Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May Patch Speculation 2020

I'm putting this up a little early so I can mention what I'd like to see in the May Update.

What I'm hoping to see is a free update that give us an option for our sims to own multiple homes.

This was mentioned in the survey and I believe it would come as a free update.

Other things I'd like to see are fixes for the Tiny Living TV so seasonal event channels from Seasons are no longer missing and a fix for when sims take pics on community lots your no longer able to travel home. Happened to me this week.

Comments

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I still want R&B and Latin back to the base game
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited April 2020
    Maybe some pre-pack updates, like adding places for dragons to make their nests in the wild. Look out for small clearings in your local forests.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    More spells for Realm of Magic.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited April 2020
    I reckon some folks will suggest R&B and dragons.

Edit: they beat me to it ☺️
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited April 2020
    Ok serious question, where is the hype about dragons coming from? I'm not trying to be confrontational or anything (I'm down to have dragons) I just don't ever recall them being integral parts of the Sims franchise.

Even if dragons don't get added (seems like they'd be a RoM thing), I'm down for an R&B station.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I’d love for some new personality options such as interests. Might be a long shot, but I’m hopeful considering it was brought up in the survey too.

As we get closer to summer I’ll be very interested in seeing what gets included in the update as I believe it was said that we can expect some new features patched in!
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Paintable ceilings and split levelling. I don't think we'll get the split levels anytime soon (if at all) but the ceilings... maybe :worried::grimace: ?
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Fix for acting career glitch
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    The multiple homes option, please 🥺
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    I hope they address the issue where random sims just come into your house and start living in your place like they are roomates, except they aren't and they aren't paying any rent and there is no option to ask them to leave! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!! Sure, I can call them over to get them outside and lock all the doors behind them and eventually they leave because they can't get in, but if I unlock the doors, others show up... And really, I shouldn't have to do all that anyways!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    All I want are bug-fixes so I can reduce the number of bugfix mods I have in my game. And I'm talking real bugs not "this feature doesn't work the way I think it should" bugs.

Anything else is gravy, but I'd most like dragons and/or an overhaul of traits.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I'm predicting that we will get nothing.

Well that's possible as well. There may not be a May Patch but let's hope it is. There is a lot of bugs that need fixing.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    I still want R&B and Latin back to the base game

I would love an R&B Station. My sim Lily Ford would love that.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member

Well that's possible as well. There may not be a May Patch but let's hope it is. There is a lot of bugs that need fixing.

Agreed, however I don't have much hope, they waited four months to fix the Get Famous bug where your tasks reset and they ended up making it worse, now you can't travel before a gig.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member

I'll second this. I'm not hoping for May patch at all. Considering new EP is most probably scheduled to June there will be a pre-patch then. May I think nothing. Yet what I hope for is bug-fixes. New features I assume are not on the horizon.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Maybe some pre-pack updates, like adding places for dragons to make their nests in the wild. Look out for small clearings in your local forests.

That would be fun but I think dragons should come in a game pack, not a patch. Having said that, it is St George's Day today...

In all seriousness, I doubt we'll get anything except possibly bug fixes. In terms of realistic additions, I'd like weather forecasts available for each world.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    Ok serious question, where is the hype about dragons coming from? I'm not trying to be confrontational or anything (I'm down to have dragons) I just don't ever recall them being integral parts of the Sims franchise.

Even if dragons don't get added (seems like they'd be a RoM thing), I'm down for an R&B station.
    There's not a ton of hype. It's just me, and sometimes like two other people on the forum. But I won't stop speculating and commenting until they bring back my boy, Torch.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited April 2020
    I never knew you could hatch dragons in the original Sims game and as I have become a big fan of dragons in the years since then, I would love to see something like that again. The dragons we had in Sims 3 were cute and fun but I'd love to see a developed species as a real pet.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I never knew you could hatch dragons in the original Sims game and as I have become a big fan of dragons in the years since then, I would love to see something like that again. The dragons we had in Sims 3 were cute and fun but I'd love to see a developed species as a real pet.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • andimackcentralandimackcentral Posts: 20 Member

what dragons?
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member

There's not a ton of hype. It's just me, and sometimes like two other people on the forum. But I won't stop speculating and commenting until they bring back my boy, Torch.

Dragons were epic in ts1 makin' magic and we want them to make grand comeback
    they were all I ever played with in sims as kid :bawling: that's where its coming from.
    they are very important part of sims franchise to some of us.

also, a great way to burn down your sims house and family members (or enemies) in seconds which would make tragedy more real
    atm the housefires take so long I never succeed at killing sims by fire or destroying their house even less

as for patch speculation though (since dragons should be pack)
    I'm still wishing its npc/townie controls or addition of couple dancing or something like painting ceilings or additional lot types
    I think they said somewhere that they have small update surprises so I don't think it will be anything big big like open waters

as for bug fixes I am wishing they fix that thing where sims won't go to actor gigs
    and the delay with the uni classes is driving me mad as well
    so could at least give me option to just click my sims to go to class before they are late as heck

overall I feel like the game clock been messed for a while and something has to be done about it to make the game playable
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Bug fixes obviously. In my opinion, that's the whole point of patches. Not pretty much useless CAS and build mode items I hardly, if ever, use.

As far as game features, police and fire NPCs, as well as burglars. Unlike cars, they are not really difficult to implement. Cars would require a whole new engine, and re-engineering of almost all the worlds to work.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Bug fixes. I had to sell the muppets theater because my sims can't do school projects with the muppets theater at home. They leave the projects all the time to watch a non exisiting show :(
    what dragons?
    The dragons that we, as loyal fans, need and deserve to get.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg