Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hope that one of the things that is subject to change is the name "Plopsy"

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @MissyHissy Thanks! I had no idea this was a thing. I like it.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I think they're trying to make it sounds similar to plumbob, hence it's called plopsy?

Now I'm hoping they will switch the name to Plumsy or something. That definitely doesn't make me cringe in the same way Plopsy does.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    I'm fine with Plopsy, I just don't want the pack to be named "Luv 2 Knit Stuff".
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Melmack wrote: »
    I have no idea what this is refering to, but 'plopsy' sounds like a toddlers word for poop.
    With you on this. 1st thing that came to mind when I read it. Can't believe they would be so childish as to come up with a name like that.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Lol there’s a guy named Goopy Gilscarbo and a family named Pancakes. Plopsy seems par for the course.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member

You're welcome! :)
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

Me, too. It has the sound of 'Etsy', and it's cute.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    It sounds like a rabbits name
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    sounds like a potty joke! "Oohhh Mummy, I did a PLOPSY!" I am laughing so hard I can barely type!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    sounds like a potty joke! "Oohhh Mummy, I did a PLOPSY!" I am laughing so hard I can barely type!

Seriously? I don't think it sounds like a potty joke at all
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    I love this conversation. :D

I'll admit, the name made me cringe a little. But then I shrugged it off. And while I'd prefer a different name like Plumsy, Popsy, Fopsy or even Sim-Bay, I don't think it will matter that much in the end.
    #Team Occult
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I'm not wasting my energy (at least not much of it) on this name, but it confuses be a tad that Plopsy sounds like being unsuccessful - your craft quality goes down the drain - rather than building a successful business. I have a problem matching the name with a successful market place, as I kinda expect it to be filled up with not so talented works.
    - Hey, I'm done with the sweater, dear, but it did not turn out as I expected. I better trash it... no wait, I could try selling it on Plopsy, I'm sure someone might actually buy it!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I love this conversation. :D

I'll admit, the name made me cringe a little. But then I shrugged it off. And while I'd prefer a different name like Plumsy, Popsy, Fopsy or even Sim-Bay, I don't think it will matter that much in the end.

I would have preferred each of those suggestions over plopsy. But the gameplay attached to it interests me more than the name.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,874 Member
    I'll admit plopsy is a bit odd. Could it be the simlish translation of Etsy ? Sounds like a pet name.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    There are many selling apps in real life with goofy names. Plopsy is cute and fits Sims imo
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I asked a teen what they thought of with the word plopsy and they said, "The mind of an 8 year old. Probably some dumb potty joke?" rest my case.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    It's just a name.
    I think we have better things to complain about in this game.
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Asked a teen about Plopsy. First reaction: "What the heck is a plopsy, sounds like a Dr. Who thing"
    Explained context: "Okay, that is cute."

Anecdotal thoughts aren't universal, of course. I think my daughter (the aforementioned teen) is more excited about the idea of selling items online in the game than she is concerned about the name.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I like Plopsy, it's cute :D
  • ThatPlumbobRobThatPlumbobRob Posts: 295 Member
    I think Plopsy sounds fine, it's probably cause you 'plop' something onto the store. As long as the pack isn't luv 2 knit

3iv0MGa.png
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Sounds fine to me...
    I mean when you start listing it with others it takes me back to my childhood and I feel like it fits right in with Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail & Peter haha.

• CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    Yeah plopsy to me sounds like some thing you do in the toilet, that was my immediate reaction, but I can't see them changing it
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Simmivie wrote: »
    It's just a name.

Honestly the only thing to complain about is the name Plopsy.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Hard disagree.
    It being a "parody of a website" is exactly what makes it a perfect Sims name.

Look at some of the object descriptions sometime.
    wJbomAo.png
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    Simmivie wrote: »
    It's just a name.

Honestly the only thing to complain about is the name Plopsy.

In my opinion the broken emotion system, lack of sims personalities, lifestages being left out, objects recycling are more important topics to complain about than a name of feauture which doesn't change any gameplay.
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR