Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The world is changing. Do you think TS5 will reflect that?

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2020
    We don't know how long the pandemic will last or if it will prevent the Sims 5 from even being made. Lost of businesses are having to close their businesses because of it. Whether or not Maxis can survive it I don't know and honestly think only thing that is helping keeping them afloat are the sales. But if someone's low-end computer breaks because of too many packs installed, I don't that they will last as a Sims customer until it is replaced and for many kids and unemployed young adults I don't think that they will be able to remain as customers unless they enter giveaways. Sadly a lot of times I see them posting about obtaining their games by illegal means and I think crimes including that will continue and increase during this time. My advice is if people want to see the Sims 5, don't resort to crime because it doesn't help the Gurus any and could spoil your chances of working for EA one day or any of their programs.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    We adapt. That is what people do.
    100 years ago they really couldn't social distance. They had no way of letting everyone know that is what to do. Newspapers, that is all they had. Now that we are all connected on this web, I really don't see how we are going to go back like it was just last year. Everyone is going to have PTSD from this.
    In TS1 there were no cell phones at all. In TS2 you could buy cell phones, but there were still pay phones and land lines. I think in TS3, that's when it went all cell phones but you still had land lines, no pay phones. In TS4, I don't think there's anything but cell phones. The game changes with real life.

They used newspapers more though, most people did read them. I know where I live there are archives or all the old papers and loads of people are posting images of them from 1918, everything was about the same as far as social distancing, and all the schools, churches, sports events, playgrounds etc were closed down and gatherings of more than 10 banned, just like now due to the Spanish flu.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    As a nurse fighting on the frontlines and someone who’s lost a close friend to covid-19...no. Just no. There are enough apocalyptic games mimicking the current state of the world. No.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    OP, I think you have been in your house for too long. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited April 2020
    Everything that is happening currently may affect the gameplay of Sims 5 a little when it comes to trends and how people behave in the future. But I don't think they will add any game mechanics that reflect the state of the things now, that would be silly.

This pandemic won't last forever, and I'm certain that when Sims 5 arrives all of this is history.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited April 2020
    They flat out won't put burglars in the game because it's "Triggering" to people.

This was debunked years ago. They aren't there because they aren't. Period.

Edit: Here's the tweet for proof.

Edit 2: Another tweet:

• Options
    LylindLylind Posts: 31 Member
    edited April 2020
    Interesting perspective, but I don't think it will ever be that way. I agree with the people above who said that none of this madness would last (we've gone through pandemics before). And frankly, even if it did, I would bet on the entertainment business going all in on the escapism, therefore nothing would ever talk about pandemics and apocalyptic games would make zero money :lol:

EA will deliver what they think people want, not what the real world currently looks like. Most people like the world as it was before the confinement began. I don't think people will end up refusing to see depictions of the way the world used to be, on the contrary, I think they would use it to hang on to their hope of it coming back to normal (again, I'm speaking in case of a very prolonged confinement, but I really don't think it will last that long)
    ~ In her own little world ~
    ○ ○ ○
    • Let me tell you a story ~ my blog
    • Memory hoarder ~ tumblr
  • Options
    KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    Do you think Sims 5 will have wildfires to reflect what Australia was going through earlier this year? Whenever there's a major war, does the Sims include elements of that into the new base game? When there where riots in Hong Kong, did you think the Sims were going to include realistic rioting in the next game? I understand this pandemic is on our minds these days, but the Sims is not a game known for incorporating real world, tragic events into the gameplay.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited April 2020
    100 years ago they really couldn't social distance. They had no way of letting everyone know that is what to do. Newspapers, that is all they had. Now that we are all connected on this web, I really don't see how we are going to go back like it was just last year. Everyone is going to have PTSD from this.
    In TS1 there were no cell phones at all. In TS2 you could buy cell phones, but there were still pay phones and land lines. I think in TS3, that's when it went all cell phones but you still had land lines, no pay phones. In TS4, I don't think there's anything but cell phones. The game changes with real life.

Except that they did social distance 100 years ago. They got the word out through print and radio. There's tons of archives from around the world proving that they did indeed do these very things. The only thing different between then and now is our media sources have changed.

