Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Deleting CC

So, I decided recently that I want to remove some CC from my game. I have so much, and a lot of it I don't use, plus some I've only used once or twice, and they're just taking up space. That said, I want to figure out what CC is used on my Sims, so I can replace those items before I delete them, so that they don't walk around like bald zombies in underwear. The only problem is that I don't know any way to do this except opening up each individual household, and going through every category for every outfit, which would take forever. Is there any way to figure out which individual CC items I used on my Sims without it taking such a long time?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited April 2020
    If you don't mind saving your households (and lots if they apply) to your library, this can be done from Manage World. The Sims 4 trey importer will tell you exactly what is on each and every sim as far as CC, the same for lots, but they must be in your library.

What you can do is instead of deleting the CC, take notes of the CC items, and separating the ones you want to keep from all the other CC after you have looked through everything.

https://luniversims.com/files/file/73-sims-4-tray-importer/
  • jamiehoodjamiehood Posts: 126 Member
    @LaBlue0314 Thank you so much! I will come back to this thread or message you if I run into any problems.
    Ok, so I have a question about tray importer. Once I downloaded it, it said I needed something called Mono Framework, which I went to download. There were 2 options for Mac, Stable and Visual Studio, and I'm not sure what either of those mean. I downloaded one of them, but I was told that the file was damaged. Can someone help me?
    @LaBlue0314 Do you know anything about Mono or downloading it? If anyone can help me, please let me know
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    jamiehood wrote: »
    Ok, so I have a question about tray importer. Once I downloaded it, it said I needed something called Mono Framework, which I went to download. There were 2 options for Mac, Stable and Visual Studio, and I'm not sure what either of those mean. I downloaded one of them, but I was told that the file was damaged. Can someone help me?

Did you try deleting sims 4 tray importer and then reinstalling it? I have it installed and I don’t think I’ve ever downloaded mono framework.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
    @xstxrrysequence I will reinstall and report back if it happens again

Did you try deleting sims 4 tray importer and then reinstalling it? I have it installed and I don’t think I’ve ever downloaded mono framework.

@xstxrrysequence So, I looked around a bit on the Tray Importer website. I need Mono because I'm playing on a Mac. It's not required for the Windows version. I think Mono allows a particular type of file from Windows to be installed on other platforms, so I think that's why I need it. That said, I'm not sure which file I should download, and whichever one I did was damaged, so if anyone can help, I would appreciate it.
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member

@xstxrrysequence So, I looked around a bit on the Tray Importer website. I need Mono because I'm playing on a Mac. It's not required for the Windows version. I think Mono allows a particular type of file from Windows to be installed on other platforms, so I think that's why I need it. That said, I'm not sure which file I should download, and whichever one I did was damaged, so if anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

What version of Mono did you download? Maybe try downloading the Mac one.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!