Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Wow what a lot of reviews, thank you @BuildnShare !! You must have spent hours and hours on these, it truly is appreciated....and if it’s any consolation I for one am a much better builder because of them!

Didn’t even realise I’d totally forgotten to go back and do the commentary on Triple the Joy, hope it didn’t make reviewing much more of a pain, and I built the containers then waited for Tiny Living, looking back now you’ve said it it’s so obvious that the outside & don’t flow....I’ll watch out for that. My burning question though is what on earth did you say about my farm setting that got filtered to ‘plum’?? 😂 Making me grin trying to guess what it was haha.

Thank you again :)<3
    Beautiful builds all <3

Congrats @wendyology @Pinkusfamily @Taoron & @JojoMOMSTER :)
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member

Congratulations to the winners.

Congratulations to all..

All the creations were so wonderful.. I don't know how you do it Judges ! I myself would not be able to pick winners ! I loved them all !

Thank you.

Thank you for the kind words.
    This sure was a nice welcome back..
    I have not participated in a Build N Share for a couple of months.
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    So many beautiful entries! Congratulations to all the winners - and to the well-deserved promotions! :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • Pepper61Pepper61 Posts: 84 Member
    For Future build what category should i place myself in? Amazing Job everyone Congratulations on the wins. and Congrats to those of you who've been Promoted. loved seeing all these builds.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Pepper61 wrote: »
    For Future build what category should i place myself in? Amazing Job everyone Congratulations on the wins. and Congrats to those of you who've been Promoted. loved seeing all these builds.

You're still in starting out, @Pepper61. You'll be told when you get prompted.
    image.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Thanks you @BuildnShare for the feedback. Debug lighting is so frustrating but I will be more conscious of the lighting. Beautiful Builds and Sims everyone. @Taoron Can I just say that pic of Ash on the swing with clown makeup is pretty epic!
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Thanks you @BuildnShare for the feedback. Debug lighting is so frustrating but I will be more conscious of the lighting. Beautiful Builds and Sims everyone. @Taoron Can I just say that pic of Ash on the swing with clown makeup is pretty epic!

LOL He's a goober.
  • LehuaLehua Posts: 48 Member
    Thanks for the feedback! However I'm confused how I went over budget I thought the rules stated the price of the property wasn't included in the budget?
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    Congratulations to all on the beautiful entries!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out Results for #BnS 134

@Lehua
    Ravenwood Hideaway is lovely. Great job with the landscaping and the garden, the Ravenwoods will have a good variety of fruits and vegetables to choose from. I can see your roofing skill is improving, good job!
    Suggestions: Very nice workshop. I like that you included works in progress. What a lovely, cozy parlor. The hobby room looks like a fun place to relax. The nursery is cute and bright, love the dandelion theme.

Suggestions: The easel could have been swapped with the plant so it wouldn’t be blocking the window while still receiving plenty of light. Did you check to be sure sims can move around the greenhouse? The bathroom and kitchen seem very dark: If you don’t want to add more candles, you can use debug lighting to brighten the rooms up for screenshots. Be careful about cohesiveness; the curtains in the dining room seem a bit too modern compared to the rest of the build.

@MaryKup
    i.imgur.com/Pi5CrTP.png
    Nice trailer, though I think it’s a bit more modern than the Ravenwoods would have liked. Clever idea to include the bees box, that will definitely help the garden. Cozy, colorful interior. I like the kitchen, small but still functional, good choice of counters. Pretty colors in the nursery.
    Suggestions: Your slideshow is missing both a top-down view and a layout view, which would help with getting an idea of where all the rooms in your build are. I see you have Seasons, so you know having some sort of shelter for electronics is a good idea. It was decided a computer wasn’t needed for this challenge as being too modern, so you didn’t have to include one.
    3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @Lehua

SEXCuYB.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@shakerella
    TfU5UWg.jpg
    What a cozy hobby room with all the warm browns and a toasty fireplace. The bookshelf should hold lots of books to keep Lady Ravenwood entertained and informed. Having a collection of mementos from their travels is a great touch. Great choice of wall decor. The violin and easel will provide plenty of fun.

