Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can anyone recommend me a world? (EA or Custom. Feel free to show me yours!)

I'm looking for a new world to play in. It does not have to have any finished lots. Lots placed in CAW, yeah but I can fill the world myself, no problem.

I'm not good at remembering what worlds look like, but what I wish for is:

Beach area (useable beach, quite large area so I can have several beach lots and atleast one beach home)
Harbor area (more industrial looking)
Flat normal living area
Deep forest area, preferably on mountain to get best view of sunsets etc. No view of normal city (unless from height)

important note: No ugly effects! No stupid sailboat dipping around, no rainbow or hot air ballon or idiotic birds flying into my house and no fog seeping into my house. I am SO sick of gorgeous towns that are unplayable because there's hundred effects crammed into it with those ugly balloons and boats, fog effects you cant deleted because not on any lot, but fog still seeps inside homes. No misplaced trees placed later so the trunks are sticking out or hovering, or birds flying into your house because they didn't check that the lot was placed where they spawn. And no waves hovering 20 feet up in the air from the water. Just.......normal, functioning worlds.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just so sick of these things. I make worlds too and have been working on one to fit my needs - but my CAW is very temperamental :(

People are SO talented with their worlds, it's amazing. I'm sure there are some that suit my needs.

Are there any EA worlds that might fit me? Or maybe you know someone who's made a world like this - or maybe you even made one yourself?

I don't need anything special. Just a normal world really. I'm just tired of all these effects that cant be moved after. It's quite annoying building a house and then when you start playing there's fog all around or a flock of birds plowing through your home several times a day.

Comments

• KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    You open them in Create a World then delete like crazy. The fog emitters bother me the most.
  • chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    edited April 2020
    There is very few worlds with industrial harbor. :confused:

Maybe try Sunlit Tides? It's very beach-y world and have vulcanic mountains with jungle. It's regularly on sale on daily deal, just need to keep eye on rotation cycle.

From players-made worlds you might like to try:
    - The Stoneshields, Grey Meadow or Huntsborough by Quailhogs (though the firts two are sometimes quite foggy)
    - Evansdale County, Anne Arbor or SimLau Isles by MySimRealty
    - Norderby, Norresand by Mammut
    - Shigeria by Cappu

Check out also other worlds from sims catalog and simzoo. At simzoo there's many spacious worlds with not much effects, so you might like them.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited April 2020
    Do you need some help with your world? I'm willing to help, if you want. :)

*Or maybe I can make you a world? Give me pictures, more descriptions... :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    edited April 2020
    doublepost
    Post edited by shakeninsane on
    edited April 2020
    You open them in Create a World then delete like crazy. The fog emitters bother me the most.

Omg! Can you import a world in CAW when you've got countless hours in it? I dont want to nuke everything and all that, so I've never tried to open a world in CAW.

Ugh, yess - I love spoopy fog, when it stays outdoors!

chojrak wrote: »

Maybe try Sunlit Tides? It's very beach-y world and have vulcanic mountains with jungle. It's regularly on sale on daily deal, just need to keep eye on rotation cycle.

- The Stoneshields, Grey Meadow or Huntsborough by Quailhogs (though the firts two are sometimes quite foggy)
    - Shigeria by Cappu

Check out also other worlds from sims catalog and simzoo. At simzoo there's many spacious worlds with not much effects, so you might like them.

Whoa thank you for the links! I remember the Evansdale world, I've been watching it a few times, but I dont think I ever got around to try it cause I was so unsure which version to get and it seemed like there was all sorts of stuff that needed to be done to play etc. But it looks amaziiing, I really like it.

I grabbed Sunlit Tides years ago, and it's prob one of the prettiest worlds EA has. It's super beautiful, I just tend to get bored in worlds that are very specific some theme.

Ideally I would be able to "travel" in the town. Go to a tropical beach or forest and such in one town, haha. Can't be bothered with my travel visa XD

Rflong7 wrote: »
    Do you need some help with your world? I'm willing to help, if you want. :)

*Or maybe I can make you a world? Give me pictures, more descriptions... :mrgreen:

You're still making worlds eH??! :D<3

I can give you some pics if my "specs" aren't much to grab onto, haha.

Basically I'm thinking of:

Tall mountains on one side of the map. With some evergreens/firs. Either some small lots at the foot of the mountain, or at some level on it (for viewing sunrise or sunsets, doesn't matter.) I'd like to have a cabin and maybe some fishing opportunities, and with no view of the town from the heavily wooded area. Hope that makes sense. I like to have my sim vacate in their town and pretend if's further away lol.

