Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April 2020 Survey

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Cool survey! Hopefully they use some of them for future gameplay!

Some of the options seemed a bit random. Why on earth would we need another Costa Rican Jungle world, don't we already have one? I was also a bit confused about the culinary career, we already have Dine Out and a culinary career already, so why do we need another one?

Also, is it just me, or did I not see Teen as an option for expanding gameplay for life stages?

Not just you. No teen in most if not all age group questions. Still, a lot of the questions looked like someone has been hearing many of our complaints. Sadly, many of the ideas in #1 come across as shallow. Why another jungle instead of more fully developping the one we have? Why more cities? The can't even do San Myshuno right. Sounds like a ploy to broaden the market base.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I voted highly for the Brazilian Beach World. Maybe they could add scuba diving,wind surfing and other stuff Sulani didn't get. Perhaps liveable underwater lots for mermaids.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    This is what I put for some of the questions asked for the 1 to 10; 1 being the most and 10 being the least:

Feature Category
    1. NPC Story Progression
    2. Growing Pains and Life Issues
    3. Modern Love and Romance
    4. Fan Club Creator
    5. Heists
    6. Bands
    7. Shopping Malls
    8. Cheer
    9. American Highschool
    10. Culinary Quests

The reason Progression needs to happen and the ability to have it be able to be switched on or off will help those who want to control everything; I personally don't want to have to micromanage family members that live outside the active household for example: a sibling that I have living in a different house and have to hit a loading screen to switch to them because they don't progress through their life. I want them to be able to decide to go to college get a certain job have a boyfriend/girlfriend and get married and attend their wedding and they have children that I didn't have to set up. Progression of others will make the game more interesting and family trees will grow like they're suppose to. Your active Sim can have kids and their friends will have kids that can be friends or enemies that grow up together.

Neighborhood Category
    2. Greek Islands
    3. Chinese Countryside
    4. Korean City
    5. Swiss Mountain Town
    6. Italian Vineyards
    7. Brazilian Beach Town
    8. South African City
    9. Scottish Highlands
    10. Spanish City
    11. Costa Rican Rainforests

Greek Islands would be something new and I know a lot of people want a Swiss Mountain Town. I love all these ideas the only reason why the Rainforest is last is because we already have Jungle Adventure. If they added a liveable village attached to the Selvadorada neighborhood like only accessable through one entry on the map like how the magic realm is only accessible through the portal ( and I know you can use port crystals; maybe something like a necklace or idol can be used to gain access to the village after its been found) would be cool.

For 1 to 5 Category :

These choices are based on what Life stages I felt had the least and needed more content rather on what I actually wanted: I would ask for more YA content any day, but everyone knows they always get focused on and Babies,Toddlers,Children, Teens, and Elders get left behind; In my opinion babies and Elders get left behind the most, but the poor teens weren't even put on the survey lol

More CAS for Life Stage
    1.Toddlers
    2.Children
    3.Elders
    4.Adults
    5. Young Adult

Life Stage Additional Gameplay
    1.Babies
    2. Toddlers
    3. Children
    4. Elders
    5. Adults
    Gordy wrote: »
    My rankings and stuff.