And the winner is...shakerella
    uXuCHhC.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out Results for #BnS 135

@Shakerella☆
    0ytYmVK.jpg
    What a warm, cozy family home! Great job with the spring theme, all those lovely plants throughout. Nice layout. The entryway looks warm and inviting. Great idea to include a half bath near the pool. What a cozy dining room with those big windows so the family can enjoy the view along with their meals. Excellent use of space to make the home look larger than it actually is. The backyard looks like a fun place to hang out. Very nice outdoor fireplace with seating area. The boy’s room is so cute. A guest wil be very comfortable in that guestroom. The master bath looks very relaxing.
    Suggestions:
    The living room seems a little dark. Could you have added a wall light, even just for photos? Be careful about cohesiveness, that Parenthood counter set has a more country than modern vibe to me. I would have liked to see some sort of decking in the fireplace/grill area, even if it was just terrain paint. Your first floor layout view is missing a gridlines view..

@AntiPasti☆
    3pl4f5P.png
    The Birdcage is very charming! I love the exterior design, and good job imitating the shape of the urn, that was a very creative choice. Cute little kitchen. Stylish dining room, I love the glass ceiling! The conservatory looks so lush and vibrant! Good job including an accent wall in the media room.It looks indulgent but not overdone. Cozy little reading nook, with plenty of light to read any time of day. Love the grandkids’ bedroom, the stuffed toys in the reading corner are too cute. That rooftop painting area looks like an artist’s dream, but I hope Grandma puts her paintings away in bad weather!
    Suggestions:
    Some of your screenshots are a bit distorted, notably the laundry. Try different angles and zoom in or out as needed to see how the shots look, and if you need to, take screenshots of smaller rooms from overhead. I would have liked to see more clutter, pictures and plants in the kitchen. Did you deliberately use two different color swatches on the back porch railing? I think a light blue blanket or white bed frame for the toddler girl would have fit in better with the rest of the decor. I would have liked to see a welcome mat or something on the front porch. Your first floor layout image is missing a gridlines view.

@sharkiebee Lovely house, especially with all the plants. That’s a beautiful garden. Nice formal living room. The kitchen looks very playable. Pretty tropical toilet, very spacious. Creative idea for a study The dining room is an interesting place for an urn, but it and the colors work. Good job. Terrific dreamy wallpaper for the master bedroom. Cozy kids’ rooms, small and colorful without being too cramped.
    Suggestions:
    Note: Total cost is gallery cost plus lot cost. In your case, 103,794.
    This guide will help improve your screenshots. I would have liked to see more pictures and plants upstairs rather than having them all confined to downstairs and outside. I understand your intention with the media room, but a debug light or temporary extra light would have helped make the screenshots look better. The same applies to the master bedroom, which comes across as a bit dark in the screenshots.
    3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @Shakerella
    img
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2020
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 134 - Hawthorne Project X - The Ravenwoods

@Alisim19
    twasn7Q.png
    The character of this home is striking! It has a warm, rich feel. Love the stone exterior, vines, and use of balconies, garden, gazebo, and landscaping. All of the grounds are used well, as is the interior of the home. I especially enjoyed the fireplace mantel area. This home embraces the needs & desires of the family beautifully, while conveying their personalities in the feel and details very well. The design is cohesive in function and appearance inside and out. Well done!

Suggestions: The feel and functionality of the home seemed more suited by far to two adults rather than inclusive of a young child coming up (aside from the nursery). I would have liked to see a few touches throughout the home that felt welcoming of a child.

But either way, this home is very nicely suited to the family both now and in the near future.

