Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @JojoMOMSTER You're very welcome, glad I could help! :)
  • XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    @Leaxxie We're already able to stack multiple staircases on top of each other. All you have to do is demolish the wall part under the stair before you try to stack it.

And I would like to second @VYX about not having the camera jump around when we move and there happens to be a tree or something under where the camera is supposed to be. It's super annoying. Sometimes Always when I move around, it's because I want a better look at the area I'm working on. There has never been a time when this camera jump thing has been a good thing. Never. I don't understand why it was ever implemented in the first place.
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Hellooooo,

Just some meandering thoughts in my skull that I thought I would pass along.

MOO: What problems might occur, if MOO was just switched on, at all times, for everyone? I love MOO. They love MOO. Cows love MOO. It brings much more feeling to a build. More realism in placing items, (in some cases, maybe not) For my part, it seems a shame that when people do use it, others have to remember, or even know what it is, or when they download a build, it will look silly and things will be missing. Not to mention how touchy it is about placement. Because of that, it seems almost a shame to, and I hate to use the word punish, but punish builers for trying to make their reations look the best that they can.

Cutouts- We have Door Frames or Arches. How about Cutouts for Fireplaces and bookcases, for that built ins look? As of right now if you lose the wall, you lose the wall and have dead space above and if they are placed, when they fit in an arch or doorway, the Sims lose the ability to use the item. Of coure, because of the tile size and no ability to place items on the half tile, the items placed within the cutout would have to bind to the cutout itself, and not the back wall. Or.....

Half Tile Placement - I think that speaks for itself.

Anywhoo, I think that's it. Thanks for listening. ♥
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    It would be nice to have a « concrete » terrain paint, otherwise it’s hard to make parking lots (around stores, bowlings etc).
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    It would be nice to have a « concrete » terrain paint, otherwise it’s hard to make parking lots (around stores, bowlings etc).

There is a couple of stained concretes and Tarmac in flooring.
  • rcm_113rcm_113 Posts: 5 New Member
    Don’t know if this has been mentioned, I did read about 10 pages🙂... but a half fridge that slides into the counters(like the dishwasher does) would really help these tiny builds.
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    edited March 2020
    A few things:

- being able to adjust wall thickness (per wall! So not one wall thickness for every wall in the house)
    - octagonal roof placement needs to be fixed, it's garbage now
    - roofs shouldn't stick out into the house
    - curved walls, please :<
    - being able to adjust the angle of stairs, make them steeper or less steep
    - ramps added to stairs options
    - being able to add wall trims separately from paint/wallpaper/etc
    - being able to search/filter for things based on how much space it occupies on the grid (one square, two squars, etc)
    - being able to search/filter for things based on where they can be placed (shelf, dinner table, desk, etc)
    - surely this has already been mentioned many times before, but different wall heights for different rooms!

All of these things would make a massive difference to the building experience! ^_^
  • PitlordMaggiePitlordMaggie Posts: 390 Member
    I agree with @rcm_113 , when I saw the mini fridges for dorm rooms I got excited because I thought 'Finally I can place a fridge in counter', but no :#
  • KaitlinMarieKaitlinMarie Posts: 58 Member
    I definitely want different foundation levels. I can think of tons of houses off hand that have steps down into the garage or maybe just another room. I really agree with the roofs not cutting into houses. This drives me crazy!
    Gallery name: Kaitlinxo143
  • AvyMoAvyMo Posts: 3 New Member
    please make it so we can use the eye dropper tool on roof trims!!!! <3 ;)
  • Meer123Meer123 Posts: 2 New Member
    whenever I try to build a second floor it won't let me build a roof on top because it shows that there's no ceiling can anyone help?
    also I try to change the colour of the exterior walls but it only comes out as a dark colour even if I choose a light colour
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    @Meer123 I have had the missing floor bug a few times myself. I found it was glass roofs causing the issue. If you are using a glass roof anywhere else in the build try removing it to see if that fixes the issue. It could also be the glass floor piece that came with Island living, that too has caused the disappearing floor bug.
    If you don't have either of those on your lot try repairing the game.

If it IS the glass roof, replace it with a normal roof, save your build and move it to a new lot and try putting the glass roof back. I managed to fix mine that way, but you may need to just remove it altogether.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    Can we have short single Silk curtains so we don't suddenly have our lots break because we used the Alt key to move a desk away from a curtain and too close to the door? I don't like the long curtains cutting through the desk and making it look weird. Or allow us to put the double silk short curtains on a window over a chair that's been placed beside a window. I had to redesign a interior because the front door on the lot stopped working after hours of playing the lot because I used the Alt key to slightly move the desk away from the window that was next to the front door.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    In rooms that are higher than the standard room height, some of the objects placed on the walls cannot be placed at a height that is in accordance with sims height, like mirrors, kitchen cupboards, paper towel dispensers, etc. Wish they would correct this.
    Also, mirrors and windows frames can be scaled up and down but not their glass pane and mirror surface, it would be nice if they made these to scale up and down as well.
    @crocobaura I'm not quite sure what you mean about the height placements. Haven't mirrors always been fixed at their individual specific heights regardless of the room height (I mean, no matter how tall the room is, the mirror is always the same distance from the floor) and haven't we always been able to choose the height placement of all kitchen cupboards and other wall decorations? Are there exceptions to this?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    Xinqun wrote: »
    @crocobaura I'm not quite sure what you mean about the height placements. Haven't mirrors always been fixed at their individual specific heights regardless of the room height (I mean, no matter how tall the room is, the mirror is always the same distance from the floor) and haven't we always been able to choose the height placement of all kitchen cupboards and other wall decorations? Are there exceptions to this?

I don't know if there are exceptions, but sometimes it's not possible to move wall decors up or down and this usually happens on taller and tallest wall heights. Regarding mirrors I wasn't aware they are supposed to be standard height placement as some are obviously placed too high and some too low, so maybe they should be made to be movable too as they are wall decor too.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I don't know if there are exceptions, but sometimes it's not possible to move wall decors up or down and this usually happens on taller and tallest wall heights. Regarding mirrors I wasn't aware they are supposed to be standard height placement as some are obviously placed too high and some too low, so maybe they should be made to be movable too as they are wall decor too.

The only time I've ever had a wall thing behave like that was with a convex corner cabinet -- you know, the cabinet piece for wrapping around a 270-degree corner if you ever happen to have an L-shaped kitchen. Presumably it behaves properly when attached to an actual 270-degree corner, but I dislike wrapping around those corners so I never do; but if it isn't attached to such a corner, it defaults to the ceiling and is pretty much impossible to get down. Otherwise, I've never seen what you describe happen with anything else.
  • KaylaxCapersKaylaxCapers Posts: 69 Member
    The only problem I seem to have with build mode in general is the camera - sometimes when I want to see the build and pan the camera around, it will jump up and down the screen - I think this is because I'm trying to look at the building as a whole, and not a particular floor. However I feel sometimes you need to see the building/areas as a whole to make sure it looks right, so the camera jumps can be tricky to navigate. Not sure if anything can be done for that or not - but I am managing just fine if not! :)
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    @KaylaxCapers Twisted Mexi has a build mode tab mode camera if helps.
  • KaylaxCapersKaylaxCapers Posts: 69 Member
    @JojoMOMSTER Thanks, I'll check it out!
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    I'd love it if you could have your creations autosaved in-game versus having it saved to your computer device. Sometimes it becomes inconvenient wanting to continue your work when you're limited to where you can store it. It's just a little weird to have it "saved" in your library or showcase, but not permanently in case your device breaks or whatever the unfortunate case may be. That way when I'm worried about losing my saves, I still have that to look forward to.
    @hellokitty1496 They used to do auto saves, but for some reason had to remove it.
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    Kementari wrote: »
    @hellokitty1496 They used to do auto saves, but for some reason had to remove it.

I'm curious what they switched that out for 🤔. Because, I'm a little upset for the amount of stuff I had saved only for it to be gone. I wish it was similar to how TS2 and TS3 exchange was like with this versions twist.

@hellokitty1496 "It was removed because it often overwrote our own saves we specifically saved for some unknown reason - last I heard. It was more trouble than it was worth as it also didn't let us roll back to the last good save - so now we can do that"
    I read that from a post by @Writin_Reg
    @hellokitty1496 I'm not sure what you mean by "autosaved" in this context. Do you mean that you should be able to store the current version of a build project in the cloud, not on your computer? "Autosaved" usually means that the game will automatically save the current game world (not just the build project!) every few minutes without you having to do anything -- in my experience, this was always done onto the computer, though I suppose it's possible to do it to the cloud instead.

Bottom line is: is it that you want to save things to somewhere that isn't your computer, in case your computer breaks down and you lose the saves you made there? If so, there is apparently a way to set up the game so the default saves folder is actually a cloud drive, though I haven't tried it. See Answer 3 here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/If-I-install-The-sims-4-on-two-PC-s-will-it-sync-saves/td-p/4333989