Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts on another supernatural pack?

2...Next

Comments

• Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    At this point, it'd be weird if they didn't do a full expansion dedicated to supernaturals.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    That comes under already done. The latest blog mentions things like surprises and the game pack being 'a first'. They could well be thinking of doing something entirely new. Remember this is EA, the masters of the easy way out.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2020
    I wouldn't mind a death pack with zombies life state again and cemetery lots. It would be nice to have a real dystopian world with it with worn out everything. Could be a nice pack to bring back fix up cars and dumpster diving and dump lots too. I also want zombies babies, toddlers, and children to do something too like eat brain food and chew on teddy bears with brain hats.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a death pack with zombies life state again and cemetery lots. It would be nice to have a real dystopian world with it with worn out everything. Could be a nice pack to bring back fix up cars and dumpster diving and dump lots too. I also want zombies babies, toddlers, and children to do something too like eat brain food and chew on teddy bears with brain hats.

This is what Strangerville could've been like if EA had any grit. With enough exposure, the spore slowly rots at your brain and turns you. A zombie fungi rather than the typical virus you see in horror - it's unique. It's not like family players really bought Strangerville anyway. I unfortunately think this is too macabre for TS4.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    Wishful thinking: Fairies, Genies, Hinds, Centors & Syphix.

Reality Maybe: Werewolves & Gypsies.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    That comes under already done. The latest blog mentions things like surprises and the game pack being 'a first'. They could well be thinking of doing something entirely new. Remember this is EA, the masters of the easy way out.

The Game Pack is something new. The Expansion Pack "will be a surprise to many of you" - they think. And maybe not a surprise to everyone. Which says to me that the Expansion Pack is something that some people want, but aren't necessarily expecting to get. So it could be a pack with supernaturals done in a surprising (but not necessarily new) way. Could also be something for families done in a surprising (but not necessarily new) way. Could be something for Supernatural Family play.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Magnezone wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »

This is what Strangerville could've been like if EA had any grit. With enough exposure, the spore slowly rots at your brain and turns you. A zombie fungi rather than the typical virus you see in horror - it's unique. It's not like family players really bought Strangerville anyway. I unfortunately think this is too macabre for TS4.
    Yeah that would have been cool. I think they were making it like Stranger Things show. Would have been nice to have a Plant Sim update with that pack too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Drbigt wrote: »
    Really not interested in a supernatural pack. Most of the ones that I really care about (Vampires and magic) are already in along with others that I am at all remotely interested in (Mermaids and Plant people). I have 0 interest in anything else supernatural, unless we start to do do something totally different like Vampire Hunters. That could be cool.

You can sort of create vampire hunters. If you mix and carry the Ultimate Vampire Cure drink you have the option to "slay" the vampire. Basically you fight and if you win you throw the drink in their face and they turn human.

The only supernatural I'm still waiting for is Werewolves. I would buy a death/zombie/happy haunts/expanded ghosts pack if they made one. Not sure I'd bother with fairies or anything else I can think of.

I also want more family play stuff. More vacation worlds with activities for all ages. More group activities for families to do together. More short term goals for children and teens. More to set teens apart from young adults. More toys of different types, and I want the toymaking bench back.

Hopefully they'll keep putting out more for both. I would not be surprised if there was no supernatural pack in 2020, after we got mermaids, spellcasters, and the mother plant in 2019. But I do hope for werewolves eventually.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'd like a dragon-themed gamepack and I know there is at least one other person who wants it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    Of course we deserve another Supernatural themed pack. We were robbed with that tiny town of Shrunkenbrook Glimmerbook and there are so many flaws that need to be updated with occult states. Children should be able to perform magic, or even limited spells or at least do something that hints at growing powers. Mermaid children should have fins and other offspring should have some hint to their powers. Vampire kids doing short superspeed runs on "accident". Alien kids should be able to empathize. They gave Supernatural aficionados half of the stick.
    tenor.gif?itemid=7373624
    I'd like a dragon-themed gamepack and I know there is at least one other person who wants it.

@Mariefoxprice83 I HAVE BEEN SAYING THE SAME THING. I'm currently reading A Storm of Swords and it just makes me want little dragon pets even more. Or it'd even be nice if they'd be as intricate with breeds in like in the Cats and Dogs expansions. I could see them fitting into a Fantasy Expansion that comes with fairies, werewolves, genies, medieval clothing and a world built in that theme. Ugh.
    tenor.gif?itemid=11233558

edited April 2020
    Duende wrote: »

@Mariefoxprice83 I HAVE BEEN SAYING THE SAME THING. I'm currently reading A Storm of Swords and it just makes me want little dragon pets even more. Or it'd even be nice if they'd be as intricate with breeds in like in the Cats and Dogs expansions. I could see them fitting into a Fantasy Expansion that comes with fairies, werewolves, genies, medieval clothing and a world built in that theme. Ugh.
    tenor.gif?itemid=11233558

That would absolutely be amazing. Did you get to play the little dragons we had in the Sims 3 store? They were very cute and I loved them, though I would very much love to have bigger dragons that sims could actually ride, this time round.

Also high five for A Storm of Swords. :) I've been a fan of that book since its release - I bought it a few months after the original release, with some of my Christmas money, having already been a fan of the first 2 books. :)
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
    @Mariefoxprice83

I just finished A Storm of Swords last night and I'm moving onto A Feast For Crows. And yes I enjoooyed The Sims 3 Dragon Valley. I wish they would give us a medieval world with occults anddragons too in TS4.
    Duende wrote: »
    @Mariefoxprice83

I just finished A Storm of Swords last night and I'm moving onto A Feast For Crows. And yes I enjoooyed The Sims 3 Dragon Valley. I wish they would give us a medieval world with occults anddragons too in TS4.

I so envy you reading the books for the first time. I have been able to read some of GRRM's pre-ASOIAF work for the first time in the last couple of years, and the first volume of his Targaryen history as well, but with the latter, some of it was content I was already familiar with from previous releases. I really hope we get The Winds of Winter this year.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I would love an expanded 'Sixam'/space pack, not necessarily futuristic stuff but just more alien stuff like being able to build spaceships (just floating lots with lots of deco rocks floating about and planets going past to give the illusion of movement (could work like clouds where they just rotate)) and/or an alien city with apartment/arcology type neighbourhood where sims could live on top of one another (not sure how that would work but a girl can dream! :smile: ) That would be really cool to me and you wouldn't necessarily have to include aliens per se.

AND/OR
    (preferably and...)

I would also like to see a medieval/history pack that combined fairytale elements with werewolves and/or fairies. I really wanted the dev team to go this route with Realm of Magic but they went for a Art Nouveau theme instead (which tbf is really pretty). They could include an enchanted forest and I'd love to see a hidden fairy neighbourhood where all the world objects were bigger and the lots were placed on tree branches to give the illusion that sims were tiny and high up in the trees. I'm not quite sure how that would work either but the team has been trying different things with the worlds lately (floating islands in RoM) so who knows...

Also dragons would be cool but I'd like it if they were a boss type object like in Strangerville where your sim has to fight it to get a rare treasure or something. I think that would be so cool!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    If I can only get one supernatural this year, then I really want WEREWOLVES please.