@Archer_Girl
    SqY6B9k.png
    The lot/setting for your home is lovely! I’m in love with the location! I love that front gate, and the yard content and layout is interesting and well-done. The ‘man-cellar’ is great, and I’m sure Lord Ravenwood will love it! The interior design elements, contents, and ‘clutter’ are cohesive and present well for the style and goals of the build.

This is a lovely little home, and you have tackled the challenge well. Loved your commentary and slideshow!

Suggestions: I would have liked to see a bit larger interior and more space for their needs – current and future – either by expanding upward, the main layout, or the basement. Cutting back to lower budget items for some content would have increased your funds for expansion.

@iampes23
    CUnn8yy.png
    The consistency in color scheme throughout is nicely done, and it works well for this themed build. I liked that you included bikes for the Ravenwoods. This also fits the theme nicely. I love that you included the ‘damaged time machine’!

Suggestions: The slideshow is somewhat more dimly lit than is helpful for presenting well for some of the slides. Please reference “Screenshots: Tips and Tricks” at the beginning of the forum for suggestions on taking slideshow images for tips on camera angles.

@JojoMOMSTER
    e9WtDdl.png
    Very clever that a water tower is in place for water pressure – and that there is well-water! Beautiful location for the lot. “Lord and lady's' broken down time travel device hidden in plain site” …very clever. ;) The vines up the house are nice. I liked the colors chosen both for interior and exterior for the theme of the challenge.

Suggestions: Clever placement of ‘icebox’, but even so the kitchen area seems cramped. ‘Living room’ space also seems rather small – I would like to have seen them expanded by a tile or so.

@Leashahampton
    2uTD1ov.png
    The yard and home exterior are attractive, share design elements, and are so tidy. I find them refreshing and soothing. I also love the layout! The open-concept stairway over the living room is charming and a lovely way to open the build and adds both elegance and utility. The parlor and bay window are a wonderful touch and very fitting to the family. I love your choices of furnishings, design elements, and colors.

Suggestions: I tested and it seems that the fireplace and mirror are being deleted on placement by the candle stand in the bathroom. Just turn it so it’s straight rather than at an angle and they will place fine. Also, the tree by the bench and items around it are being deleted on placement. It may be a similar issue – just try adjustments and testing. It’s a painful process I normally go through for days, so you have my sympathy. ;)

@OccipitalLobe
    0rVpSud.png
    Love the ‘Queen Anne’ style! I like that you brought the country and privacy feel to their yard quite thoroughly.

I love the woodwork and wall coverings, plus the open staircase is a lovely idea that opens the area nicely. The bay window area on both floors combined with that area’s roofing is lovely. The glass roofing for the conservatory is also pretty. The candle chandeliers are a very nice touch, plus they would be very practical.

Suggestions: The layout on the main floor rooms feels more cramped than it needs to be – creating an open layout in this area would solve this and make nice use of the ‘hallway’/stairs area. I also would have liked to see a bit of expansion of the home to the right side, and landscaping that covered the lot more – also especially toward the right side.

@PINKUSFAMILY
    mmD5caP.jpg
    I like the idea of going with a ‘steam punk’ style for this couple/build! It looks like you carried that theme well and had some fun with it! I like that your layout manages to not be cramped, plus has room for expanding space needs while not at all feeling empty. Love the steam/pipe/fountain/pail idea! I like the fireplace setup and the ‘walkway’ and many ‘steampunk’ details. I also enjoyed that you used the challenge’s Ravenwood couple, which fit so well in the theme and screenshots of them in the home! I also loved the attention to time period detail.

Suggestions: I would suggest not including items that may cause issues for the player in-game (ie – laundry in trunk is not accessible to sims for cleaning up), plus I noticed that a number of the items you used would not remain after placement in-game, such as some of the dishes (ie: bowl in bedroom & on fridge) and debug food items (ie: food on table).

@SE08
    5xZS1qY.jpg
    Love the richness of the colors and color choices, especially considering the appearance of the couple as provided for the challenge. Your window choices are striking and enhance the exterior nicely. The interior wall coverings, woodwork, furniture, decorative/utility items, and candle-fixtures are well-chosen for the theme.