They absolutely went back to "normal" life after this, if they didn't, how did you get born into the life now that you knew? It can reasonably be assumed we 100% will get back to normal too. It might take time as they lift measures slowly, but it will get back to normal and no, not everyone will have PTSD from this. In fact I'd say that most won't. Different people handle things differently.

Comparing all of this with the sims changing to include or exclude technology like cell phones is a really far stretch. I think it is fair to say that when TS5 does come out there will be some of that kind of thing included. (I'm not sure how tech has changed much between 4 and when 5 comes out, but I'm sure they will point it out if it's significant as past iterations did). Besides, if TS5 is coming anytime soon, then they've already been working on it and started working on it before this pandemic so it's unlikely they will go back to fundamentals and change it so that this is the new reality. As I've already said before too, we can play the sims this way if we want to. It's already included as an option, and I believe that option will always be there anyways. The game is/was/ and going to be what your imagination makes it.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    Uhhh OP I think the quarantine may be getting to you. Take some time to relax and meditate.
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited April 2020
    This is not going to go on forever. They are starting to relax lockdown in several countries (e.g. Austria) now and other countries will follow. And a vaccine will be released (already in progress).
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    idk about you but I don't play sims4 to get more of the reality I have, I play it to enjoy what I don't have. do what I can't do. if I wanted gritty reality in my game I would get the parenthood pack and play with no cheats, with the laundry pack also, and give the Slob trait to a few household members. That would be keeping it real, and why the parenthood pack is prolly the only one I will not ever buy.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Krueger wrote: »
    Do you think Sims 5 will have wildfires to reflect what Australia was going through earlier this year? Whenever there's a major war, does the Sims include elements of that into the new base game? When there where riots in Hong Kong, did you think the Sims were going to include realistic rioting in the next game? I understand this pandemic is on our minds these days, but the Sims is not a game known for incorporating real world, tragic events into the gameplay.

Thank you. Not everything is a conspiracy. You guys need to chill a little bit.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    idk about you but I don't play sims4 to get more of the reality I have, I play it to enjoy what I don't have. do what I can't do. if I wanted gritty reality in my game I would get the parenthood pack and play with no cheats, with the laundry pack also, and give the Slob trait to a few household members. That would be keeping it real, and why the parenthood pack is prolly the only one I will not ever buy.

I play more realistically, but I play my ideal life haha! So the only pack I won't buy is vampires and I give my sims 6-7 kids/tots every household haha!
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2020
    The lockdown is just a temporary measure until things calm down and get under control with the virus. This is not how life is forever. It would be completely crazy to make a sims game designed around this whole pandemic issue we're experiencing.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Wow, what cheerful bunnies we have in this thread :D

My sims 5 is gonna have everything I ever wanted in it. As the Queen of England, I have already put in my royal commands for the next edition so I am assured that it is going to be spectacular.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Camkat wrote: »

Except that they did social distance 100 years ago. They got the word out through print and radio. There's tons of archives from around the world proving that they did indeed do these very things. The only thing different between then and now is our media sources have changed.

They absolutely went back to "normal" life after this, if they didn't, how did you get born into the life now that you knew? It can reasonably be assumed we 100% will get back to normal too. It might take time as they lift measures slowly, but it will get back to normal and no, not everyone will have PTSD from this. In fact I'd say that most won't. Different people handle things differently.

Comparing all of this with the sims changing to include or exclude technology like cell phones is a really far stretch. I think it is fair to say that when TS5 does come out there will be some of that kind of thing included. (I'm not sure how tech has changed much between 4 and when 5 comes out, but I'm sure they will point it out if it's significant as past iterations did). Besides, if TS5 is coming anytime soon, then they've already been working on it and started working on it before this pandemic so it's unlikely they will go back to fundamentals and change it so that this is the new reality. As I've already said before too, we can play the sims this way if we want to. It's already included as an option, and I believe that option will always be there anyways. The game is/was/ and going to be what your imagination makes it.
    True they did go back to normal life right away and it is then that the Spanish Flu hit in a total of three later waves all for the sake of money over lives. I am so worried that history will repeat itself and people will return "back to normal" too early. Thankfully where I live social distancing is still in effect, but I was horrified how casual Walmart employees and its shoppers were today with not wearing face masks and not covering the mouth and nose with it today. What the Sims 4 fails to do too is ignoring history with their premades. I do think the Sims 4 does need more drama to it and I wouldn't mind more work from home jobs. I get tired so many other games are inclusive to mental and physical illness and the Sims 4 isn't. But Sims having the coronavirus honestly would be boring gameplay. They already did a disservice with how Get to Work handled illness lightly and childishly. But I much rather have dark humor and real consequences and real inclusion in the game.

