Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires don't break in anymore?

Comments

• simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I remember vampires walking in then walking out. I always keep my sim's front door/gate locked to keep uninvited guests out.

I still get vampires showing up anywhere between 6 pm and 11 pm and knocking on the door. No one answers it of course because, well 1) 6 pm is dinnertime and 2) they're all (or should be) in bed before or by 11 pm.
    I like having vampires in my game. I bought the pack because I wanted to.
    The only thing I don't really like about them is they hiss too often and they burn up in the sun too easily even with the vampire points spent on the one where sun doesn't bother them and even if I don't choose the hissing one (which I never do)
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Had 2 at same time yesterday ganging up on 1 house, Vlad & Caleb. MCC is your friend. Found a command to make them go away.
  • NovemberThursdayNovemberThursday Posts: 5 New Member
    They shouldn't have nerfed them, they should just have an enable/disable vampire break ins option. I usually play more realistic games where constant vampire breakins would be annoying, but sometimes I go for an occult generation (why I bought the vamp pack), where I'd like for the full features of the pack being available.
  • ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    Hi, thanks you guys for all the comments! So vampire break-in still exist then. I have vampire pack for over a month now and still no break-in at all. I'm waiting for them like a kid waiting for Santa :'( please pray for me :D
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I've only had Vlad with his usual "welcome to the hood" thing. I lock the doors, so he can't get in, but he still managed to mesmerize my sim through the wall.....? The *bleep*...?

I'm usually playing in Sulani, Mua Pel'am, with Private Dwelling lot trait (especially if my sims have started to gain fame). The vamps don't seem to manage to find their way to my houses there.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Vampires do still break in, you just have to trigger it. Every new save, I always hope to never trigger only to learn that it does not matter what I do. While it may only be once, I hate it. I had hoped, that ignoring them would be enough. Now, I delete the main 3 entirely. I use the furniture from that pack for my Victorian/Edwardian era builds. It is a shame the furnishing style is tied to the life state I dislike.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited April 2020
    I haven't had a vampire break in in over a year. It's ridiculous to me that I paid for VAMPIRES only for vampires to be nerfed because the reality club couldn't handle paying for VAMPIRES.

And yet, people keep crying for burglars...

It's so selfish 😭😭😭😭😭 there is a lot of things I don't like but I never complained for it to be taken away from people who might enjoy it. I'll never get over the nerfed vampires. 😔
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Well, Vlad just broke into my sims' apartment. He tried again next day.
    Zorelora wrote: »
    Hi, thanks you guys for all the comments! So vampire break-in still exist then. I have vampire pack for over a month now and still no break-in at all. I'm waiting for them like a kid waiting for Santa :'( please pray for me :D

Certainly. But I believe Bossman has more important things for you than a vampire beak-in.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I just had one in-game last night. He didn't actually bite my Sim though, which was weird. I do have mods in though. (SOL mainly with a few smaller mods fixing vampire mermaid hybrids and allowing schooling from home).
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    edited April 2020
    Did they really tone it down??? Ew that’s awful! Way to ruin a good thing. Let’s complain so much that we tone down everything. If there was people annoyed by the break in why follow some game rules and put garlic up or don’t buy the pack OR go to manage world evict and delete your vampires and just use the other content. Hey the sun in the games to bright can we do something about that... (sarcasm) #annoyed
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Did they really tone it down??? Ew that’s awful! Way to ruin a good thing. Let’s complain so much that we tone down everything. If there was people annoyed by the break in why follow some game rules and put garlic up or don’t buy the pack OR go to manage world evict and delete your vampires and just use the other content. Hey the sun in the games to bright can we do something about that... (sarcasm) #annoyed

They did it with the aliens too. :( I think part of the reason mermaids came out so lackluster is because they kept them toned from the start since every other occult had to get nerfed because of the complaints.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Those who don't want occults but buy/bought the packs anyway: get mods to remove and prevent them, and let those who DO want occults keep them as they are.

