Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Rocking Chairs in future packs?

I'm really worried that we'll be stuck to the same 2 rocking chairs for the rest of SIms 4's life, and I really wanted other designs for it. Does anyone knows if we'll get more rocking chairs in future packs?

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    well we got more swings so its possible
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I doubt we will. Yeah, we got more swings but swings weren't introduced in a stuff pack. Let's just hope.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @DoloresGrey usually they don't re-release the main feature/hero objects (as the devs call it) in other packs (besides the hot tub). But, as far as I know the hero/main feature of this pack was supposed to be the knitting skill, not the rocking chairs...
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited April 2020
    In Sims 3 we had a variety of modern and rustic versions of rocking chairs, so it‘s possible we will see modern versions as well in the future!
    Look at the wiki for a list of all rocking chairs in Sims 3: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Rocking_chair

On a side note: I would love to see more rocking chair designs in Sims 4, especially modern ones!
    a256aFi.gif
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant we also had more than one washing/drying machine: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Laundry_objects
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I hope so. I liked the rounded one and other types. The plain cheap one you see on many porches would be nice in the future. I think we will just as we got two types of vampires in Sims3.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,409 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    @DoloresGrey usually they don't re-release the main feature/hero objects (as the devs call it) in other packs (besides the hot tub). But, as far as I know the hero/main feature of this pack was supposed to be the knitting skill, not the rocking chairs...

After the hot tub was patched (not just a main feature but the only feature of a pack), I think anything is possible.
    I would like more rocking chairs.
    Honestyl, it would be a cute way to tie Nifty Knitting to other future packs if we could buy the cushionless rocking chair and knit the cushion to place on it.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I would love an extra plush livingroom rocking chair.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Don't know... maybe rocking chair is more like the round table for six. That was introduced in Backyard Stuff and we got many later on.
    musteni wrote: »
    Don't know... maybe rocking chair is more like the round table for six. That was introduced in Backyard Stuff and we got many later on.

I hope so! I need a modern version of the rocking chair as well to fit in modern builds!
    a256aFi.gif
    musteni wrote: »

I hope they will treat rocking chairs this way.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    I'm really worried that we'll be stuck to the same 2 rocking chairs for the rest of SIms 4's life, and I really wanted other designs for it. Does anyone knows if we'll get more rocking chairs in future packs?

modders maybe
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited May 2020
    I personally wouldnt be happy if washing machines came in another pack that was main feature of another pack it even bugged me when university came out some people were like wheres washing machines?, I wasn't happy when a hot tub became available in the base game, I'll admit, I wouldnt mind a rocking chair being in another pack but I wouldn't be happy if knitting did as it's the main feature
    @Nikkih knitting is the main feature of Nifty Knitting, not rocking chairs. Its just a side-feature.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I wouldn't mind the rocking chair being in other packs, knitting would annoy me though 😊, that's what I meant
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    The new rocking chairs are way too traditional and old looking for any of my builds.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    The new rocking chairs are way too traditional and old looking for any of my builds.

Well that's the kind the community voted for, unfortunately.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I think it's possible.

On one hand, yes, it's a big thing in this pack so if we get more it might feel like a repeat of hot tubs.
    But on the other hand, the rocking chairs aren't the main thing in the pack, the whole knitting skill and everything surrounding it is, so it wouldn't be quite the same thing.

Personally I hope we will get them in other packs too (or maybe in a patch) since, like others said, the winning design wasn't my favorite and I'd hoped for more modern versions.
    edited May 2020
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind the rocking chair being in other packs, knitting would annoy me though 😊, that's what I meant

@Nikkih sorry haha I just re-read your comment, that's my fault.

@darrenfroggy I'm hoping they'll add the second most voted rocking chair as a base game update before the Nifty Knitting release. This way they won't be annoyed if they add other designs on other packs.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Rocking Recliners
    Rocking Loveseats
    Rocking Heartshape Beds
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    They like to remake things so I think it's going to happen.

Like... EA.... we have enough variations of the activity table
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Like you said, rocking chair is not the big main feature in this stuff pack, unlike say the washing machines in the laundry sp. I think there is a chance we might get more but i dont think it is very high.
    edited July 2020
    I would like to have more rocking chairs and I don't mind if they were included in future packs. As said in some posts above, they are not the main or only feature of the pack. Unlike hot tubs, which were until recently the only feature of a pack. Perfect patio has lost it's purpose. Nifty knitting however would still have enough selling points with knitted items, the skill and plopsy.

I would like rocking chairs to be treated like the laptop (originally only strangerville, now also base game and DU) and bikes (originally only DU, now also in EL). So it is possible in my opinion.

On a side note, I also hope the option to change a babies outfit will be available with another pack or patch somewhere down the line. This would be bigger than rocking chairs for me.
    edited July 2020
    I really like this modern rocking chair from the concept art!
    cWfPBcg.jpg
    I hope it will find it‘s way into the game as a new rocking chair variant. In Sims 3 we also had more variants, especially modern ones.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Rocking_chair
    a256aFi.gif