Suggestions: Just as a heads up in case you were not aware, Custom Content (CC) causes builds to be flagged in the EA Community Gallery.
    · In-Game Gallery:
    Builds with CC are hidden by default in searches made in the in-game Community Gallery (unless the user checks the “Include Custom Content” box in the search filter, which is unchecked by default).
    · Browser Gallery
    Builds with CC are completely hidden in the Sims 4 Community Gallery in the browser.
    · Builds with CC cannot be considered for a Maxis Fave: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/955438/how-do-we-choose-our-maxis-faves-curation-guide
    Including labels on most of your images is very helpful for judging since we have only the slideshow to judge from. It helps clarify things, plus helps you convey your intent at times.
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is…. @Alisim19
    2nd Place goes to: @Leashahampton
    UQjvVqH.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Big Congrats @AliSim19 @leashahampton ! Beautiful houses all around for this one!!! I enjoyed peeking in on you builds.
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare . There were a lot of houses for you to go through! Thank you for your tips on taking better pics with lighting. I thought we had to show how it really is. Also you are right about the cabinets.

Congrats to the winners! Everyone's entry is unique and wonderful!
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    shakerella wrote: »
    Thank you @BuildnShare . There were a lot of houses for you to go through! Thank you for your tips on taking better pics with lighting. I thought we had to show how it really is. Also you are right about the cabinets.

Congrats to the winners! Everyone's entry is unique and wonderful!

Dark pictures can hide details. :)
    image.png
    edited May 2020
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results for #BnS 133 | Tears of a Clown

@Talea12345
    sLQJ4t4.jpg
    This is a very wonderful island container home you’ve built for Ash! I love the little playhouse outside for his daughter. The colors used for the container home’s exterior suit the tropical environment in Sulani well. Very creative additions and fixtures in the rooms. I particularly love the dining area with the open windows and ocean scenery in the background. Quite breathtaking!

Suggestions:
    While it might be Ash’s personal preference, his bedroom and bathroom seem bland compared to the design of the other parts of the house. It would probably benefit from a bit more color and more coordinated furniture/item choices. Nevertheless, the rest of the house looks awesome.

@jadeiam
    iOI5eFH.png
    Ashers Island looks amazing! I love the dark wood and consideration in air flow used throughout the build. It really goes well with the surrounding tropical environment. I like how you were able to create an airy living room with a glass roof; that’s a really tropical touch. This is probably my favorite part of the house. Overall, this is a well-thought out build with very coordinated color and furniture choices.

Suggestions:
    My only suggestions for this build would be some tile walls for the kitchen; that would give it a neater finish than wallpaper. I would also probably add some bamboo/wooden curtains in the airy living room to complete the tropical look. Anyway, I think this is a dream home suitable for Ash.

@Devilariah
    5CIFg9K.png
    This build has a lovely industrial feel to it! Great work on using sunroofs for some parts of the house. I like how you were able to put together the containers to construct this house. The interiors have some very good color coordination choices, especially the color contrasts. Great use of MOO cheats and increase/decrease size cheats to create unique items in the house!

Suggestions:
    I know it’s supposed to have an industrial theme, but I think the exterior seems a bit too imposing with the lack of windows and uninterrupted sheet metal facade. Adding bigger windows might be able to help break that monotony. Also, the basketball court would probably need some sort of hard surface for it, like stone or concrete; people won’t be able to play properly on soil.
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is… @jadeiam
    6R1tlac.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@Talea12345
    6iMB5Z3.jpg
    This is a great bathroom for Ash! Love the tub area overlooking the scenery outside. However, I think the shower area could use more lighting.

And the winner is… @Talea12345
    m4wZefM.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Another lovely surprise to come back to, thank you @BuildnShare for the detailed feedback and the win!

@JojoMOMSTER thank you for the congrats 😁

Excellent builds everyone, going to take me a while to catch up properly!

HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 135 - Spring Designer Showdown

@TwtyBrd0707
    hZsgfSS.png
    I loved that you brought the entrance to the long side of the plot, it makes a lovely frontage with the octagonal room to the side! Very nice work with the plantings around the foundation, and I like that you added some planters for the family to use. Good subtle use of the urn colouring throughout the build, and the building flows nicely without ever feeling cramped – I particularly enjoyed your 2-storey foyer with the double staircase! The build feels calm and serene throughout, great job!

Suggestions: I’d have like to see a little more use made of the out door area to go with the picnic bench. You seem to have some trouble with fisheye in some of you shots, especially of the tricky smaller/awkward shaped rooms – please have a look at the guide and the link on the first page of the forum for some great tips and tricks to help with this.

@SimTresa
    IpgTRSh.png
    It’s great that you chose the lamp as your inspiration and I think that this modern build reflects it well! The skylight sections of the roof are a clever addition and add interest to the roof. I absolutely love your ground floor open plan room! Great use of the space and your furniture choices are perfect, with lots of little areas of interest around the room. Extremely cohesive and well executed. The octagonal island in the kitchen looks fantastic and the colour and wall choices match the design ethos very well. Another favourite is the master bedroom, a beautiful relaxing adult space and I enjoyed seeing your test sims trying it out. Great idea to bring spring into the build with little pops of colour and the painting choices. Very nice work!

Suggestions: Adding a few exterior wall sculpture items would help bring more life to your lovely building, and I would have liked to see more use made of the outdoor areas - using debug for your plants would have freed up around $10k that could have been used for these extras.

Quick note – not included in the judging but I checked out your skylights as it’s something I’ve had trouble with in the past….if you use alt and lower them just slightly the glitching stops and the roofline still looks great (Maxis won’t curate anything with obvious glitches so it’s worth eliminating when you can!)

@PINKLADY1
    t7nW7xg.png
    What a gorgeous looking house! The shape of both the building and the roof are interesting and well executed – great use of different textures on the walls. I love the window boxes at the front and the porch way makes a great entrance. You’ve made good use of limited outdoor space with the attractive BBQ and play area, the planters are an excellent inclusion for the family and the pathway and flowers are also nicely done. The home has a lovely feel to it throughout, definitely quaint and cosy! I love your complimentary colour choices and the décor is cohesive with great choice of furniture. I particularly liked the desk/study area and the attic bedroom. Nice consistent touch with the clutter and wall art to bring the home to life too - great job!

Suggestions: I could only see 2 bathrooms and the brief called for at least 2.5 – it’s always worth double checking the brief before submission. Also although your slideshow was well shot and well lit, please include at least some labels these as these help with the judging.

@wendyology
    JK2r1gf.jpg
    I love the idea that a young family are slowly working through an old Victorian home and choosing which parts to modernise, such fun and the build reflects this perfectly! The lookout dome on the roof looks great and I enjoyed the surprise of the roof ‘garden’ to make up for the limited outdoor areas at ground level. The plantings around the foundation are well chosen and attractive. The stained glass windows and Realm of Magic doorways add impact throughout the interior, and the more modern open plan kitchen/living area is very nicely done…loved the little coffee nook! The mix of the traditional rooms at the front and old style bathroom plumbing contrasted nicely with the modern living area and bright kids rooms and really brought your build concept to life – very clever planning!

Suggestions: Although there wasn’t much garden space at ground level I’d have liked to see you use it a even a little, or add some planters/more greenery to the roof top area to make it a little less bare. The interior also seemed a little bare, more clutter throughout the home would have added to your young family scenario and really brought your lovely build to life.

@Pinkusfamily
    2cjwGfv.jpg
    I love how you have echoed the two octagonal room shapes at either end of this build, great idea and well executed – really makes the build cohesive after a tricky base foundation! The greenery covered portico and lei flowers are very effective in creating a lovely entryway. Excellent use of the outdoor areas, you packed so much into what was quite limited space! You have reflected the urn colours very well throughout the build and I particularly enjoyed the landing at the top of the stairway, a great use of a space that often gets overlooked. You have created a lovely house for a multi generational family!

