March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April Community survey speculation thread

SimGuruFrost has posted yet another Community survey link just a couple hours ago
Link to the survey

And honestly, what it implies regarding the current state of sims 4 is VERY BIG

Let's discuss this.

I'll talk in this thread on the assumption that you know everything presented in the survey. So to the people in the future who may see this topic, watch This video for more info.

My guess is that EAxis makes their community surveys in 3 phases of their development:

Either
A-They aren't working on the content presented in the survey AT ALL. (Unlikely)
B-They're in the pre-production/design phase A.K.A what we see in the survey are just at a concept art level and any one of them that don't get enough hype will be scrapped. (Very likely)
or
C-They're far in development and want to gauge how hyped we are so they can pinpoint a deadline and shuffle release dates accordingly. (Maybe)

Now if I were to take a guess from how the knitting stuff pack is developing. It takes 7-13 months to go from pre-production to production to release. And that's for a pack that's object-oriented.
For a pack that's more gameplay oriented (or a base game update as big as NPC STORY PROGRESSION) I'd guess something around 10 months.

So we can only assume that, unless EAxis is already working on these stuff, we won't get them until early 2021.

But let's put that aside for a moment.
What are you most excited for?

For me personally i want a trait revamp and more consequences more than anything. The base game needs them BADLY.

Comments

• JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    I hope everyone voted for story progression because if not, I will RIOT.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I look forward to Greece, Samba, nectar making, shopping malls, long and short term aspirations, developing new traits, better relationships, and some modern romance. If they throw in some new features for children, babies and nailpolish I'll be twice as happy.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Traits and relationship revamp is definitely needed and would be really appreciated. Even something like hobbies/likes or an attraction system will make the Sims more rounded and 'real.' It will help plump out their stories more.

I'd also love bands to make a comeback. BRING BACK BANDS! I am desperate to make my own rock or metal band in the Sims :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    The idea of heists really perked my interest. Maybe because Ive been on a GTA kick lately. But it could really expand the possibilities of creating actual criminals out of our sims! And maybe run the risk of getting our criminal sims arrested too? Oooooh I suddenly want to make a criminal empire now. I hope this will mean expanding on the Evil trait, since its seriously indistinguishable from the Mean trait.

I do like that they're addressing more meaningful personalities for our sims. Means that they're well aware that we think the sims as they are now are staler than stale white bread, which makes me hopeful of a good update somewhere along the line. And romance? PLEASE TELL ME THIS WILL INCLUDE BETTER WEDDINGS. PLEASE.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Let's remember this was possible game development, and that anything that is developed from this will probably not show up in game for six months at the very, very best - I wouldn't start looking for any of this until after the upcoming Game Pack, which I'm not expecting until September/October.

I only bring this up because so often I've seen a survey and then people expect their personal selections (and we never see the results of these surveys) to show up within 1-4 months. I mean people have been expecting a Winter Vacation pack to show up any day now since the last survey. And the Knitting pack shows that what the Community (defined as Forums and various Social Media) wants doesn't always line up with what the Player Base (defined as all players, including those who aren't even aware there is a forum) wants. And the Player Base is larger.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    The idea of heists really perked my interest. Maybe because Ive been on a GTA kick lately. But it could really expand the possibilities of creating actual criminals out of our sims! And maybe run the risk of getting our criminal sims arrested too? Oooooh I suddenly want to make a criminal empire now. I hope this will mean expanding on the Evil trait, since its seriously indistinguishable from the Mean trait.

I do like that they're addressing more meaningful personalities for our sims. Means that they're well aware that we think the sims as they are now are staler than stale white bread, which makes me hopeful of a good update somewhere along the line. And romance? PLEASE TELL ME THIS WILL INCLUDE BETTER WEDDINGS. PLEASE.

What if the heists are actually scripted plots like Strangerville, and you don't really get to plan the heists? Though I'd like my sims to learn some Capoeira to get through the laser beams to steal Simlisa.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

What if the heists are actually scripted plots like Strangerville, and you don't really get to plan the heists? Though I'd like my sims to learn some Capoeira to get through the laser beams to steal Simlisa.

I'd personally be okay with not planning every detail of the heist, but Id like to able to choose how I'd like to do it. Like for starters, Id want a good array of heists to perform. 2nd, I'd like it if there like a few different lans of attack in which to do the heist, for example a stealthy approach or something akin to a guns blazing approach (note I am NOT asking for guns in the game whatsoever, this is an example). And each plan would have their own chances of success and loot gain depending on the skills of your sim AND the crew. Heist went off without a hitch? Your sim gets a huge cut of the loot! Not so well? No loot and a day or so in the pokey. And probably decreased relationship with everyone who took part in the heist. If something even relatively similar to that was ever put in the game I'd be pretty stoked.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Please vote Different eyes (Heterochromia Iridum) !!!

I got you voted for it.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Please vote Different eyes (Heterochromia Iridum) !!!

