Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The world is changing. Do you think TS5 will reflect that?

Just wondering.
No gatherings larger than 10 people? Masks and gloves? All social interaction is online. Social distant sims? 6 feet apart.
I mean they can't really do this game like it used to be. We don't want to be reminded of how the world used to be, when we are stuck at home for who knows how long. Too scared to go out.
TS5 new death, gather with 20 sims or more.
I think the Sims games will change with the times ... we are about to suffer.
No jobs going out unless its essential. No restaurants. No movies. No parties. No holidays. No black Friday....
If the world changes, then The Sims have to change with the world. Make it so, EA.

Comments

• StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    This is our reality now.
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    1. All non-essential career paths will be rabbit-holed...so nothing new there.
    2. For all who purchased Dine Out we offer a new update called Take Out.
    3. The highest ranking thread in the feedback forums is a post were people describe the designs they want on their surgical masks.
    4. Based upon the rise of owning household pets due to the quarantine, Congress accuses Maxis of orchestrating the entire event in order to rise sales of My First Pet.
    5. The Landgraabs keep trying to talk your sim into getting microchiped.
    6. Every channel on television is named "FEAR".
    7. If your sim ever coughs or sneezes all other sims in the area run around as if something is on fire.
    8. While you can still own as many outside BBQ's as you want, if you ever actually use one and a neighbor sees you, they will call the authorities who will arrive in full SWAT gear to shut that down.
    9. Level 10 of the politician career will unlock the ability to once again attend social events where you can eat, drink, dance, and laugh with other politicians. Mostly laughing about the rest of the citizens.
    10. Because of the world-wide economic crash, the international bankers now legally own everything. Every sim is stacked and packed in studio apartments which all look alike. There is no room for individuality, creativeness, or free thinking. You will do what you're told, think what you're told, and say what you're told. Remember; happiness is mandatory. Failure to meet these goals will mean you are obviously mentally ill and you will be taken away.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    If ts5 would really reflect the world changes, then they will bring more catastrophes in the neigborhoods. The neighborhood will be either more overflow or burn down. More heat waves with electric shutdown. Maybe a tornado will destroy your house from time to time. Then you have to rebuild everything again, of course your harvestables are also destroyed and you have to plant all again from the beginning. The check from the insurance it will just a third from the lost value. Social distance from other sims? That's will be your last problem. ;)
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
    They flat out won't put burglars in the game because it's "Triggering" to people. Now you expect them to make Sims 5 anything but a disease free wonderland so they don't trigger people about the Coronavirus? Nah fam, what will happen is your kids will get to use the Sims version of tiktok and do whatever the trendy thing kids will be doing 5 years from now because it's all about the trends.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member
    They flat out won't put burglars in the game because it's "Triggering" to people.
    Is it not possible to make your own burglars with the kleptomaniac trait?

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    If a sim sneezes, will nearby sims get a "oh 🐸🐸🐸🐸, I'm gonna die!" moodlet?
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    They flat out won't put burglars in the game because it's "Triggering" to people.

Sure but they have to knock first to get into the house. :D (unless they also happen to be a vampire of course ;) )
    Origin ID: Peapod79
    Camkat wrote: »

Sure but they have to knock first to get into the house. :D (unless they also happen to be a vampire of course ;) )

I see, but they could visit business lots, maybe even go in a group. Also, can they not steal stuff that is left outside like lawn furniture, bikes, gnomes, the money tree?
    edited April 2020
    edited April 2020
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Camkat wrote: »

I see, but they could visit business lots, maybe even go in a group. Also, can they not steal stuff that is left outside like lawn furniture, bikes, gnomes, the money tree?

Sure they can do all of that too. My kleptos can only take one thing at a time though. Burglars of the past could take items until they were caught basically.

Anyways, I was just making a joke because it amused me that they have to have "permission" to steal basically. Sorry.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Uh?? Sorry but the quarantine will not last for 2 years. I don't see why they would make TS5 in a pandemic world. Just don't see your point. TS5 will be a life simulation game like the previous ones, that's it.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    There is no room for individuality, creativeness, or free thinking. You will do what you're told, think what you're told, and say what you're told. Remember; happiness is mandatory.
    So no change from The Sims 4. Got it.

LMAO
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    This is our reality now.

That may be, but it won't (hopefully) when/if TS5 releases. The sims reflecting my reality would be a pretty horrendous game that nobody in their right mind would play and certainly not pay for.

I'm sure there are other games you can play if you want pandemics/epidemics, dystopia and disasters.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited April 2020
    This is our reality now.
    If it's our reality forever, I'd prefer to die prematurely. This is not a life worth living.
    Kathykins wrote: »
    This is our reality now.

That may be, but it won't (hopefully) when/if TS5 releases. The sims reflecting my reality would be a pretty horrendous game that nobody in their right mind would play and certainly not pay for.
    Agreed.

752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    The pandemic will not change the world; everything will go back to normal at least 2021; Fall 2020 being the earliest.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    We adapt. That is what people do.
    100 years ago they really couldn't social distance. They had no way of letting everyone know that is what to do. Newspapers, that is all they had. Now that we are all connected on this web, I really don't see how we are going to go back like it was just last year. Everyone is going to have PTSD from this.
    In TS1 there were no cell phones at all. In TS2 you could buy cell phones, but there were still pay phones and land lines. I think in TS3, that's when it went all cell phones but you still had land lines, no pay phones. In TS4, I don't think there's anything but cell phones. The game changes with real life.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited April 2020
    We adapt. That is what people do.
    "Fun" fact: Rates of suicide and domestic violence have already increased as a result of the shutdown.

Cell phones are a mundane convenience. Also:
    Too scared to go out.
    No, you're too scared go out. Not everyone lets fear rule their life.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    No, it is not our reality now. We will return to our God given freedoms as soon as the politicians shut up, or May 1, whichever comes first. My simmies will always have the right to go wherever they want, just like me. B)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Just wondering.
    No gatherings larger than 10 people? Masks and gloves? All social interaction is online. Social distant sims? 6 feet apart.
    I mean they can't really do this game like it used to be. We don't want to be reminded of how the world used to be, when we are stuck at home for who knows how long. Too scared to go out.
    TS5 new death, gather with 20 sims or more.
    I think the Sims games will change with the times ... we are about to suffer.
    No jobs going out unless its essential. No restaurants. No movies. No parties. No holidays. No black Friday....
    If the world changes, then The Sims have to change with the world. Make it so, EA.

I certainly do want my game to reflect how the world use to be (and will be again). I certainly don't want my sims game to reflect how things are now. Having to mask up to go in public, staying 6 ft apart from other sims, no gatherings more than 10 sims. Ugh, how utterly boring would that be?? Why would I even play that?

I mean, certainly, if people want their game to reflect that, they can incorporate that into their own games right now - on their own. With the choices they make during game play and Custom content (to get masks and such). If they changed my game or (heaven forbid) made Sims 5 a coronavirus version of the game, I'd walk away without hesitation. I seriously doubt that would every happen (like never happen), but still.

p8L4V6v.png
  • Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    My game is a complete fantasy escape from the real world. My only issue with Sims 5 is that it's being built with 'always online' functionality. I have invested in Sims 4 because I believe it will be the last truly offline Sims experience before the always online, always connected world takes over.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top