Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Items to be sold on 'plopsy'

Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
So far the blog posts states
Not only can knitted objects be listed on Plopsy, but so can things like Paintings and Woodworking sculptures too!
I like the idea to sell more than just woodworks but I hope the list can be expanded further

I would like to be able to sell:
- knitted items (confirmed)
- paintings (confirmed)
- woodworks (confirmed)
- spellcaster potions
- outdoor retreat potions
- collectibles like the my sims trophies or void critter cards.

What do you guys think?

(Ps. This is supposed to be a discussion about the gameplay of the feature, not the rather silly name. There are other threads for that topic)

Comments

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I hope we can sell more too, and that the Sims that buy them actually get them
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    I would also like to be able to sell all my archeology artifacts that way and if my other sims buy them then they can place them in their homes , not just everything is sold online never to be seen again
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Sounds like an interesting idea. So you think the sold items actually show up in the buyers inventory? I hope that will be a thing.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited April 2020
    How about:

- flower arrangements
    - crafts and projects made by kids/teens
    - robots
    - any collectables (fossils, Sulani treasures, feathers, mounted fish, etc.)
    - photos
    Post edited by RememberJoy on
    Some very good suggestions. I would definitely use it for flower arrangements and collectibles.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    So in short, crafted things and collectibles.

Though to the list I would like to add:

-Books
    -Scientist inventions (maybe as you can buy SimRays as gifts)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    How about we could sell everything on Plopsy, like old furniture we don't need anymore and anything collectible or harvestable?
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    How about we could sell everything on Plopsy, like old furniture we don't need anymore and anything collectible or harvestable?

That would be really cool!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    The only thing I don't think will work at all for selling within how Plopsy is stated to work is anything that can only go in the household inventory. Because presumably it needs to be in the sim's personal inventory for them to put it in the mailbox (like with publishing music or books). But if they can adjust it so you can see household inventory as well, that could be very cool. (And who knows, you might even be able to get some money for those half-finished woodworking projects and balls of fluffy pet hair.)

However, my primary issue with selling books our sims have written, and music they've written, on Plopsy is that those both generate revenue in the form of Royalties which a real world book would not if sold on E-bay or Etsy. I mean, selling the book as a single item? sure. Even selling the "this is a copy and cannot be published" copies of the book you can make at home, as a sort of Print on Demand for self publishing. Publishing through Plopsy, on the other hand, as in you send it in once and continue to get royalties, doesn't feel like an acceptable break from reality to me. Etsy and E-bay don't, to my knowledge, have publishing arms. And even if you can self-publish through Plopsy, it shouldn't be for more than sending the book for publication to a "real" publisher as you can at writing 5.

Writing is one of my preferred ways to make money in the Sims (as, due to royalties, you can take 2-3 days off, unlike with Gardening or painting where you need to do something every day to get income that day, unless you've stored up a bunch of paintings to sell) so I'm always interested at looking at ways to do more with it. I'm just not sure that publishing through Plopsy is a way I'd be interested in.
    Good point. Books are different from selling paintings and woodworks because of the royalties. I wonder if they will be included.
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    Hopefully with EL coming out, we will be able to sell some of the furniture that we crafted on Plopsy as well.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I want to be able to sell my excess water on Plopsy.
  • ThatPlumbobRobThatPlumbobRob Posts: 295 Member
    I think it will tie in really well with Eco lifestyle, I'll have to start stocking up on candels with the EP is out

3iv0MGa.png
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Maybe candles can be sold on Plopsy.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Yes, with the release of EL we probably can add candles, fizzy drinks, and maybe even furniture to the list of possibilities.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I will buy all the remedies I can find!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I would also like to be able to sell all my archeology artifacts that way and if my other sims buy them then they can place them in their homes , not just everything is sold online never to be seen again

Archaeology artifacts aren't crafted, the site is for crafted materials, and is a pun of etsy.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I think only crafted items should be sold on Plopsy, since it is meant to work like Etsy. Yet another reason to make collectables more useful by adding skills and crafts that use them. I'm still waiting for jewelry making from gems and metals, as well as flower crowns, soaps and bath salts etc.

Speciality foods that take very long to spoil like candy, nectar, fizzy juice etc could also possibly be sold on Plopsy.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited May 2020
    I read somewhere that "spell remedies" (something ROM witches brew?) can be sold on Plopsy?

Also expect to be able to sell herbal brews there, as well as woodwork and paintings/photos.

Edit: I think flower arrangements were confirmed, too?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ElDimentioElDimentio Posts: 38 Member
    I hope we can sell Flower Arrangements and the new crafts from the Eco Lifestyle expansion (candles, fizzy drinks, fabricated items).
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I really like this idea. When simmers get tired of making things to sell, they can just sit back and buy them. Love the shopping aspect of it. I plan to buy a bunch of potions and anything cute. :)
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    I think we really need the ability to be able to see in the game so that we can sell clothing hand made variations. This makes the custom made ideas much more complex. The woodworking in the game is really boring there are very little hobbies, I hope the knitting pack also includes other hobbies, like jewelry making, clay, leather, and sewing, shoe maker. The question would be how can these things be made in a fun way and not an item that just plops up in the cas now because you did it. Maybe the item as it is created it appears where it is created and nowhere else.
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    I was really hoping that we could sell the knitwear at the yard sale tables.
  • BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    edited June 2020
    good ideas. a witch that sells potions on plopsy would be cute!

edit: they were confirmed in the Plopsy deep dive!

"We plan for Plopsy to be available for things like paintings, woodworking statues, potions, knitted items, flower arrangements, and more. Hoping to wrap future arts and crafts under Plopsy too!"
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Since Plopsy is supposed to be more like like Etsy rather than Ebay, I would prefer certain items like furniture (by that I mean couches, tables, etc) to be sort of "locked" from being sold, but paintings, knitted items, woodworking statues, the candles, even the collectibles would be nice. Basically anything your Sims can actually make.

I wonder if it's going to work like adoptions though, in which the items you can buy will rotate like the animals and children do in the adopt interaction.