Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim Has Food Poisoning!

Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
Idk how to cure it and she’s had it for 3 days or so. I went on The Sims Wiki for help, but it didn’t say much except that it’s FATAL! How do I cure my sim?! And how long do I have to do so?!

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Don't worry. Your sim has 7 days left.
    Like the notification said, have your sim rest. Either have her relax on bed or meditate. If she has to go to work, then make sure she calls work to make a Call in Sick (can be done 1 hour before the carpool arrives). You should get a notification soon that your sim is cured. If you miss it, pay attention if your sim vomits or not.
    There are also alternative ways besides rest.
    If your sim unlocks biotech station career reward, you can make medicine from there. But be sure that sim who does that has high logic skill (otherwise it will release a virus that kills faster than food poisoning and spreads rapidly).
    If you have FreeTime expansion pack and a sim with family aspiration (primary or secondary, doesn't matter), you can unlock Grandmother's Comfort Soup from aspiration benefits selection. Sims who eat that will be instantly cured of the illnesses they have.
    In Apartment Life expansion pack, witches also have a spell that cures illnesses called Remedis Simae.

Usually, illnesses get cured before 10 days pass. So death by illness without cheats is really rare.
  • Options
    @EgonVM Thank you! I had her take a bubble bath and then go to sleep. She got better overnight!
  • Options
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Oh! I forgot about food poisoning! I both loved and hated that back in the day lol. Its like the repo man and the burglar! I hate seeing them come but was sad when they removed them in TS4.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    @duhboy2u2 TS4 actually has food poisoning too! When you eat restaurant food, there’s a chance your sim will get food poisoning!
  • Options
    An update: Some roaches caused a flu outbreak in my neighborhood, but it was surprisingly easy to cure everyone. Some sims even got better at work! It was more annoying than dangerous because it was so contagious.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Oh! I forgot about food poisoning! I both loved and hated that back in the day lol. Its like the repo man and the burglar! I hate seeing them come but was sad when they removed them in TS4.

Well, that still exists in The Sims 4.
    • Eating spoiled food may make sims nauseous.
    • Eating at restaurants may cause food poisoning. If that happens, you can call the restaurant to get the money back. Your sim will throw up for some time, but after that, they are immune to it.
    • Bad quality pufferfish nigiri may kill your sims.
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    An update: Some roaches caused a flu outbreak in my neighborhood, but it was surprisingly easy to cure everyone. Some sims even got better at work! It was more annoying than dangerous because it was so contagious.

Roaches are so annoying. Not only the flu, but also a negative memory that makes sims cry for some time. That's great that your sims got cured more easily.
  • Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited April 2020
    The roach memory appears with every single attempt a sim makes to get rid of them too, so its not uncommon to have another member try to stomp one 9 times in a row while you directing another, then come back to...9 red roach memories in a row -.-
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Ya'll, they said, " Its like the repo man and the burglar! I hate seeing them come but was sad when they removed them in TS4."
    They weren't talking about food poisoning in TS4. :)
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Devalaous wrote: »
    The roach memory appears with every single attempt a sim makes to get rid of them too, so its not uncommon to have another member try to stomp one 9 times in a row while you directing another, then come back to...9 red roach memories in a row -.-

That's why I have a trash memory mod. Prevents memories of roaches, burnt food, and a few other things. Gets rid of the clutter.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01