Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who has been your biggest inspiration in life?

JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
(A more-positive topic, lol)

For me, it would be my 16 year old brother. He just has a really good heart. He's basically the human version of my dog.
When he was 12, he decided he wanted to help the poor. So all on his own, he spent the day baking cookies and brownies, and he set up shop at the local grocery store and had a bake sale. He donated all the money to a homeless shelter and ended up in the paper. :) It made me tear up.
He's smart, sympathetic, strong, polite, and has the utmost respect for women. And he's the life of the party - the funniest kid I've ever met (a lot of people can only be funny by being mean/negative - this kid is hilarious without having to put anyone down)
His opinion of me has a greater affect on me than anyone else. I just really want to be someone he can look up to - I don't ever want him to see me doing bad things and think being bad is better than being good.
He loves me unconditionally and he's the first person I think about when I think, "What if something bad happened to me...?"

Feel free to write a novel. Writes of passion (who inspires you) are the best reads :)

side challenge: show what you write to the person it's about - I bet it'll mean the world to them
(lol, I know this sounds like a kindegarten question, but if you're at all familiar with me, you shouldn't be surprised by the sappiness)

Comments

• plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I don't know anyone - so, I'm choosing me. Me it is then.

I like me because I like playing computer games and I like me because I like eating stuff.
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited November 2014
    Hm, that's a tough one. The first person that comes to mind is my beautiful mother, but there are some things that always stand in the way of me being able to fully admire her (I hate saying that because I love her so much, but it's true.) I love all my siblings dearly and, despite the fact that he 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off and insults me all the time, I do love my dad, but none of them really inspire me. And I would go with myself, except that I don't really like myself that much. So, I'm going to go with Atticus Finch, because he's everything I wish my own parents could've been. Even when he's surrounded by all these bigoted and ignorant people, he still works hard to remain a good and decent man and an incredible father to his kids. He never puts his own wishes first and he always does his best to do the right thing. He thinks for himself and allows others to do the same. They all sound like very simple things, but those are some of the hardest things for a lot of people—myself included—to do. He inspires me to stop allowing myself to feel the persistent waves of self-pity and self-hatred that go through my head and he inspires me to take the hard experiences I've had and use them to make myself stronger. He's a fictional character, sure, but he's done so much more for me than any real person has, and I'll always, always love To Kill a Mockingbird because of that.

(And on a related note, Gregory Peck is an actor that inspires me to no end, because his portrayal of Atticus in the film was shockingly, beautifully, inexplicably flawless, and he was such a great person offscreen that I can't help but smile whenever I see him. I really wish I could have met him before his death in 2003.)
    44444.gif
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Justine keaton
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    People who inspired me and how they inspired me:

My Mom, she was a pure angel taken too soon. I wanted to follow her footsteps but realized she was one of a kind. Could not be replaced! RIP

My Dad, he was stubborn, bull headed and held grudges. I am just like him but I try every day to be nice about it, LOL (may he RIP one day)

My Brothers, 3 stooges at that, they inspired me to walk away with nothing instead of fighting, to speak my mind instead of being silent, and to not talk to people I cant stand! Needless to say, I don't speak to them anymore!

My Baby Brother, we have my mom and dad both who inspired us. We go thru a lot of the same things and because we have so much in common, we try to inspire each other to be good, LOL

My co-worker, she always said "if you have nothing good to say about someone, don't say anything" She has inspired me to try to live by this!

My husband, after sweeping everything under the rug for 35 years, there is no more room for sweeping. He has inspired me to just totally ignore him!

My kids, they have inspired me to keep calm, don't stress, things aren't worth relapsing over, and reminds me everyone looks up to me! (I am 6 ft tall) My kids are my world and I am blessed and inspired for how they have turned out <3

The forums, they take your opinion and twist it. If anything you don't agree on, then it gets turned to negativity or worse. They inspired me to try to nice and analyze the way I word things, LOL

I think everyday we are inspired by something or someone.
    I can look up to the sky and know I have someone watching over me!
    Don't know if my post even fits in here, but I have been inspired by these people in my life :p

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Will Wright
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    I would be lying if i didn't say god had an impact . As for my poetry Shell Silvertein . Other people who have had an impact a friend named Carmine who i never would of known if it wasnt for online gaming shes been there for me when i had no one else to turn to and has been the most positive impact in my life .
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    When I was little, I wanted to be just like my eldest brother because he was so intelligent and handsome and had so many friends. Now that I am older I can see how tortured he actually was (he was killed when I was a teenager in a mugging gone bad) - how he constantly struggled to be absolutely prefect so that our parents would be proud of him. I've learned from his example, though, that it is best to be true to yourself and not worry about impressing other people.

And looking back, I can see one person in my family who lived like that - my Aunt Bernice. She was an amazing woman; her husband abandoned her after World War II and she raised her daughter by herself. She became an office manager in a time when women were not supposed to work outside the home. She worked very hard so that her daughter, my cousin, could attend private schools and go to college (she always wanted a college education but never had the chance). She had a hard life and was tough - but always a lady. I admire her more than I can say. I hope that I am half the woman that she was.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Justine keaton

eec.jpg
  • MLJ28aMLJ28a Posts: 320 Member
    Will Wright
    Cookie_in_response_to_give_that_man_a_cookie.jpg

zD4X8.gif
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    My parents - both of them. Because of my father I have a good strong work ethic, but I would and emotionally distant person if not for my mother, who was a very caring and "there" parent (she was able to be a stay at home mother and provided me with much of my "common sense" teachings) . I'm glad I have the mix because if I had just one I'd be completely unbalanced.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Songs. They inspire me to write stories and this game helps me reenact them. My stories are found in my signature and on my threads <3

About life? None that I can think of right now.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    MYy godmother. She is such an amazing and great woman, and I love her so much.