Suggestions: Some of the terrain paint felt a little heavy, for example around the patio area – one notch down from fully transparent would let you make the outline area thinner and slowly blend the grass to the stone without seeming so harsh. The study and the kitchen felt a little cramped and could have benefited with either opening up or taking a square from the large dining area.

Quick note – to get you ceiling lighting to show in your screen shots, enter camera mode and then use ‘page up’ to take the build to the next floor….your camera stays put and your ceiling light will magically reappear!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .… @PINKLADY1
    22Re8DE.jpg?1
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2020
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out #BnS 136

@icanhassims
    a1Dbgje.png

Guy Orange’s Bachelor pad looks like a very nice tiny modern home, just the sort of place to appeal to a teeanger who wants his own private space. The interior is very neat and clean. Good job keeping the color scheme consistent throughout. The kitchen looks modern and functional. I love the splash of color in the bedroom/gaming room after the monochrome black/white/gray of the rest of the house, it certainly looks like a fun place to hang out!
    Suggestions:
    I would have liked to see a bit more clutter and wall decor to show the house is lived in.The backyard seems a bit bare. Could you have included more activities or seating for more than two sims? If you’re worried about budget, you can use debug objects to decorate and landscape.

@MikkiMikkiMikkiM☆
    ppoyNus.png
    I love the backstory of the house being a converted garden shed. It even looks like a shed, with the big windows saving it from appearing too dark and forbidding. Good idea to include a side staircase leading right up to the bedroom. Nice use of color and clutter in the kitchen. Good choice of lighting in the bathroom - it and the jet tub give just the right touch of luxury for a rich teen. That looks like a nice reading nook in the corner, where Guy can enjoy the view too. Love the plants in the bedroom, they brighten the space up.
    Suggestions:
    It’s helpful to label your screenshots so the judges know what they’re looking at. Why is all your landscaping at the front of the house with none along the sides or rear? Use of terrain paint to create a path to the front door and a dirt, brick or stone area under the firepit would have improved the look of the build. Cheaper windows would have left you more in the budget for curtains and a few pictures.

@LionessInMN
    yVVjjpq.png
    Rindle Rose Microhome looks so cute and cozy! Good job getting so much into such a tiny space while still leaving Guy enough room to move around. The fishing pond was a great touch, i”m sure Guy and his friends will enjoy hanging out and fishing there. Great use of color to brighten the space and give the appearance that it’s larger than it actually is. You used just the right amount of orange without it being overwhelming. The use of clutter - the folded clothes on the dresser, the open book on the desk - give the house just the right lived-in look.
    Suggestions:
    A couple of carpets in the kitchen and sleeping areas would have helped break up the wood floor and define those sections. With your remaining budget, you could have added more pictures or activities. A path leading to the firepit and fishing pond would have been nice. Try to take exterior screenshots in daylight so details are easier to see.

@Becka28☆
    dzZfrEj.jpg
    Guy’s Tiny Hangout is very visually interesting from the outside. Good idea to break up the wood siding with a different type and color of siding. I think Guy would enjoy being so high up on his private little hill! Your efforts with the terrain tools look good for a first try. That desk chair will definitely make studying fun. The Discover University fridge was a great touch in the kitchen. Excellent choice of bed, dresser and wardrobe to save on space and budget so Guy could splurge on his two TVs. Great idea to include a little private balcony for Guy. Nice, manly bathroom. I love that you added landscaping around the firepit area as well as having the cooler and grill nearby. It really looks like a great area to hangout.
    Suggestions: Putting the microwave on top of the fridge would have freed up a counter spot for another appliance or decor. I think the balcony could have used at least a chair and table so it wouldn’t be so empty.