Scenarios
    1. Bands: Girl, I've done my waiting. 6 years of it. My musicians and instrument fanatics want their time to shine.
    2. American High Schools: Include prom and other stuff, and you have a deal. It'll give teens more to do, be great for storytelling, and I won't have to make makeshift "boarding schools" anymore.
    3. Modern Love and Romance: We're in desperate need for romance development, and this seems like a good way to add some dimension to it. Personalizing tastes and chemistry is just what we need. And maybe we can finally get slow dancing and make-outs that aren't awkward and stuff?
    4. Shopping Malls: Fun for stores, good for saving space with our limited worlds. But hey, devs? Maybe we should have gotten something like this in Get to Work. Sims 2 let us make malls. Heck, I'm pretty sure they even had at least one premade mall for you to play with.
    5. Growing Pains and Life Issues: This one sounds good, but probably won't be. I fully expect a retread of the meh phase system in Parenthood, which basically amounted to nothing. If did this properly though, it'd be excellent. Make them less like buffs and more like story events.
    6. NPC Story Progression: I want this for others, but it's not something I have any interest in. Because of the horrible culling system, I prefer micromanaging my family lines and guiding my sims' stories, myself.
    7. Fan Club Creator: Now, I'd actually like to learn more about this. Are they just clubs, but focused on celebrating certain sims? Or will we have fandoms and rivalries? Can we have a Voidcritters club and go to war with the Starcreatures fandom? I mean, I feel like I'd rather just have more fandom merch than actual clubs (especially since we have two club systems already), but it could be fun.
    8. Culinary Quest: Sounds like Dine Out + the Cooking Skill + a questline. Super lame. I'd love a cooking overhaul, but this ain't it.
    9. Heists: Robbing banks = cool. Returning stolen stuff = lame.
    10. Cheer: Obviously they put this one to give the illusion of choice, because I don't think they'd ever actually do this. Too many animations. They probably just picked an option that wouldn't be popular.

Locations
    1. Greek Islands: I love islands, and it'd be nice to have some that aren't so tropical.
    2. Swiss Mountain Town: We need some isolated mountain towns and landscapes. It'd be cute. I'm not particularly interested in this, but it'd be great for stories and vacations.
    3. South African City: I would want Cape Town so bad. Coastal capes are the best, and Cape Town is one of the best of the best. But I'm not interested in anything else. Can we get Die Antwoord-inspired CASsets, too?
    4. Scottish Highlands: There's something charming about Scotland. I just worry it end up being just another generic grassy neighborhood, like Britechester, Newcrest or Willow Creek.
    5. Italian Vineyard: Could be amazing (we get juice-making, brands, romance, a whole Italian experience), or just a bland, grassy neighborhood with decorative, non-interactive vineyards in the backdrop.
    6. Spanish City: Mite b cool.
    7. Brazilian Beach Town: I feel like it'd be another Sulani, but without the beautiful Polynesian culture and architecture. I hate Portuguese and Brazilian architecture.
    8. Chinese Countryside: No, this is dumb. I'd rather have historic Chinese locations or cities. Why waste China on its most boring part?
    9. Costa Rican Rainforest: Too much like Jungle Adventure. Yeah, I know, different parts of the world. But you get what I'm saying. And I feel like a world like this wouldn't work as a livable location, either.
    10. Korean City: Nah, not feeling it.

Existing Content
    1. Consequences of making or breaking relationships: Freaking dang, we need this so bad. Bad relationships mean nothing in this game. Remember in Sims 4, where you and your enemies would attack each other on sight? Or how your nemesis would steal your paper or knock over your trash? How hard it was for you to repair your relationship with the person you cheated on? This would be a great stride towards making sims deep again.
    2. Long term desires: Aspirations are just tutorials or short goals. I want lifelong aspirations my sims can strive towards.
    3. Connections to family members outside of the household: When you have large families, it's hard to keep in contact with them. Even the Club system is flawed, because you can only have 8 people at max. If we had family reunions/events, and more recognized relationships, this could be great.
    4. Short term desires: Fix whims, pls.
    5. Developing traits over time: Like Sims 3? Could be fun, and easy to change if you don't get what you want. But when traits are so shallow and meaningless, it doesn't mean anything.
    6. Being born with traits: Like Sims 3. I get it, devs. You want Sims 3. I ain't complaining. Same flaws as above.
    7. Family evolution outside the household: See my thoughts on Story Progression.
    8. Control of Sims that are not currently on the active lot: Doesn't really deepen gameplay or add anything the game desperately needs.
    9. Emotions: A blight on the game. We need a fear system, moodlet overhaul, emotions that don't change at the flip of a switch, etc. But even if you fixed them, they'd still probably be lame and easy to get over.

So the tl;dr to this is "Just make Sims 4 like The Sims 2 and 3."

