

zbmOHjE.jpg

And then we also have the Greens. I also went with 70s names for this couple... meet David and Melissa. They are both Knowledge Sims.

ffmjNfs.jpg

Ultimately, I'd like for these two to have kids, who can become great friends and potentially lovers... <3 (And maybe the kids could have popular 90s/00s names :D:D:D )

iNDVsc5.jpg

• hushfireflyhushfirefly Posts: 1,931 Member
    edited April 2020
    @Simtown15 Props to you for having a spreadsheet! That is some dedication to your sims playing right there :cookie:
    @Lucy_Henley How are you enjoying the features of Apartment Life? Always like hearing about people playing Sims 2 XPs for the first time and getting opinions different to mine :smile:

Had the traditional Firefly Wedding by the backyard beach. Fancied it up a little but nothing really major. Given up on going all out for weddings. I need all my playing time for redesigning their house :tongue: Taken 6 hours so far but I have all the foundation done plus wallpaper/doors/windows. Now the even longer time of furnishing and then I'm going to do a bit of a garden. I wanted more of a open, natural approach for this Gen. Had a crash that scared me as usually that means my game is lost but thankfully it started back up fine :sweat_smile:

Phaedra Flaire joins the Firefly Alphabet Legacy! A Fortune Sim with the LTW of Chief Of Staff.
    snapshot-2b31f363-0bb08a61.jpg
    snapshot-2b31f363-abb08a6e.jpg
    Does the unlockable hot tub severely diminish your couple getting pregnant? Or are all my Legacy founders just on a really low rate to fall pregnant? Because I had the same thing happen with Blodwen. Took over 20 Try For Baby in that tub before I finally heard the song :confused: Well, at least one is on the way!
    snapshot-2b31f363-8bb09196.jpg
    snapshot-2b31f363-8bb09113.jpg
    Next update will be pregnancy for Blodwen, need to get witchy practice going too and you'll be able to see a bit of my house remodeling :blush: Really love what I've done so far but I think it's because I was so sick of looking at the tackiness and coldness of the previous Legacy's taste :confounded:
    Every little piece of your life, will mean something to someone.
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    Awesome pics and stories everyone. Thanks for sharing.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    I accidentally deleted my pleasantview game files so now I have to start over but it's ok, hopefully I can recreate everyone or have previous Sims I had born in game again nothing wrong with a fresh start I guess I will be starting with Brandi Broke's household first
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    That's a super bummer @Demery27 :cry: I'd always feel so devastated (and kinda frustrated with myself) when that would happen. Glad to see your positive attitude about it. :star: I enjoy reading about your gameplay. :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @emorrill Thanks and I was so upset about it but I'll probably do things different this time maybe not we shall see 😇 I moved Herb and Coral into an Apartment, I placed the Ramirez family into Pleasantview, I placed the Ottomas Family into a big home the oldest David will work on some skills before I send him off to college. I plan on placing the Newsons into a large home as well and I plan on recreating Laura Sims again so she can take care of the younger ones while The older two are sent to college. I haven't got a chance to play Brandi's house yet because I'm still getting my pleasantview town together once I do you'll definitely see more updates
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @Demery27 Sounds like a fantastic plan! :star:

Man, if I wasn't so busy cranking out new chapters I would be playing Sims 2 along with the rest of y'all. ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @emorrill How is that coming along? It's in the Sims 3 thread right? I love reading stories on that thread as well

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top