Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous & Large Families

So I never really play with a family for a long time but recently i’ve Been playing and I’m on my 5th Generation. My first few generations were famous because i LOVE get famous. Probably my fav pack. Now as we go down the family tree there are problems in the fact that my kids can’t meet their aunts and uncles or cousins because they are famous and when we have birthday parties, aging them up with famous relatives is a nightmare. Also the ones who are famous just act in disgust to EVERYONE. It’s annoying because I love the fame system otherwise
Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
Sims 4, 25th December 2014

Comments

• AmtramAmtram Posts: 11 New Member
    When that happens to me, I'll make a note to play the famous sim's household later, have them visit the family member and introduce them that way. It's a pain, but sometimes I really enjoy making my famous sims spend a whole day visiting other houses. It's a great way to establish friendly relationships with the grandkids, too.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yeah, it's pretty annoying. Like, I really wish family members just automatically knew each other in general? It's just kinda weird.
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    Amtram wrote: »
    When that happens to me, I'll make a note to play the famous sim's household later, have them visit the family member and introduce them that way. It's a pain, but sometimes I really enjoy making my famous sims spend a whole day visiting other houses. It's a great way to establish friendly relationships with the grandkids, too.

Omg never thought if that! I mean it’s still annoying that we have to physically do that ourselves but that is a good idea. Thank you!

FanPhoria wrote: »
    Yeah, it's pretty annoying. Like, I really wish family members just automatically knew each other in general? It's just kinda weird.

Ikr😂Also that the sim never knows their spouses family. You’d have thought being married their parents would’ve been mentioned at least once 😂

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited April 2020
    It would be great if we could have a social event in which sims introduce their new partners to their families. They could go to dinner at each partner's house in turn and meet parents, siblings, grandparents, even children if there are any. We could also have a dinner party where the 2 sets of parents meet each other.

More options with regard to families would also help with inviting 2 sets of relatives to a wedding, because so often sims don't know their partner's family and therefore can't invite them to the celebration.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    There is a way round that I found out, start talking to a non celebrity Sim next to the famous one and the famous Sim can not resist its Sim nature and often gets involved in the conversation. Hope it works for you
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member

Ikr😂Also that the sim never knows their spouses family. You’d have thought being married their parents would’ve been mentioned at least once 😂

Lol well you are the player? If they don’t meet their in laws before getting married.. that’s on you hun lol People would only complain if you were automatically bumped up with relationships you can’t control..

As for celebs, somebody mentioned switching to the celebs which is great as you get relationship perks as the celeb, best friend introduction is bomb, I always have to stop my sim getting carried away with too many friends lol

ddd994 wrote: »

Lol well you are the player? If they don’t meet their in laws before getting married.. that’s on you hun lol People would only complain if you were automatically bumped up with relationships you can’t control..

As for celebs, somebody mentioned switching to the celebs which is great as you get relationship perks as the celeb, best friend introduction is bomb, I always have to stop my sim getting carried away with too many friends lol

Well i’ll take my current family as an example. They got engaged when she was in her 3rd trimester. Had TRIPLETS the next day and only got married when they triplets were teen because she had no time to get married let alone meeting in-laws. Also her in-laws are famous so she can’t even meet them!

Also please don’t be rude, this is my thread and I don’t appriciate the sarcastic comments.

• AmtramAmtram Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Mariefoxprice83 said:
    > It would be great if we could have a social event in which sims introduce their new partners to their families. They could go to dinner at each partner's house in turn and meet parents, siblings, grandparents, even children if there are any. We could also have a dinner party where the 2 sets of parents meet each other.

I really miss the "Introduce to" option from Sims 2.