Here’s a tip for terrain tools: Try different combinations of brush size, shape, speed and opacity to get the effects you want. You can smooth the edges if you don’t want so much dirt to show, which on a small lot might be easier if you don’t raise the terrain quite so high.

@Aleisha 18☆
    dtysn7y.png
    What a clever idea to create a tiny hangout in a converted warehouse! You struck just the right balance between industrial building and comfortable residence. Great job with the exterior landscaping, all those trees and plants give the home a welcoming feel while granting Guy some privacy at the same time. I love the layout and the loft area. Nice study area under the windows. Cute balcony, great idea to include two lounges so Guy can hang out there with a friend.
    Suggestions:
    When taking screenshots of large rooms, consider zooming in abit to avoid the stretched out, distorted view: if you have to, take more screenshots of smaller sections of the room rather than one big one. A contrast wall or two would have helped break up all that brick. With all the landscaping confined to the front of the build, the sides and rear seem bare and forgotten.

@Pepper61☆
    Kkapbln.png
    Your build is very nice. I love the bright blue color, it stands out! Creative idea using stone siding as a backdrop for the grilling area. Adding the hose to put out fires was a great detail. I like how the color scheme in the living room is reversed in the study. Both rooms are well decorated and look very comfortable. Nice cozy eating alcove. I love the open shower too. It’s great that you found a spot for Guy’s fish. Very nice idea to hang the pride flag over the window.
    Suggestions: Despite the season, I would have liked to see more landscaping around the house, even if you had to use debug plants to stay on budget. Also, it is preferred that the majority of screenshots be taken in summer so the judges can see the landscaping details. You can use season cheats to set the season back to summer. Is the dining chair in the corner actually accessible for a sim? It looks like a tight fit. I think that fence ate into your budget. Without it you may havebeen able to add more to the yard or interior.

@Carther99☆
    4UbvI9v.jpg
    Guy’s place is a lovely orange color, and the exterior design looks very nice. I’m sorry I was unable to view the slideshow in order to offer a more detailed commentary due to being unable to view your slideshow.
    Suggestions:
    This line is quoted from the rules on the first page of the BNS thread:
    Please ensure that you check that your links work. Any link found to be not working will result in your entry not being judged. Your flickr link needs to be made public in order to be viewed, as not everyone has a flickr account.

☆MaryKup☆
    PQjpnyX.png
    Nice dark rustic build. I like the contrast between the dark exterior and bright, open interior. This looks like the perfect hangout for a single teenage student, with plenty of space for some friends to join him too. The backyard looks very nice with the grill and choice of seating.

Suggestions: Using some cheaper items as well as debug objects would have allowed you to include more clutter inside and landscaping outside. Please label your screenshots and experiment with camera angles to give the best view. Be careful of cohesiveness: the carpet in the bathroom doesn’t seem to go with the one in the living room and bedroom.

☆SimSense2000☆
    XAz85Z8.png
    Guy Orange’s College Home looks very nice and much more comfortable than a regular dorm. Good job using the privacy hedge in place of a fence. The open plan living area is tiny but still gives sims room to movearound. I love that you showed Guy and a friend hanging out together. Good idea to save space by putting the washer/dryer units under the stairs. A study space adjacent to but separate from the bedroom! Good idea, Guy won’t have far to go after a late-night cramming session. Usually, I would advise against outdoor screenshots at night, but in this case it set the mood for the firepit area.
    Suggestions:
    Your slideshow is messing a layout view as well as captions to identify each one. Some of your images were quite dark, especially the upstairs ones. If you can’t get a good view of a room with the walls up, consider taking the screenshot from above the room rather than with walls down. You can add debug lights just for screenshots to brighten areas. I would have liked to see more wall decor and clutter inside.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @Becka28
    2nd place goes to: @LionnessInMN
    3rd place goes to: @Aleisha18
    fbRKVUa.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@icanhassims☆
    XAz85Z8.png
    The kitchen is well designed and a good size for one person, with just enough space for a few guests. The layout and color scheme are well thought out. Good choice of the solid white floor tile to contrast witht eh dark counters and busy walls.
    And the winner is…@icanhassims
    hUngYP9.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@icanhassims
    C0X4Vkh.jpg
    I love your biographies for each family member, explaining why Guy is moving out in a way that makes sense. Great combination of traits and aspirations. Good choice of distinctive outfits for each sim, they all reflect their wearer’s personality. For future reference, we like to see all sims in the build as well as CAS photos.
    And the winner is..@icanhassims.
    hUngYP9.png
    3gHHX7s.png