They might as well scrap TS5 right now, because if those who complain, get triggered or offended wins, its not going to be a game I want to pay for and play. I can see it now: no occults, no fires or death, we can only adopt babies/toddlers, and only after your sims are married. Every sim is always happy all the time, no negative emotions or moodlets, ever. There will only be safe, wholesome careers and you will reach the top of that career within a sim week. And then you live happily ever after.
  • ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    Hi does anyone seeing vampire break-in lately? I just triggered a break-in via mod :'( it’s nothing serious at all!! They just come and go and sim got a negative moodlet and drained energy. People really can’t stand a negative moodlet? Sims 4 is hopeless now :'(
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Hi does anyone seeing vampire break-in lately? I just triggered a break-in via mod :'( it’s nothing serious at all!! They just come and go and sim got a negative moodlet and drained energy. People really can’t stand a negative moodlet? Sims 4 is hopeless now :'(

They seem to break in every time my sims move to a new household lot.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hi does anyone seeing vampire break-in lately? I just triggered a break-in via mod :'(

Three days ago Vlad visited my single female sim in her apartment, no bite because of garlic. I don't use mods.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I have never had a vampire break into my house, ever.
    Had one a little while back and Vlad paid the price for chowing down on one of my sims. Another use for MCC!
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Guys! Guess what? Vlad broke into my sims house and did the bitey thing. The first break-in I've had in quite a while. Also, same game later on, for the first time ever Caleb (or any vampire) ASKED if my sim would like to be turned. Awesome!

I was playing a new game and had a female sim who hit it off with Joaquin and they got married. They had become friends with Caleb, she more than him. Caleb invited Joaquin over to "talk over something" and they chatted for a while and then Caleb offered to turn Joaquin. I debated, I would rather have had my created lady sim Turned but I thought, why not.

I'm still waiting to see if I get an autonomous Turn at some point. I guess that's disabled by The Sims now but I'm hoping MCCC will do it.

Joaquin is a turning out to be a pretty nice spouse and father, BTW, it's the first time I've played him. This couple is turning out to be one of those extra compatible couples that go together well.
  • gothiclolitaplgothiclolitapl Posts: 94 Member
    i think after the patch the only vampires that can break in are the ones with vampire power 'always welcome' or whatever its called. in my main save my human sim was drank from by a vampire who broke into his house that I made and played with before in that save so I know which perks she had and not only she drank form him she took his spirit so he lost his memories of all relationships and this whole thing happened autonomously
    Origin ID: blackrosespl
    My tumblr: https://blackrose-p-sims.tumblr.com/
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 113 Member
    i think after the patch the only vampires that can break in are the ones with vampire power 'always welcome' or whatever its called. in my main save my human sim was drank from by a vampire who broke into his house that I made and played with before in that save so I know which perks she had and not only she drank form him she took his spirit so he lost his memories of all relationships and this whole thing happened autonomously

Did he seek revenge?
  • gothiclolitaplgothiclolitapl Posts: 94 Member
    > @TheFlyingGentleman said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Did he seek revenge?

how was he supposed to if he didn't have any memories? and funnily enough, because all of his close family members were celebrities and he wasn't, because he lost his memories of relationships with hem he couldn't even approach his family. so I ended up playing it as a storyline of 'a man who lost all his memories trying to build a new life' I could've gone and played the vampire to make her 'return the life spirit' but I was like 'nah' finally something interesting is going on
    Origin ID: blackrosespl
    My tumblr: https://blackrose-p-sims.tumblr.com/
  • ZebSimsZebSims Posts: 67 Member
    It's been months since I last had a vampire break-in in one of my games. I wish it would happen more often, since gameplay I haven't planned is something I find most interesting (and somewhat lacking) about Sims 4.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    It's really unfair that people who bought the Vampire pack complained about too many Vampire breakins. And now there's hardly any. Obviously you don't want nightly interruptions but something approximately once a month would be nice.

I've also noticed a lot less aliens.

We have all this supernatural stuff and people complain when it shows up. I love supernatural stuff.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I think I did have break ins in the beginning, but none in a long time. And I have plenty of vampires in my main save. But yeah, it's only Vlad stopping by to say welcome and he never does anything major. (I enjoy him, he's an 🐸🐸🐸🐸.)

I get how getting turned could mess up one's game if you're telling a certain story, but if I really didn't want it for one of my played sims, I would just cheat them back to normal. I'd rather have the risk.