New CAS-tegories
    1. Tattoos: The amount we have is paltry.
    2. Hair: I'm always up for more hair. They've been on fire with hair styles lately, too. Like seriously, the last few packs have been amazing for hair. Can we get more afro-textured hair, too? My black and Polynesian sims are starting to look the same with this limited pool.
    3. Accessories: Scarves and witch hats, please.

I'd want more make-up, but I don't trust them to give us anything good. Most of the make-up we have is just atrocious. Like, bad. Seriously bad. I'd also like a top, but I'd rather have one in real life.

New CAS-tegories, Part II
    1. Bodyhair: I don't want Barbie dolls, I like my men hairy. Maybe I'd like my women hairy, too. I don't know. But it'd be nice to have the option of creating hairy women, don't you think.
    2. Heterochromia: So in The Sims 2, I downloaded an accessory that would change a sim's eye color or colors. Contact lenses. What I liked to do was, give certain sims a red right eye. They'd be "chosen ones" among the witch community, as they were a symbol of rarity and strangeness.
    3. Burns: Heck yeah. Cool and Gnarly.

I want prosthetics, too. I'd be fine with all of these options, really.

CASSets by Age
    Child > Elder > Toddler > Adult > Young Adult

We don't need more crop tops, we need proper oldie clothes. Children could use some more stuff, too, I guess. Maybe some Voidcritters clothing?

Gameplay by Age
    1. Babies: I don't think I need to explain myself with this one.
    2. Children: What can kids even do right now? Talk to other sims? Do homework? Skillbuild the skills that they'll lose upon aging up? A tiny percentage of of various activities that are already available to all the older life stages? Come on.
    3. Elders: They can do things that YAs/Adults can do, but at a weaker capacity. Like why even bother keeping them around when they don't add anything? I just stuff my elders into a retirement home and wait for them to die. They need more stuff to differentiate them from YAs/Adults and make them fun to play.
    4. Toddlers: I think they're fine the way they are.
    5. Adults
    6. Young Adults

Why don't we have a "teenager" category here? YAs and As have the exact same gameplay, while teens are different enough from the both of them and elders.

Exactly about the teens lol.

I added a new category for the CAS items Nails and wanted only one other thing Heterochromia.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I just took the survey myself and it's very nice to at least see that they genuinely do listen to a lot of what we post on the forums, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, etc.

It's just very disappointing to see how slow they are in actually implementing and acting on these things. For a series with so much support from fans and EA, it really should be dropping content that is more detailed and expansive far more frequently than presently. Bring back the beefy expansion packs released at 6-month intervals. Replace stuff packs entirely with game packs, and drop them every 3 months. A Sims game really shouldn't feel so incomplete as TS4 does now six years after release.
    bixters wrote: »
    Cool survey! Hopefully they use some of them for future gameplay!

Some of the options seemed a bit random. Why on earth would we need another Costa Rican Jungle world, don't we already have one? I was also a bit confused about the culinary career, we already have Dine Out and a culinary career already, so why do we need another one?

Also, is it just me, or did I not see Teen as an option for expanding gameplay for life stages?

Not just you. No teen in most if not all age group questions. Still, a lot of the questions looked like someone has been hearing many of our complaints. Sadly, many of the ideas in #1 come across as shallow. Why another jungle instead of more fully developping the one we have? Why more cities? The can't even do San Myshuno right. Sounds like a ploy to broaden the market base.

I agree which is why I put the options similar to Jungle Adventure at the bottom of my list. The Cheer stuff could of been added to University and Culinary Cuisine, I can play other games that focus only on that or it could of been added to Dine out like you said. I would of like Happy Haunts to resurface or at least get funerals. There are literally already coffins for vampires, I like to play with aging on and all the hard work I put into a Sim, I would like more emphasis on death to be able to decorate the graves and have a real graveyard instead of Sims we don't play they're urn is lost into the void. The Sims 3 mausoleum was the best thing ever for retrieving urns.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I take it you've never seen Leverage?
    No, I don't watch garbage. /jk

I suggest you try it. Team of Con Artists goes Robin Hood.
    Jokes aside though, it does look pretty interesting. Thanks for the recommendation, I've added it to my watchlist
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    edited April 2020
    Sounds to me like a teen pack 80-90s style with bands playing in the garage. Nostalgic pack. Or is that just my mind wondering because that sounds fun. I would love a nostalgic pack it’ll work well with the bowling stuff arcade (adding more arcade swatches) and rollerblading ring just need to bring in drive in movies (requires some sort of cars). I’m excited for these questions but not sure if their all going into sims 4. I don’t think any of the previous in depth survey questions being brought in yet.