Voted for it as well. I wish they could add some coding that could use real life eye probability to determine the eye color. Sometimes children have a certain eye color because of a grandparent.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• panda_timeloadpanda_timeload Posts: 89 Member
    I voted for story progression/life events as the most important. Story progression seriously is the most important to me tho
    original.gif
  • CladriahCladriah Posts: 69 Member
    I wanted that high school experience, also cheer leading.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    An emotion and trail overhaul, along with more depth and consequences to social choices, is what I want most for the game.
    And I would like to see my neighbors come to life.

I was playing TS3 (Before obsessed with Final Fantasy VII Remake) and I was delighted to see the next door neighbor walking in her back yard to go to the inventors bench that was located in her garage. Her toddles was crawling around in the back yard and she waved to her as she walked by. Not easy to see, but she's walking on the path.
    Screenshot-1794.png

I would like to see the neighbors in TS4 coming out of their homes to go places, or using the objects on their property.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i really, really, really need body hair. I hate how we're 5 years in and my sims are as bald as a newborn PLEASEEEEE let me have BODY HAIR
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    i really, really, really need body hair. I hate how we're 5 years in and my sims are as bald as a newborn PLEASEEEEE let me have BODY HAIR

I for one voted for that as well.
    Cladriah wrote: »
    I wanted that high school experience, also cheer leading.

I voted for highschool second and cheerleading was either third or fourth because I wanted shopping malls so they may be flipped idk. Lol but cheerleading was high on my list.
    I voted for story progression/life events as the most important. Story progression seriously is the most important to me tho

Yup me too also because I miss Sims 2 and they drama lol.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited April 2020
    I wish that survey was more specific.It really bothered me that the one asking about CAS wasn't life stage specific. I want more CAS, but only for toddlers, children and elders, but that question didn't specify, so for all I know, I could have voted more stuff for YAs. I wish the question asking about future worlds would have had a "no preference" or "none of the above" option because I really didn't like any of their options. And I have no idea why the last questions excluded teens from the ranking when they're severely lacking in content, yet included both adult life stages who already get everything as it is. Adult and YA shouldn't have even been options if you ask me.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    The beach worlds,alps and rainforest were high on my list. Maybe the Brazilian Beach World could add scuba diving,wind surfing and souvenir shopping

I also voted high on my list Romance,Shopping Malls and controlling npc sims.
    The beach worlds,alps and rainforest were high on my list. Maybe the Brazilian Beach World could add scuba diving,wind surfing and souvenir shopping

I also voted high on my list Romance,Shopping Malls and controlling npc sims.

My top three were the Brazilian Beach, Greece, and Italy.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    A-They aren't working on the content presented in the survey AT ALL. (Unlikely)
    B-They're in the pre-production/design phase A.K.A what we see in the survey are just at a concept art level and any one of them that don't get enough hype will be scrapped. (Very likely)
    or
    C-They're far in development and want to gauge how hyped we are so they can pinpoint a deadline and shuffle release dates accordingly. (Maybe)

Now if I were to take a guess from how the knitting stuff pack is developing. It takes 7-13 months to go from pre-production to production to release. And that's for a pack that's object-oriented.
    For a pack that's more gameplay oriented (or a base game update as big as NPC STORY PROGRESSION) I'd guess something around 10 months.

So we can only assume that, unless EAxis is already working on these stuff, we won't get them until early 2021.

I'd say A is very likely, B is unlikely, and C is very unlikely.

I believe the terms "pre-production" and "design phase" only apply to packs/content that have been officially greenlighted to make. The content presented in the survey are likely things that are still on the drawing board. The initial brainstorming/idea pitching/deciding on a theme phase is not part of the pre-production.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • CBookCBook Posts: 87 Member
    Jinkx wrote: »

Oop- I voted for American High School. We NEED more teen and YA gameplay
    Sims are Lit
    CBook wrote: »
    Jinkx wrote: »

Oop- I voted for American High School. We NEED more teen and YA gameplay

I agree with the teen gameplay but not YA they have been catered to since the start of Sims 4.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I'm mostly excited for a possible overhaul of how the game works with story progression, emotions and etc. They did not seem to be interested in doing that before. Maybe some things have changed over at Maxis. Maybe they have more people that are available now.

I hope that's the case because some of those things that were available in the survey are quite difficult to make. I have always thought that the reason why they did not want to add story progression, or other emotions is because it is so dependent on everything in the game and all their packs so they have to redo everything, and also because they can't really sell story progression or emotions as a pack.

It's also odd that they want to do these changes now after almost 6 years.

I'm almost suspecting that these are just ideas. Something that Maxis might do something with depending on what happens in the future and how much money they will get. Some of these choices like culinary chef, cheerleading and fan clubs sounds so much like what we have gotten for the sims4 already where they will reuse assets and save money, while an overhaul of emotions or story progression sounds way more expensive and difficult to sell.