Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you "discover" a mermaid?

I have searched the Answer HQ to find out why some premade mermaids don't get their tails when they go into water, and why it doesn't fill their hydration bar. The answer was that they need to be discovered as mermaids. How do I do that, please?

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    There is also a bug where some randomly generated mersims don't have a spesific trait, that gives them the hydration bar, and they are missing their tails.

But to discover the premade mersims, you become friends (of course, what else) with them and ask them. You'd need a pretty high relationship (not sure how high), otherwise they will deny it. After that they will swim in their merform. Also, if one of them is doing their "dolphin" sounds, you can have your sim ask about it. You'll have to be in the right place at the right time.

Not sure if the rest of the mersims are "discovered" if you play a mersim yourself. At least I think the premades do.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Thanks I have done it thanks to you. Now will she be able to swim with her proper mermaid tail and gain hydration?