Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Miss Cars?

Let's be honest, do you miss having cars? I feel like they were such a neat feature to at least TS3 (the only edition of Sims I've played besides TS4.) I liked being able to upgrade them as you climbed the financial ladder, much like real life. I feel like they added a dose of realism to the game which is missing in TS4.
Do you miss that feature and would you like cars to be included in future editions of the Sims?
~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~

Comments

• DarkriderDarkrider Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes, I love to have cars and a open world again.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I miss cars, but not because of the gameplay so i don't care if 4's world is closed. I miss having specific bb to build garages and i miss having all kind of car models from really cheap to high end. I miss building a big garage with lots of luxury cars for my millionaires...
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    My favourite mode of transportation in TS3 was the Vespa. Cars were boring because you could only use them to go from one point to another. In TS2 we had cars and it was possible to travel either by car or to walk to lots and many of my sims used the walk option. But cars were fun on their own, you could work on one model to upgrade it and for all other cars you could sit in and listen to music, or woohoo, take car for a spin, and get alarm installed. I miss cars because of the gameplay and the fact that poor sims could buy a beat up car and upgrade it and rich sims a nice sports car, and eventually transportation from point A to pint B was really just a small part of the gameplay associated with cars.
  • misstiggermisstigger Posts: 15 Member
    I miss having cars as I felt they made the game a bit more realistic if thats the type of gameplay you are going for but it doesn't bother me not having them either
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Oh no, I don't miss cars. But I miss horses for sure. Why didn't they come with the Pets pack?
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I liked having cars in both TS2 and TS3. If we do get them for TS4, then I hope they don't skimp out on the animations like they did with TS3 and we can have door opening and climbing in animations. The way this iteration is going though, it will likely be a *poof* and we're in the car! (Much like TS3 was).

I can't say that I miss them though. Would I make use of them if they re-appeared? For sure. I'd be equally fine if they never came back though. As someone else mentioned, I think I do miss more things that came with or because of cars, such as garage doors.
    Oh no, I don't miss cars. But I miss horses for sure. Why didn't they come with the Pets pack?

Because money. Like most things with TS4, the packs have been broken into smaller parts and it's probably why we have more packs than ever before. If a farming pack was ever in the works, they could add horses to that and force people into another pack. ;)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    I miss being able to rebuild the car like we could do in Freetime. But not the cars themselves because I would teleport more Sims to where they needed to go.
  • StripedSimsStripedSims Posts: 23 Member
    Yes. They added a lot of realism. Especially police and things like that
    I have a feeling that it may not be possible to implement cars in TS4 for some reason, and this is why we still don't have police cars and firefighters and, by extension, burglars. I mean, the maid and the repairman show up without a car and that is completely feasible, but you can't really have the police come to make an arrest without a car, or the firefighters show up without a truck. Hence, no firefighters, no police, no burglars.
  • misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    No, I really don't miss cars in the sims game. Cars became a major issue in the sims 3 and in the sims 2 they didn't drive anywhere. The sims 3 they would leave the cars in the middle of the road or purchase to many cars while your not playing with them and this became a issue for the game crashing. There are many CC's cars you can download just to sit in the driveway I'm sure of it just like the sims 1.
    new.png
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't miss them, never cared about them. I hope they are added for people that want them, but I don't care at all myself
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    misty4m wrote: »
    No, I really don't miss cars in the sims game. Cars became a major issue in the sims 3 and in the sims 2 they didn't drive anywhere. The sims 3 they would leave the cars in the middle of the road or purchase to many cars while your not playing with them and this became a issue for the game crashing. There are many CC's cars you can download just to sit in the driveway I'm sure of it just like the sims 1.

That all got straightened out with NRAAS mods so much so that it's not even a major issue.

The reason why TS4 is so boring is because it doesn't have enough things in it to immerse the player. So if you all keep excusing the game for have so little few good features, then no wonder it isn't as good as it can be. For example, you suggested to just use CC cars in TS4. But even in TS2 which is also a closed world, you can fix it up, install an alarm, listen in the car to the radio, kiss/cuddle in the car, even woohoo in the car. All these other people are at least asking for those things. Not just make it a decoration for your lot.

• Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I have a feeling that it may not be possible to implement cars in TS4 for some reason, and this is why we still don't have police cars and firefighters and, by extension, burglars. I mean, the maid and the repairman show up without a car and that is completely feasible, but you can't really have the police come to make an arrest without a car, or the firefighters show up without a truck. Hence, no firefighters, no police, no burglars.

We don't have those realism features like we did in previous editions of Sims because EA got greedy and cut as many corners as they could and only released content they could get us to pay for. I don't think many of us would pay for a pack just to get firefighters, burglars, and policemen. EA could very easily release a patch adding those features (in addition to cars) to the game, like they added toddlers, but they won't.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Yes, I really miss them. That's the item that I'm missing the most in The Sims 4 currently, along with garage doors.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Yes, I do miss them.
  • JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    i don t understand the hype at all. WE ALL KNOW IF CARS ARE COMING TO THE SIMS 4 THEY WILL VANISH WHEN YOU START RIDING THEM SO WHATS THE POINT.

???
    >???
  • JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    Jinkx wrote: »
    i don t understand the hype at all. WE ALL KNOW IF CARS ARE COMING TO THE SIMS 4 THEY WILL VANISH WHEN YOU START RIDING THEM SO WHATS THE POINT.

???
    >???

and nobody asked my opinion about horses but I don't understand the hype for horses either

???
    >???

I look forward to unintentional hilarity when my sim will take out his car from inventory and will place it in the middle of the cafe because he needs to go home. Anyway, rockets vanish into thin air but we still have them in game. Cars will be similar.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I miss when a car would pick Sims up for work. The disappearing act is a little old. I don't miss having one in the driveway. I do remember that making a garage was one of my fave things in Sims 3.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • stxrliqhtcstxrliqhtc Posts: 4 New Member
    I never played previous versions of The Sims (new simmer here!) but I do really want cars and possibly a more open world? From what I've seen of The Sims 2 and 3, the cars are very well implemented, and if they added cars to The Sims 4, it would go a long way. I feel like TS4 isn't as realistic as previous versions, so cars would be great to have in the game, whether open world or not. The feature does seem like it would be extremely glitchy at first, however, and knowing The Sims, it would probably be a game pack or stuff pack. I personally would only use cars if they were a free update, because they're a logical next step to the game.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Nope. Also, they would only function satisfactory in an open world.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    No. Not at all.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Not at all.
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    Loved the animation is S2 and how they could interact inside the cars and I loved how teens could learn how to drive in S3. In S4, they just teleport once they hang out the phone so I don't know how that would work in existing worlds.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member

???
    >???

and nobody asked my opinion about horses but I don't understand the hype for horses either

I am one of those who are dying to get horses. I don't know about other players but my Danish royal legacy will not be the same without horses, because our kings around year 1800, 1900 all loved to ride horses. During World War 2 our king Christian d. 10. was famous for riding through Copenhagen every morning, and riding a white horse across the south border when we reunited with Schleswig.