Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mixology Bars

2...Next

Comments

• Citaro_PheonixCitaro_Pheonix Posts: 11 New Member
    I know this an old thread but I agree with the people wanting more variations of the mixology bars. Yes, you can use Create a Style to recolour and retexture them, but that does not change the main shape of the bar. For example, the dive edition will still have the traditional-styled panel effect when ‘painted’ in block colours; same with the modern edition being slick with a lighted strip if made to look made of wood or metal. Create-a-Style is probably one of my favourite features of the game whenever I go back from S4, but it does only go so far in terms of customisation options.

A few points to just pick out with functionality and coding though, as I noticed it seems some major patches and content have been forgotten about or overlooked when trying to say the creators can’t or won’t do more with it. First of all, I’m going to mentioned The Store.

There is actually quite a bit of content on there that requires you to own certain Expansions, mainly the registration freebies that are only available if you have a new version of the associated EP. For example, The Atomic Age Pets items that need Pets; or the DJ Booth that requires ShowTime. Fair enough, they are freebies, but they still require you to purchase a new version of the pack to register on the store so second-hand copies of the games won’t work in the same way. Although, I have got round this by downloading pirated versions of the freebies that interest me so I can still have them and save money alongside maintaining a disc-based collection.

Secondly, Cross-Expansion unlocks exist. One of which that comes to mind immediately is The Weather Stone that appears in World if you have both Supernatural AND Seasons installed. If you had only one of them, the Stone stayed locked and would not be available in the Debug menu either.
    Other content that was featured in other packs aside from the dance floors mentioned is Hot Tubs. These items were not just something to relax in but also had coding to allow usage as a WooHoo location. Several packs following Late Night after the item’s introduction featured these and more of which were added to the Store. Something else I noted is that Laundry was mentioned, with it’s own coding too to involve animations and moodlets. Again, this was probably not as indepth as the professional bars from Late Night, but something was partially glanced over during discussion.

Going back to Store Content, some items that would’ve had heavy coding involved were the Premium Content ones. The coding may have been isolated to the specific items, but they were quite in-depth and show that the Sims team were capable of creating content in that way. Also, The Pet Store that came with Pets Limited Edition is available here too but requires the Pets Expansion to work fully, especially when you remember the Cash Register exists.

Lastly, there was one patch I can mention that would’ve been pretty major on the programming side; and this was Ocean Swimming. I can imagine the sims being able to Swim in the Ocean would’ve been some serious programming. I’m not thinking about the animation itself this time, I’m thinking about the implimentation with every world they’ve made, because the programmer’s would’ve wanted to ensure this feature was usable in every world that had a coastal body of water (on a beach-like area) like Sunlit Tides, Sunset Valley, Isla Paradiso, Bridgeport, Starlight Shores, and possibly Twinbrook.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top