Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have covid; how are you getting through covid

MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
edited April 2020 in Off Topic Chat
I have to be honest. Its plain awful.
I'm in so much pain.
But thank goodness for ts4.
Im just glad that I am healthy enough to push past this pain and play ts4.
Also my advice. If you can. Not 100% saying you will.
Stay home, sadly I got this virus from members of my family.
But stay home.

Comments

• xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear you have this awful virus :( I pray you get well very soon.

I'm just staying home with my family through this tough time.
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    xLunaSimsx wrote: »
    I'm so sorry to hear you have this awful virus :( I pray you get well very soon.

I'm just staying home with my family through this tough time.

Yes. Stay home. If you can of course.
    I have a 101.2 fever
    I have no tolerance for pain and I tend to be over dramatic when I feel pain according to my sister.
    My sister has asthma and is handling it like a champ!
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Positive thoughts your way, and hopes for your quick return to health, and the health and safety of your family.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Positive thoughts your way, and hopes for your quick return to health, and the health and safety of your family.

Thank you very much!
    edited April 2020
    Btw I take it all back about playing ts4.
    I actually had to stop cause I flat out dont feel well to sit up right now.
    I understand this is a trivial issue but I am searching ways online so I can deal with the pain of sitting up so I can play sims.
    I have serious issues in my life. More than covid. I will not disclose them here because its not appropriate however
    TS4 has been a wonderful coping mechanism for me for so many years. And I have played it through many common colds in my life.
    But ouch covid ouch!!.

Edit: you know what!
    If my sister can push past her pain to do her coursework Im gonna play sims
    It's mainly sneezing, pain, aches, GI issues. Etc...
    But if my sister with asthma can do it. So can I!!
    Post edited by Minai on
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    edited April 2020
    Sorry to hear you have the virus.

You probably shouldn't play the game at all and just lie down. Put a cold wet cloth on your forehead and drink loads of water or cold tea.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'm sorry that you have the virus. Hoping you find strength with each new day. You are in our thoughts!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    Minai wrote: »
    I understand this is a trivial issue but I am searching ways online so I can deal with the pain of sitting up so I can play sims.
    I have serious issues in my life. More than covid. I will not disclose them here because its not appropriate however
    TS4 has been a wonderful coping mechanism for me for so many years. And I have played it through many common colds in my life.
    But ouch covid ouch!!.

Sorry to hear that you have contracted it and hope you make a quick recovery. Don't push yourself to keep Simming - we all enjoy it but try and focus on your own well-being and take a break from the PC. You'll be back to your game before you know it, but feeling much better.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • SimRomanovySimRomanovy Posts: 85 Member
    Gee that's awful. I live in New Zealand and we are in pretty good shape compared to many. For me personally there's little chance of contracting it with current lock down measures and only around 250 active cases in the entire country. Feeling very lucky even though I have had to cancel major travel plans, when I talk to others in worse affected areas it brings home the tragedy of it all. I have some family in Italy and while all of them have been okay they are very much feeling the scale of it and have lost some friends/neighbours.
    AMwKzlQ.png
    Gee that's awful. I live in New Zealand and we are in pretty good shape compared to many. For me personally there's little chance of contracting it with current lock down measures and only around 250 active cases in the entire country. Feeling very lucky even though I have had to cancel major travel plans, when I talk to others in worse affected areas it brings home the tragedy of it all. I have some family in Italy and while all of them have been okay they are very much feeling the scale of it and have lost some friends/neighbours.

I was just hearing on the news that you guys are returning to normal somewhat. Queues at fast food outlets! 😂

NZ seemed to respond very quickly!
    1NraNSJ.png
    > @Ayeffen said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I was just hearing on the news that you guys are returning to normal somewhat. Queues at fast food outlets! 😂
    >
    > NZ seemed to respond very quickly!

Yea so apparently we are on the brink of elimination. Cases going down by about 40 per day. Hopefully by next week will hope ring around zero. We still can’t go out of town or visit friends. Only essential travel/work still but yea the big chains opened today which is good, keeps us all hopeful that normality is on the horizon.
    AMwKzlQ.png
    Yea so apparently we are on the brink of elimination. Cases going down by about 40 per day. Hopefully by next week will hope ring around zero. We still can’t go out of town or visit friends. Only essential travel/work still but yea the big chains opened today which is good, keeps us all hopeful that normality is on the horizon.

That would be amazing and certainly a sign of hope for countries which are worse effected.

The number of new cases is still fluctuating around the 4500/5000 per day mark in the UK so we definitely aren't out of the woods here.
    1NraNSJ.png
    > @Ayeffen said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > That would be amazing and certainly a sign of hope for countries which are worse effected.
    >
    > The number of new cases is still fluctuating around the 4500/5000 per day mark in the UK so we definitely aren't out of the woods here.

Heck!
    AMwKzlQ.png
    Heck!

Heck indeed. It's likely to increase now as they've now expanded testing capacity.
    1NraNSJ.png
    Ayeffen wrote: »
    Minai wrote: »
    But ouch covid ouch!!.

Sorry to hear that you have contracted it and hope you make a quick recovery. Don't push yourself to keep Simming - we all enjoy it but try and focus on your own well-being and take a break from the PC. You'll be back to your game before you know it, but feeling much better.

Yeah I gave it up for now.
    I woke up ill.
    Im isolated in my bedroom and want water but i dont want to ask for it because Im paranoid I'll spread it