Sims 2 just did so well in the aspiration failures and Sims 4 well did a poor job preparing Simmers for world events like this that have to coddle players like babies where nothing really bad happens in the game. It is really hard to have bad things in general happen in the game without the use of mods. Emotions are just so unbalanced and really shows how the Sims 4 didn't consult psychologist when making this game. This article is really good at showing what is wrong at the heart of the Sims 4 how it rids the Sims of all the humanity they had in other games:
    https://www.byrdie.com/positive-thinking-psychologists
    ""As a society, we have become increasingly intolerant of negative feelings," says psychiatrist Samantha Boardman, MD, of Positive Prescription. "We pathologize heartbreak, sadness, loss, and have forgotten that it is natural and part of the human experience to feel bad sometimes." As licensed psychologist Nancy Sachar Sidhu, Ph.D., explains, this habit goes back hundreds of years. "The U.S. culture is heavily influenced by its Puritan history of holding in our feelings and not discussing them," she says."

"Add today's oppressively joyful television advertisements and sparkling social media posts, and our phobia of negativity only magnifies. "[It] has set up unrealistic expectations and a denial of the … complexity of our emotions," says Sidhu. At the first sign of sadness, our impulse is to suppress it, medicate it, or feign positivity on social media to convince everyone else (and ourselves) that it's not happening. "I think this goes hand in hand with the quick fix world we now live in," says Boardman. "We demand immediate gratification in all domains, including mental health.""

" "It is not healthy to force one's self into trying to feel anything at all, and happiness is no exception," says Hefferon. "Attempting to be happy or force others to be happy constantly is to oppose our biological, neurological construction. This will no doubt inevitably cause further despair.""

""Some people incline toward more happiness and optimism … while others tend more to pessimism and a darker view. Within these two categories, there are gradations," O'Connor explains. For people who are more pessimistic by nature, society's enormous pressure to "think positive" can feel like "trying to make a left-handed adult suddenly use only their right hand," she says. "Now blame them for not being able to write well while they blame themselves too." It simply isn't reasonable."

Like I never experienced so much totalitarianism viewpoints since I joined the Sims community. People got upset if you were happy or sad or in between about the game. But I experienced the most trolling for not having a positive viewpoint. Like recently I was told unless I am a coder, I don't deserve to have an opinion about the Sims 4. It was just such childish nonsense just for not liking the FX artwork. LOL I hate that Twitter, Reddit, and forums try to force a positive only viewpoint on Simmers. It is very dictator like to force people to do things or think the way you do and goes against everything of free will. So yes I can feel sad and frustrated about world events. I don't want positive only viewpoint in my game because that isn't mentally healthy or makes me feel any better. No one knows how long this virus will last and I thought I had it but thankfully got tested negative for it. Yes it was scary. But bad things happen and I grew up not having everything handed me on a silver platter like the modern games do these days.

I do realize why the Sims 4 is so hand hold every step of the way after reading this post about AC being too hard and not holding your hand makes sense:

Part of the fun of Animal Crossing is you don't need a guide to figure out hybrid flowers. You discover it by trial and error. Sims 4 lost that trial and error. It almost was designed to be too perfect and easy and in that process it lost what made the Sims the Sims.