A pier/harbor area. Doesn't have to be anything special. Just not a swimable area, but more of a place to have a boardwalk and mooring posts, to take your boat out and such. The harbor area can have a sort of "not beach but coastline" area around it too if possible.

Far away/opposite of the harbor area, I'd love a beach area, tropical looking. I wish for some big lots there to have a swimable beach and resorts and beach homes etc. :) Again, to make it look sort of "far away" from the other areas, haha. Bonus if you can see the sunset from the beach. :)

The town itself can reside in the middle and doesn't need anything "special". Just flat landscape with normal, no-fuss routing of roads.

I'm gonna see if I've got some pics of what I'd like.

MTS_armiel-1195694-Oldtownbeach.jpg

(pier-area sort of glides into this so the tropical beach further away doesn't look to jarring against the harbor maybe??)

MTS_heaven-1881138-45-SnowflakesbytheSea.jpg
    Just a sort of inspo-pic lol

MTS_armiel-1195697-Thecityarea.jpg
    No-fuss mountains. I don't know how possible it is to get lots to look normal up against mountains, so it doesn't matter to me if it's at a height or not. If possible - yay, if not, no stress. But a heavily wooded area, secluded from the town - with a view of sunrise or sunset. :)

I couldn't find any pics of beaches etc, but you know,just the average nice tropical beach. Doesn't have to be packed with palm trees, etc. Just enough to make it look really warm and nice.

As far as expansions: I dont have Generations and I'm missing out on most stuff packs, I believe. Not sure if that matters.

edit:

Cape Garner and Salmon Woods
    https://thesimscatalog.com/sims3/downloads/worlds/medium/cape-garner/
    http://www.mysimrealty.com/WORLDS_SalmonWoods.html

are worlds that have the wooded area I was thinking of. But I'm sure there's a way to "mesh" everything together and make it work. Woodsy area/mountains, small town area, harbor/pier and tropical beach. :)
    Post edited by shakeninsane on
    Yeah. I still make a world now and then. Not many.

So tell me, what's wrong with those worlds? Finnington looks Beautiful.
    Like - Cape Garner doesn't have a tropical beach?

You're looking for about how many lots and what's your favorite lot size for Com/Res lots? A nice, medium world or did you want a large world?
    I don't think i've ever played a custom large world! (or maybe, but I haven't noticed). I'd like a medium or large world, I think. Not sure how well a large will run, but I don't plan to overstuff it :)

Sorry, just mean those two worlds had a nice look to them, nothing more.

https://www.simszoo.de/filebase/file/1965-hintertupfingen/

This one might just suit my needs. It doesn't have a tropical beach, but I think I can fix that.

Annoyingly, as far as I can tell, almost all trees are sort of hovering off the ground. (I think that happens when they are placed in Edit Town?)

Idk how to fix that, or if that's even possible. Maybe I could open it in CAW and re-place trees.

I might try this one too

ttp://www.mysimrealty.com/WORLDS_SimLauIsles.html

It's a bit more "overall" tropical, but I might be able to tweak it.

I also don't know where they've stuffed all the weird effects I don't like, so.... I'm dreading starting a world and then just...oops, effects are in the way. lol

Don't feel pressured to make anything though, I'm not gonna be upset if you dont have the time or you just dont feel like it.

Note: I REALLY love your worlds Supernatural Island, Legacy Island, Mountain Lake, Dark Harbor (Which I've played for SO long at some point!! Very nice place!),

I think your Longview 2 is very close to what I want, except perhaps more mountain-area/deep woods and all that, but alas - as usual, I never got around to trying that world cause I don't have Generation (why is that pack still so expensive???)

Again, don't go out of your way for my sake, haha, but I'm def interested if you've got some ideas <3
    edited April 2020
    How many lots are you thinking of having in the mountains on a medium world- on slopes?* Oh, you want flat areas at the base of the mountain. You just want a mountain to hide the city area to seem way out in the hills. :)

**Do you like dark grass or light grass? I like darker grasses but I can work with lighter grasses. :)
    Plus, mountain rock color- Grey?
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    How many lots are you thinking of having in the mountains on a medium world- on slopes?* Oh, you want flat areas at the base of the mountain. You just want a mountain to hide the city area to seem way out in the hills. :)

**Do you like dark grass or light grass? I like darker grasses but I can work with lighter grasses. :)
    Plus, mountain rock color- Grey?

I'm not entirely sure. If I could have it so it looks to be "somewhere at that mountain", that would be super. I'd only need 2 at most, one for the cabin home and one where I can make a little deep-forest "park" (tents and stuff) :) Is it even possible to make lots on a mountain without it looking odd? If so, perfect! Would love to have it a bit higher than the rest of the city. If not, at the foot of the mountian is fine.

As for colors, I'm up for most. Grey mountains are fine! I've seen some darker ones that look amazing, but usually I always make grey ones myself too, lol. I also like the darker grass! I like to use the CAW-basic grass in town-areas/nearer the beach, but for forest areas, I like the darker ones.
    edited May 2020
    What size lots do you like for houses in town? I hope you don't want many lots... :)

Did you want some fall colors in the mountains or just pine trees?
    And I like trees? Do you like trees? Maybe i like trees too much. :blush:
    I like a little bit of both, but I do like some bigger lots for community places/beaches and stuff. Either way, I usually change things in Edit town anyway. I can always place lots myself if I need more, etc. So no worries there.

I prefer mostly pine trees in the mountains. Not fall colors, since I've got seasons anyway I get fall colours when there are falls, haha :)
    edited May 2020
    I realized you won't like this world. :(
    I did add1 rainbow effect in one fall. I also put a fog emitter in the little swamp area. This fog emitter won't go into the house. There are two types.
    GDTFcFP.jpg

Did you find a world you like?
    If you want, you can have the world files to see if you can edit it to your liking. :)
    Z1MVUD6.jpg

rVEVKMz.jpg

5AxJDjv.jpg
    I put a park in while testing.

ox4lKvL.jpg

8WjWRbq.jpg

oVT3CoZ.jpg

O1fewtY.jpg

Wooooow that looks gorgeous! Sorry my late reply, I had to hunker down and finish a project I was working on. But whoa that looks so nice! I would love to poke around in it. <3
  • dorneviperdorneviper Posts: 52 Member
    RFlong7 my favorite world builder!! Holbston is beautiful! ..I love it! Thank you for making dependable beautiful worlds! My 3 fav RFlong7 worlds: Ridgeview in Summer..Industrial Island(cleaned up version) and now Holbston!
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes, this is a lovely world, I've been building in it for the last week. Here's some screenies @Rflong7 -

bYtOMRh.jpg

kI13FnQ.jpg

rpkCmz4.jpg

C8s5wbr.jpg
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited May 2020
    @Pary Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. :mrgreen::cookie:
    RFlong7 my favorite world builder!! Holbston is beautiful! ..I love it! Thank you for making dependable beautiful worlds! My 3 fav RFlong7 worlds: Ridgeview in Summer..Industrial Island(cleaned up version) and now Holbston!

Hi :mrgreen:
    Thank you so much! I'm so happy you enjoy them. :cookie::heart:

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    @Pary
    That is looking great!
    I really wish I had the talent to build my own world, finding
    certain worlds is sometimes a challenge.
    It's simply amazing!! Knocking it out of the park as always!!
  • ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    chojrak wrote: »

- Shigeria by Cappu

Quailhogs' worlds are AMAZING! You'll get so much more than an industrial harbor with them. Especially if you love deep, dark storylines.

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    I'm looking for a new world to play in. It does not have to have any finished lots. Lots placed in CAW, yeah but I can fill the world myself, no problem.

I'm not good at remembering what worlds look like, but what I wish for is:

Beach area (useable beach, quite large area so I can have several beach lots and atleast one beach home)
    Harbor area (more industrial looking)
    Flat normal living area
    Deep forest area, preferably on mountain to get best view of sunsets etc. No view of normal city (unless from height)

That actually sounds a lot like many of the worlds I’ve created, minus the deep forest, since I have to avoid placing too many trees since it tends to cause lag for me. None of my maps however have an industrial looking harbor and the only world that has one that I can think of is EA’s Bridgeport, that came with Late Night.

The world I’m currently working on will technically have multiple beaches, but only a single beach lot, and pretty much the only houses near the beach are either on a cliff over looking the ocean, or they’re mansions.

I might recommend the first world that I created, Kellog Island, but I have no idea where to find it, and I was never able to upload it to the exchange. It was also incredibly laggy since I had no idea what I was doing at the time. Also it was made when the only EP that existed was World Adventures, so even if I could find it and it worked perfectly, it would be missing everything from every other EP