Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Inheritance still a no in the game?

Hey everyone, I hope you're all doing well out there in these times of .. stumpy corona.

I'm just wondering about something that's been an issue a long time is TS4, I can't find anywhere that it's been "fixed" in the game by now. I really don't know how it works in the game, and I'm afraid to play with aging on because I want my sims to inherit their parents fortune.

So is inheritance still not happening in the game? If my sims daughter moves out and I play with the daughter, and the parents die in their home, will the daughter NOT inherit anything? I know a solution would be to keep the daughter living with her parents until they die, but that's boring.. :expressionless: I also know I can buy hundreds of expensive things and put in the daughters inventory to sell later but.. I'm just here to spread awareness or get answers I guess. If this is still an issue in the game (I would definitely say it's an issue, which they should've fixed a long time ago!) then it needs to be addressed, again, right?

I thought maybe MCCC had a setting on this but I can't find it..

Does anyone have a neat solution? :) Any tips or tricks?

Comments

• MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Hm, don't know. Never had it happen. I'll hqve to see.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited April 2020
    Mccc does have inheritance. I think its in population and then money... im not sure but tomorrow i can look at the correct path. I have it in my game. I get notifications every time someone gets an inheritance. The game tells me who gets it. My sim had a son with a friend but they never married or moved together. When he died his son (my household) got something like $18000. You can even decide who you want to have prevalence on the inheritance (partner, kids...).
  • plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Mccc does have inheritance. I think its in population and then money... im not sure but tomorrow i can look at the correct path. I have it in my game. I get notifications every time someone gets an inheritance. The game tells me who gets it. My sim had a son with a friend but they never married or moved together. When he died his son (my household) got something like $18000. You can even decide who you want to have prevalence on the inheritance (partner, kids...).

Thank you! That was just what I was looking for! :D I seriously can't for the life of me learn to navigate MCCC, so thanks, I just fixed it now.
    For anyone wondering, the pathway starts with the computer - mccc - mccc settings - money settings. :)
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I hope that they could add it in together with the heist option. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited April 2020
    Well there are some positive changes although it's not strictly the type of inheritance you're talking about.

Since University, now when Sims move out, you can choose the amount of money a sim moving out will take with them from the family funds. This is great - no more stuffing their inventory with violins! It can be whatever amount you choose, up to the full amount of the available funds. I am so glad they set this up and it makes it more realistic (and challenging if the family doesn't have a lot of money).

However, this does not take into account the worth of the lot, and when the parents die, the lot or its value will not be transferred to any heirs. I am typically okay with it (chalking it up to "medical/nursing bills") but if it is a large home, there are some options. If you know when the remaining parent will die, you can have the parent sell their home and move out to a smaller or blank lot, or in with friends/relatives, and have them gift the rest of the funds to their offspring (gifting simoleans has been a part of the game since Seasons). Or, have a relative or other sim (you can call them the "executor" of the will) move to the lot, sell the lot after the parents pass, and have them gift the amount to the rightful heir.
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    edited April 2020
    Make a bank, use a vault door with get famous expansion. Place it on a generic lot type. Make sure the family doesn’t lock the vault from the beneficiary because there is no way of opening it up once they have passed. Unless you have a really sneaky sim 😁. Note: That you can’t save that bank to your library in hopes of the funds being transferred between saves or by placing it somewhere else so choose wisely on your location and save. #getfamous lol just had to put a hashtag.