TLDR Sims 4 is designed without consequences and creates pixel unfeeling dictators all over the game. If the Sims 5 comes out with multiplayer and how hostile the Sims community is now, it could potentially be more deadly than this virus with no consequences given towards internet crimes that have occurred during the Sims 3 and 4. When you know child flirting crimes and pirating of games go unpunished, that isn't going to be a good start for the next iteration. I rather have world events and Sims community crimes calm down before the Sims 5 comes.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited April 2020
    Scobre wrote: »

True they did go back to normal life right away and it is then that the Spanish Flu hit in a total of three later waves all for the sake of money over lives. I am so worried that history will repeat itself and people will return "back to normal" too early. Thankfully where I live social distancing is still in effect, but I was horrified how casual Walmart employees and its shoppers were today with not wearing face masks and not covering the mouth and nose with it today. What the Sims 4 fails to do too is ignoring history with their premades. I do think the Sims 4 does need more drama to it and I wouldn't mind more work from home jobs. I get tired so many other games are inclusive to mental and physical illness and the Sims 4 isn't. But Sims having the coronavirus honestly would be boring gameplay. They already did a disservice with how Get to Work handled illness lightly and childishly. But I much rather have dark humor and real consequences and real inclusion in the game.

Sims 2 just did so well in the aspiration failures and Sims 4 well did a poor job preparing Simmers for world events like this that have to coddle players like babies where nothing really bad happens in the game. It is really hard to have bad things in general happen in the game without the use of mods. Emotions are just so unbalanced and really shows how the Sims 4 didn't consult psychologist when making this game. This article is really good at showing what is wrong at the heart of the Sims 4 how it rids the Sims of all the humanity they had in other games:
    ""As a society, we have become increasingly intolerant of negative feelings," says psychiatrist Samantha Boardman, MD, of Positive Prescription. "We pathologize heartbreak, sadness, loss, and have forgotten that it is natural and part of the human experience to feel bad sometimes." As licensed psychologist Nancy Sachar Sidhu, Ph.D., explains, this habit goes back hundreds of years. "The U.S. culture is heavily influenced by its Puritan history of holding in our feelings and not discussing them," she says."

"Add today's oppressively joyful television advertisements and sparkling social media posts, and our phobia of negativity only magnifies. "[It] has set up unrealistic expectations and a denial of the … complexity of our emotions," says Sidhu. At the first sign of sadness, our impulse is to suppress it, medicate it, or feign positivity on social media to convince everyone else (and ourselves) that it's not happening. "I think this goes hand in hand with the quick fix world we now live in," says Boardman. "We demand immediate gratification in all domains, including mental health.""

" "It is not healthy to force one's self into trying to feel anything at all, and happiness is no exception," says Hefferon. "Attempting to be happy or force others to be happy constantly is to oppose our biological, neurological construction. This will no doubt inevitably cause further despair.""

""Some people incline toward more happiness and optimism … while others tend more to pessimism and a darker view. Within these two categories, there are gradations," O'Connor explains. For people who are more pessimistic by nature, society's enormous pressure to "think positive" can feel like "trying to make a left-handed adult suddenly use only their right hand," she says. "Now blame them for not being able to write well while they blame themselves too." It simply isn't reasonable."

Like I never experienced so much totalitarianism viewpoints since I joined the Sims community. People got upset if you were happy or sad or in between about the game. But I experienced the most trolling for not having a positive viewpoint. Like recently I was told unless I am a coder, I don't deserve to have an opinion about the Sims 4. It was just such childish nonsense just for not liking the FX artwork. LOL I hate that Twitter, Reddit, and forums try to force a positive only viewpoint on Simmers. It is very dictator like to force people to do things or think the way you do and goes against everything of free will. So yes I can feel sad and frustrated about world events. I don't want positive only viewpoint in my game because that isn't mentally healthy or makes me feel any better. No one knows how long this virus will last and I thought I had it but thankfully got tested negative for it. Yes it was scary. But bad things happen and I grew up not having everything handed me on a silver platter like the modern games do these days.

I do realize why the Sims 4 is so hand hold every step of the way after reading this post about AC being too hard and not holding your hand makes sense:

Part of the fun of Animal Crossing is you don't need a guide to figure out hybrid flowers. You discover it by trial and error. Sims 4 lost that trial and error. It almost was designed to be too perfect and easy and in that process it lost what made the Sims the Sims.