Anything that’s actually adding to the depth of game play is great in my book. Would LOVE a revamp on making the sims feel more unique (not just physical appearance) and having real character progression.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    So far this was the best survey yet! Things like Growing Pains and Life Issues and Breakup Consequences and developing Babies and More In-Depth Emotions - YES PLEASE!!! Scottish Highlands and Swiss Mountain Town - pleeease, I know they'll probably be unpopular but I need those worlds, I don't think we ever had anything similar in the sims before :bawling:
    Anyway, I really hope they'll bring to life at least a few ideas from here because all of them are really awesome :relaxed:
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Interesting questions.

If we get story progression, I hope it will be optional. I want to be able to protect my played households from being twisted by the sims AI!

As for the worlds, I want all. I am most interested in a mountain world and a Mediterranean world (Greek island or Italian vineyard)

The only thing I can easily pass on is American high school and cheerleaders. I don't need high school drama and have enough education with university.

I hope we can get feedback on the survey, some kind of summary on the results.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited April 2020
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 Thank you for posting the link to the survey!

After listing my choices w/10 being "the highest" and 1 as "the lowest," I had to look closely to see the instructions for actually ranking those choices! I had to go back and correct my rankings -- as I automatically listed them w/10 as "most wanted," when in fact 1 is "most wanted." :o

In that case I think I did it all wrong!😢

the most wanted i put on the left or on the top so I hope I did it right
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I hadn't even thought of heists and now I ~need~ them, they've ruined me by mentioning it lol.

I want everything too, but I do think no addition is going to be as awesome as it can be without fixing emotions and relationships and personalities and having consequences, so those kinds of things were at the top for me.

My sim made Bjorn leave his family for her (just to kill him off and keep the house later) and then when I had his daughters over to the house, they were just... friendly... half a green bar for this lady they'd never even met before who just wrecked their family. Where's the unadulterated hatred? Where's the drama? They should have been implying her mother is a llama and pranking her toilet.
  • ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    edited April 2020
    Vote HIGH on Growing Pains and Life Issues! I think it would add a lot of interesting things in in my sims lives! Not just being happy and rich all the time. It is so boring. I need more surprises and *some* hardship in my game.

PS. i think they should at least add bands and cheerleading in Discover University but I think we have to pay for My First Band pack and Cheerleading pack according to EA marketing strategy.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,874 Member
    I pictured mountains with terraced rice fields. Maybe a Great Wall. They could have temples too and traditional houses. But I did wonder why "countryside" though and not you know a historic city for instance.
    @Gordy I had the same thoughts about the Chinese countryside it seems so awkward and weird when china has so many more amazing locations. I pictured a more open brittleton bay with a chinese style fx background and chose it last 😅😅😅
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    1. NPC Story Progression (completely optional of course, would be great if it doesn't automatically applies to townies/NPCs who already have met our sims)
    2. Growing Pains and Life Issues (Yes please. I want lasting impactful events for my sims)
    3. Modern Love and Romance (This game is very lacking in romantic interactions so anything to add more depth to it would be welcome. Improved chemistry feature? turn ons/offs? online dating?)
    4. Shopping Malls (I'd like to have the option to go and buy things directly rather than already having everything I need)
    5. American Highschool (I always said I wanted an education pack rather than just university)
    6. Bands (not high on my list but could be fun to others)
    7. Heists (I wonder how that would work but could be fun)
    8. Cheer (ok)
    9. Fan Club Creator (could be added with bands)
    10. Culinary Quests (why?)