@Becka28 and @LionnessInMN, the judges have agreed that you're both ready to be promoted to the Established category. Congratulations!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    @BuildnShare thank you for the lovely reviews and great feedback! I also appreciate the clarification re: sims inside the build. I believe I missed that in my latest build as well but I'll go back and see if I can get some more photos of my sim enjoying the chalet. :)
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Congrats on your promotions @Becka28 and @LionessInMN !! Well deserved! :)<3
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Wow, thankyou so much for the detailed feedback and hints and tips. I am so happy about the promotion - wish my rl friends understood how great it feels.

Thankyou @Allears

Congratulations to @LionessInMN too. It feels good doesnt it. 🙂

There were some amazing builds in this starting out category and I looked at them all thinking - wow wish I had thought of that.
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 126 - The Collection

@AliSim19
    hhgLehQ.png
    The Benedict Museum is a very nice design. I like that you used inspiration from an original building. The detail that you added to the roof as well as the columns and spandrels looks very nice. Your landscaping fits in nicely with the building. The interior is decorated beautifully. The exhibits have a nice flow from one to the next and are displayed quite nicely. It is a great idea to add a children’s gallery to the museum.

Suggestions: This is a beautiful entry and I don’t have much for suggestions other than I would have liked to see a garbage can in the food court or maybe a few scattered throughout the building.

@SimTresa
    HV4uV7d.png
    Your Colonial Style Museum looks very nice. The layout of the interior works very well for a museum. The food court looks great with the different vendor booths and the bathrooms are conveniently located nearby. Using the white walls gives the interior a nice clean and bright feel about it. Nice job in displaying all of the wonderful collections.

Suggestions: I would have liked to see a bit more landscaping or outdoor activities for sims to enjoy. Also, your windows are not symmetrical, which is something that is important in a colonial style building.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .… @AliSim19
    90DIw23.png?1
    3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@OccipitalLobe
    J8bcv43.png
    The Omiscan Collection is a very nice room for Alexanders Museum. You have done a great job in displaying the collections. They look wonderful in the display cases that you used. Your slideshow presentation is great and the story behind your collection is very detailed.

Suggestions: I would just be careful not to cover the windows with the wall decorations.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @OccipitalLobe
    kScTwlw.png
    3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@AliSim19
    nHVS1Ud.png
    You have given Alexander Benedict a great story and character. You have taken time to create numerous outfits for him and they work well with his character. Your slideshow is presented very nicely. Very well done!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @AliSim19
    90DIw23.png?1
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2020
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results for #BnS 134 - Hawthorne Project X: The Ravenwoods

@Devilariah
    gnQJu7d.png
    The location of this house is beautiful. It looks so inviting and peaceful, and makes you want to sit in the outdoor seating area, by the fire, and look out over the sea. The garden and laundry area with the glass-roof cover is well done. And I love the fenced-in area with the sandbox for the future toddler! It’s fortunate that they could save and store the parts to the time machine for future use, if needed. The interior décor works well with the theme. And the new baby will love that fully-furnished nursery.

Suggestions: While most of this build was nicely detailed, some foliage on the exterior would certainly add some interest – plants or perhaps some vines against the house. The other point is that, although there were several candles outside for light, inside the house there was only one candle. Without electricity, they would probably need some more candles!
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is… @Devilariah
    2di4Jhp.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top