TLDR Sims 4 is designed without consequences and creates pixel unfeeling dictators all over the game. If the Sims 5 comes out with multiplayer and how hostile the Sims community is now, it could potentially be more deadly than this virus with no consequences given towards 🌺🌺🌺🌺 crimesthat have occurred during the Sims 3 and 4. When you know child sexual crimes and pirating of games go unpunished, that isn't going to be a good start for the next iteration. I rather have world events and 🌺🌺🌺🌺 crimes calm down before the Sims 5 comes.

Yeah, I went through his Tweets and, I have to agree, it is pretty telling why The Sims 4 is the way it is.

He mentions how making hybrid flowers requires a guide. The thing is, at zero point in the game is a guide required. Some may WANT a guide to minimize the journey of discovering how to unlock something (and quickly head to the end point of their goal), but the game never, at any point, locks content behind knowledge that you must go and seek online.

I’ll gladly take the gameplay of Animal Crossing over the hand-holding mess of a pack such as Strangerville. The gameplay of that game literally consists of looking in the corner of your screen at checklists which explicitly tell you what to do. That garbage isn’t fun. It’s also pretty out of place in The Sims, IMO. Active careers are the same deal, we have the repetitive easy aspirations, disabled whims, boring emotions and traits, tombs with the gameplay depth of my toe, etc. Bleh.

In fact, now that I think about it, so many of The Sims 4’s systems are dumbed-down and way too simplistic. Cooking consists of poofing random ingredients into your fridge, gardening is just a matter of ordering every single seed right off the internet no effort required (and it was even made easier thru a patch), fishing is just a snooze fest with little reward beyond collection, etc. These basic skills/activities could be expanded into something much more detailed, rewarding, and fun, but so little thought/time is put into these basic skills of survival.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Yeah, I went through his Tweets and, I have to agree, it is pretty telling why The Sims 4 is the way it is.

He mentions how making hybrid flowers requires a guide. The thing is, at zero point in the game is a guide required. Some may WANT a guide to minimize the journey of discovering how to unlock something (and quickly head to the end point of their goal), but the game never, at any point, locks content behind knowledge that you must go and seek online.

I’ll gladly take the gameplay of Animal Crossing over the hand-holding mess of a pack such as Strangerville. The gameplay of that game literally consists of looking in the corner of your screen at checklists which explicitly tell you what to do. That garbage isn’t fun. It’s also pretty out of place in The Sims, IMO. Active careers are the same deal, we have the repetitive easy aspirations, disabled whims, boring emotions and traits, tombs with the gameplay depth of my toe, etc. Bleh.

In fact, now that I think about it, so many of The Sims 4’s systems are dumbed-down and way too simplistic. Cooking consists of poofing random ingredients into your fridge, gardening is just a matter of ordering every single seed right off the internet no effort required (and it was even made easier thru a patch), fishing is just a snooze fest with little reward beyond collection, etc. These basic skills/activities could be expanded into something much more detailed, rewarding, and fun, but so little thought/time is put into these basic skills of survival.
    Yeah exactly. All the sandbox and randomness the Sims used to have is replaced with guided game play that can be cracked in a day or less. That is what I want the Sims to be again just teaching tools of survival again because right now it teaches nothing only money makes you happy and if someone dies or has an affair, Sims in the household couldn't care less. It is a pretty heartless game. I am enjoying the gameplay of Animal Crossing. It is made for this time and actually teaches tools to survival and honestly couldn't have come at a better time. I mean not going to deny Animal Crossing is a capitalism game too. There is just so much more to life than just fame and money and Sims 4 pretty much teaches you can make money and fame even by illegal means or while hurting others. That just isn't a healthy way to approach life and ends up teaching kids how to get a shallow life of loneliness and sadness and laziness. Kids are smarter and more creative than the Sims 4 allows them to be and that is the biggest disadvantage to them.

