Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are Teens left out in the Survey?

Comments

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Because (according to me) Sims 4 teens are annoying, ugly and uninteresting :#

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited April 2020
    Says you.
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Because (according to me) Sims 4 teens are annoying, ugly and uninteresting :#

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I would've put teens up top if they were there, atm teens are absolutely nothing in the game they're just young adults with the kids school system stuck on them
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    I think they grouped them with ya because well... truth is there is about no difference between ya and teens anymore

which i really would have liked to pick in this survey - please make teens teens again instead of ya clones
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I think they grouped them with ya because well... truth is there is about no difference between ya and teens anymore

which i really would have liked to pick in this survey - please make teens teens again instead of ya clones

But there's even less of a difference between adults and young adults, and they're listed as separate stages.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I was really thrown off by that too! But teens feel like playing adults anyway... They really could use an overhaul.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I uh... didn't notice... :#
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I thought the same . Why didn't they just group the adults and YA together since they are basically the same and give us a teen option?
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    MariqueenMariqueen Posts: 24 Member
    > @MissyHissy said:
    > I was wondering if perhaps they've got a pack in the works. Maybe one of the packs mentioned in the roadmap? It would make sense then if that's why they weren't included in the gameplay question, if there's already a pack in development that does just that <3

one can only hope
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I also noticed that teens were left out as an option in a couple of the rankings.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member

At current times, at real life also no difference, only minimal, and the "legal" thing
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Personally, I think Elders need the most love. But I'd also like (and, from that survey, suspect) an education-themed pack around school. elementary and secondary. Where I live - which is in a regional city, no place really extraordinary - we have several choices of magnet program within our public school system: STEM, PE, Arts, College Prep, etc. It would be nice to have kids or teens enroll in more tailored programs.
    I’m not sure if I’m allowed to say this, but I’ve been bored lately and have been watching YouTube recently. There was one that highlighted some “programs of alternate gameplay” that they thought were great. One of these “programs” made it so you could choose what homework your child was doing and they’d get a skill gain based on that choice. I’d love for that to be in the game. It’d make all the time spent doing homework worthwhile.

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Hopefully teens are already being worked on now seeing as they won the vote on SimGuruGrant twitter poll awhile back they really need an update. I would have only ranked teens below babies had they been an option seeing as they're adults who go to a rabbithole school but babies are a bassinet so clearly the most in need. I swear the only thing adults are really missing is a midlife crises and more slighty grey or white hair and beard options.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited April 2020
    leo3487 wrote: »

At current times, at real life also no difference, only minimal, and the "legal" thing

well the thing is not everyone wants to play a game that is set on current times
    what if i do want my teens to wear ridiculous teen things and have enough clothes for their weird fashion phases?
    what if i do want my young adults to seem more sophisticated and adult like than teens and have enough options for that?
    what if i do want my elders to not have to wear crop tops?

should have more age specific options
    not limited to age group but just things that fit different age groups other than just ya
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited April 2020
    Simmingal wrote:
    what if i do want my elders to not have to wear crop tops?

*Raises hand*

I like to cover my Sims' bellies (and my own) - never cared for crop tops and most certainly not on elders. They don't belong on any person with a shred of dignity, for that matter. Yeah, I'm old fashioned like that, but it's my right.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    xMarianxxMarianx Posts: 74 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Any improvment would be good, as long as they don't go overboard with it. Its a game that's played all over the world, hope they won't make it all about the stereotypical american high school stuff. Because that's only viable in you know, America. Its not the same for Europe or Australia, or where ever non-US simmers live. Personally, I wasn't interested in any of the options on that list. But what can I say, I'm a middle aged introvert, its been a good few years since my own teenage years.

Anything to add to any life stage is good at this point. Just crossing fingers they implement it well.

I live in Europe and I placed American High School pretty high on my list. Everyone is different and want different things, no matter where they live.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice, my thoughts (or should I say hope) ware that perhaps a teen-centric pack was already in the works. I mean a lot of the activities for Q1 was very teen-focused, granted very stereotypical Americanized teen, but still aimed for teens.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

I already mentioned this on the general thread about the survey, but to me the odd point wasn't so much that teens were omitted; it's that YA and Adult were ranked separately from one another.

It sort of makes sense with the CAS question to not separately rank teens, since they share all CAS assets with the YA, adult, and elder ages anyway. But when you leave teens out and rank the older ages separately, that's odd.

With the gameplay question it's even stranger. Surface level though they may be, there are gameplay differences between teens and adults. School vs. work, restrictions on romantic interactions, no risk of emotional deaths, plus the options that came with Parenthood such as curfews, groundings, and mood swings. However, there is absolutely no difference in gameplay between YA and adult. None whatsoever. So, unless they are planning on overhauling those ages to be more distinct (which I sincerely doubt) then it makes no sense at all to rank them individually in terms of preference for future content.

It definately is a curiosity.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    I think and predict:) that we are getting a teen centered (generational?) AND farming pack since that wasn't on the gameplay questions either. It sounds like they are probably fielding questions to see how people would respond to the idea of cheer and fan club activities, both of which sound awfully like teen activities
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Maybe the upcoming Game Pack revolves around Teens! That would be awesome!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Well they did say that the game pack is unlike anything they've done before, and as far as I can remember they have never released a pack that solely focused on teens. I'm thinking there is a good chance this may be it.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I have to say that I was a bit surprised when the saw the band/music catagory in the survey, thinking that I expected the next gamepack to be something around this subject. Still could be sports/hobbies though, but they already have done that unless they are not really sure what 'surprising packs' means.
    We have not heard or released any new content for a while and I think it is about time. May must be the month!
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Well they did say that the game pack is unlike anything they've done before, and as far as I can remember they have never released a pack that solely focused on teens. I'm thinking there is a good chance this may be it.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but there was a teen-centric stuff pack back in TS2. Still, since TS2's stuff packs didn't contain any gameplay elements you could make the argument they've never done a teen-focused gameplay pack before.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I assume they arent included in the CAS question because they simply use the same as Young Adults. I would have liked a teen option for gameplay though.

Ditto... they are pretty much the same as YA
    WbUrFQm.png