Would have loved to see sims having interests/hobbies so I could differentiate between them

Then it's always

babies (that goes without saying)>children (more activities/events and interactions for them)>elders(same as for children and teens)>toddlers (maybe they could add the crawling stage before walking in a free update)>adults>young adults
    I assume they didn't add teenagers because they're already working on them right now.

For locations

1. Swiss Mountain Town
    2. South African City
    3. Italian Vineyard
    4. Greek Islands
    5. Spanish City

Those are the ones I am the most interested in, the others could be added later.

1. Consequences of making or breaking relationships ( I always ask for more consequences and not just moodlets for only 2 days)
    2. Long term desires: Aspirations are just tutorials or short goals (first, we nee more aspirations to choose from)
    3. Connections to family members outside of the household/ Family evolution outside the household (those two could be together, great for my large families)
    4. Being born with traits/Developing traits over time (could be interesting if they improve they way traits and emotions are handled in the game. I would love to see (child/teen/adult) sims created in CAS already having skills which will be decided by us)
    5. Short term desires (whims which correspond to the sims personality, could also add their interests, hobbies and skills)
    6. Control of Sims that are not currently on the active lot (isn't that already possible?)
    7. Emotions (make them more impactful to the sims lives, do not make them override their personalities/make them more nuanced: a good sims will not be happy in the same way an evil sim will and vice versa, same goes for other emotions)
  • darkroomxdaisydarkroomxdaisy Posts: 52 Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > No mention of teens. Hopefully that means something is already in the works.

I noticed this as well! Hopefully they've been seeing the talk in the pack/idea forms and are already working on something good. There's soo much more that they could be doing with them!
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    edited April 2020
    I ranked story progression super high, along with a Swiss mountain world and the Scottish highlands.

Scottish Highlands! <3
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    edited April 2020
    logion wrote: »
    I do wonder if they will make these things for the sims4 though
    Oh, look. They remembered babies are a thing. Lol All of these options should already be in the game and it's mind boggling how they are only NOW thinking of improving these things... when this game has one or two years left. And half of these things won't even make it for sure..

I was thinking the same thing - I wonder if this was really for Sims 4 or actually Sims 5...
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Why are there no questions for teens?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member

No one knows. I'm hoping it's because they've already started working on an update or pack for teens.
  • LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    This has to be the hardest survey ever. How am I possibly meant to rank most of these ideas?! 😨
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    Scottish highlands were also my favourite choice. The family progression an connection too like bands too. More baby and elder option is also welcome. My least interest was the american high school. I know these only from tv shows, and there they are always represented as the worst places to go, so no thanks. :smile:
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member

No one knows. I'm hoping it's because they've already started working on an update or pack for teens.
    You know what else wasn't part of the survey? Dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Story progression, growing pains and such could easily be a generations themed update! SP itself could have filters similar to seasons where If you don’t want it, you don’t have to have it on, just turn the feature off and you’re good, but for those who want it on, it’s there and everyone is happy.

I’m a realism generations simmer so you pretty much know already I picked babies, SP, growing pains and anything relating to expanding my family themed gameplay/story building, but personally, I think everything in the survey should just be an update free of charge, maybe save for high school as that in earlier games came as part of a pack, I mean sims 3 had schools but it was university that gave us that ability to interact with education properly. So I’m happy for the base game stuff to come in an update and high school come later in a game pack, if it means we get everything the game needs, really don’t care I am just super excited after that survey, suddenly it goes from no SP to SP, babies, improved overall life and so on, I am buzzing.

If any staff are reading, I pray at the very least they throw SP and improved babies in via update, I’ll happily pay for the rest as long as my sims surroundings become more alive similar to the last series, don’t need open worlds, I just want more story and more life.

Please note I know not everybody shares my wants/feelings, I’m not trying to talk over anybody, just putting my 2 cents in
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I’m not entirely sure why some simmers are so against the high school idea....

I thought some simmers wanted their Sims’ lives to be harder? I know if I had a pack like that it would spell the end of my rainbows and unicorns utopia instantly!! 😈 😃😆