I do know when I was on heavy pain meds with surgery, Sims 4 was my jam. I really had fuzzy brain and Sims 4 did allow for my lazy recovery. LOL
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    If that was the case it should be a spin off called Sims Apocalypse or something. It would completely change the gameplay of the Sims and I doubt anyone would want that. It sounds so bleak.

giphy.gif
  • Options

TLDR Sims 4 is designed without consequences and creates pixel unfeeling dictators all over the game. If the Sims 5 comes out with multiplayer and how hostile the Sims community is now, it could potentially be more deadly than this virus with no consequences given towards internet crimes that have occurred during the Sims 3 and 4. When you know child flirting crimes and pirating of games go unpunished, that isn't going to be a good start for the next iteration. I rather have world events and Sims community crimes calm down before the Sims 5 comes.

The part I bolded, I worry about that too. While I believe the world will get back to "normal", I also don't believe it should happen at the risk of a round two and all our efforts are wasted.

I loved TS2 aspirations and fear system. I thought that was really well done and it's a shame there isn't something similar included anymore. I agree the game is too much happiness and I do miss the dark sense of humour that aspiration and fear system provided. I really wouldn't mind at all if something like that was included in TS5 if that game ever comes.

Thanks for sharing Grant's tweets too. That actually explains a lot... :/ I must admit though, I don't understand how AC is preventing him from discovering it because isn't that exactly how it works? Plant 2 flowers, water, wait and discover? With that mind set it's no wonder how TS4 ended up how it did.

• Options
    AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    Just wondering.
    No gatherings larger than 10 people? Masks and gloves? All social interaction is online. Social distant sims? 6 feet apart.
    I mean they can't really do this game like it used to be. We don't want to be reminded of how the world used to be, when we are stuck at home for who knows how long. Too scared to go out.
    TS5 new death, gather with 20 sims or more.
    I think the Sims games will change with the times ... we are about to suffer.
    No jobs going out unless its essential. No restaurants. No movies. No parties. No holidays. No black Friday....
    If the world changes, then The Sims have to change with the world. Make it so, EA.

I don't think for a minute that the game will change to the extent that it will no longer emulate what we consider to be "normal life". Countries are beginning to leave lockdown and restrictions are being relaxed.

And if I'm honest I think your post is made in poor taste. When people are losing loved ones, you're thinking about what pandemic-focused features could be rolled out to The Sims. 🙄
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member

The part I bolded, I worry about that too. While I believe the world will get back to "normal", I also don't believe it should happen at the risk of a round two and all our efforts are wasted.
    This effort is already wasted. News has already come out that some numbers have been falsified because of deaths unrelated to virus (the patient had the virus at the time, but the virus was not the cause of death) or doctors mistreating patients (intubation) and those patients dying of said mistreatment. And that's not counting the people with non-COVID illnesses that are life-threatening, but are struggling to get treatment because of the heavy focus on COVID patients.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    KayeStar wrote: »
    This effort is already wasted. News has already come out that some numbers have been falsified because of deaths unrelated to virus (the patient had the virus at the time, but the virus was not the cause of death) or doctors mistreating patients (intubation) and those patients dying of said mistreatment. And that's not counting the people with non-COVID illnesses that are life-threatening, but are struggling to get treatment because of the heavy focus on COVID patients.

I think this depends on where in the world you live though. From what I have read there's varying degrees of this happening with some countries but it hasn't happened this way for everyone. Every country seems to be handling it differently so I don't think what is true for one area necessarily means that it's happening everywhere.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    If that was the case it should be a spin off called Sims Apocalypse or something. It would completely change the gameplay of the Sims and I doubt anyone would want that. It sounds so bleak.

I want the game play to be changed to reflect real humans not dictators that have to have everything be their version of happy all the time while making others miserable and depressed. It isn't making Simmers happy or being inclusive towards mental or physical disabilities in the slightest. I rather have them bring Sims Stories back as a spin off game so those that have old laptops don't have to complain about not having a Sims game to play anymore since the legacy update. Also I wouldn't mind to see MySims or the Urbz make a return either. The world is changing. Whether the Sims 4 and the future of the site wants to remain in this 1950s sitcom mentality stuck in the past with game play does depend on Maxis. But if anything their recent live streams have shown is stories with a bit more drama tend to attract more Simmers. Why do you think people have to come to social media to get their drama picking fights with other Simmers? Shows they aren't getting it in the game and how bleak the game play is they have to get drama from another outlet. I rather have that hostility channeled towards Sims than Simmers.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top