Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken CC? Let me fix it for you!

Comments

• Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited April 2020
    I matched the bones of this mesh to the EA mesh, so maybe that'll work? :lol: This is the only thing I can think that'd cause something like this, so if this doesn't work I'm stumped. :sweat_smile:

I would test this myself, but I must've merged these files like a dumdum, because I can't find them anywhere. Sooo, here's the file for the bare nude adult male top. Fingers crossed. :sweat_smile:

edit: link removed
    Post edited by Emily4331 on
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Hi @Emily4331 , I downloaded this and tried it out, but unfortunately every time I load a sim or a category in CAS with the nude top it crashes my game, so I had to take it out.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    @Pary Hmm I was afraid I'd break it honestly. :lol: It's a bit out of my area of expertise, since it's a default replacement. :/ I'm sorry. :(
  • Options
    No worries @Emily4331 , I really appreciate you taking a look for me, thanks a lot :)
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    edited April 2020
    Heey! I know you don't do hair, but I do have related question though and am wondering if you know anything about it anyway? This hair turns into the famous 2 pigtails when zoomed out: https://chazybazzy.tumblr.com/post/186448123244/wings-oe0520-all-ages-unisex-custom-thumbs-credits
    Its fine most of the time, but when I zoom out or in it snaps or to pigtails or back.
    Do you think anything can be done? Its okay if you cant, but I had to ask just in case!
  • Options
    ChazyBazzyChazyBazzy Posts: 414 Member
    Hey @budewarmin is it just happening with the adult versions? That is my retexture (but the adults were converted by another) so if it's just the adults I can fix it no problem.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    ChazyBazzy wrote: »
    Hey @budewarmin is it just happening with the adult versions? That is my retexture (but the adults were converted by another) so if it's just the adults I can fix it no problem.
    Hi! :) I was just testing the kid version too, that one seems totally fine! I would love it if you could look into the adult version :D

• Options
    Ok, just give my until tomorrow and I can get it sorted for you.
  • Options
    Ok, just give my until tomorrow and I can get it sorted for you.

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited April 2020
    It's okay @Emily4331 you're awesome for giving it a try. :star::kissing_heart:

Oh my gosh HEY @ChazyBazzy ! :smiley: I LOVE your retextures!
    Post edited by emorrill on
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Hey @emorrill I'm glad you like them!
    @budewarmin I managed to get it done tonight so here you are (the original creator hadn't included the lower LODs which caused the issues. I've added them and they are working as they should in my game).
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkE-wJF3vcPLmyLj46JO7iWjZ7hL
  • Options
    @ChazyBazzy , do you remember the Nouk sci-fi hairs you retextured for me ? The converted mesh puts a slight white film over the sims face when you put the hair on, do you know how to fix that?

It's nice to see you here! Also, who won your heir poll ? :)
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Hey @emorrill I'm glad you like them!
    @budewarmin I managed to get it done tonight so here you are (the original creator hadn't included the lower LODs which caused the issues. I've added them and they are working as they should in my game).
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkE-wJF3vcPLmyLj46JO7iWjZ7hL

Thank you very much, its much better now! :)
  • Options
    @Pary I do remember that hair and I also remember the issue you mentioned. I'll have a check and see if I can figure out how to fix it.
    Rowan won the heir poll (I was actually just about to make a post about it on the blog haha)
  • Options
    Oh yay, I voted for her! <3 Is Harper going to be put up for download? They're such cute sims.

And thank you for taking a look at those hairs :)
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    @Pary Yeah, all the kids will put put up for download.
    I did have a look at those hairs but they wouldn't open in TSRW so there's no way I can even check the issue out nevermind actually fix it. I'm sorry I couldn't fix them for you.
  • Options
    That's okay, thank you very much for trying ! :)
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Hello, its me again!
    Is there any hope of fixing the way the shadow works on this sims store(Roaring Heights) hair-hat?
    I'm not even sure what is going on, like is it shadows being wrongly placed? Or is it like light is being wrongly applied? I just know I don't have that with other hair, but I love the hat :(
    8d55206d5623504cdb557a559e3b802983319b89.jpg
    It's like a T shape of wrong lighting on the face.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @budewarmin ^I've noticed shadows like that on the military and police hats too. It is beyond annoying! :grimace:

I hope @Emily4331 can help. :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I think it's on all the hats. I've noticed it on Gunther's base game hat (with long hair) and a lot of the store hats. Here's hoping Emily can work her magic. :)
  • Options
    @budewarmin If EA seems to have given up and just left the shadows as is on all hat hairstyles, I'm not very confident in my ability to identify and fix the problem...but I can certainly try. :lol:
  • Options
    So, the way light interacts with these hats all seem to be normal from my in-game testing. I had a sim with the Roaring Heights hat in a small room and placed a light at each possible angle to try to replicate the weird shadow, but the shadow always was normal inside. I think, then, that the issue isn't with the hats themselves, but with how lighting works outdoors in The Sims 3. And that, I can't help with even a little bit. :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    Yeah I also noticed its when they are outside, and also facing the sun. Too bad that nothing can be done, thanks for looking into it though :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top