Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Love This Feature

Ok I don't know when this started since it's been quite a while since I last played the Sims, but I love it now that when they get invited to a random opera night or concert that they actually go! Before I used to just have my Sim go over to a house and nothing ever happened. Now it seems like they fixed the issue. Which is nice. But it would be even better if it boosted her fun and social levels. Maybe they will later? I don't know, just thought it was a nice touch that they fixed it.
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    They actually go now? How cool!
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Yeah they do! I've had it happen a couple times. I wasn't sure at first and my Sim needed to study so I didn't have her go a couple times, but one time she did actually go to a concert with a friend! Next time her boyfriend got tickets to the opera and they went! It was really cool! All you see her do is get dressed up and then it's a rabbit hole thing but still very cool that they got it fixed.
    They actually go now? How cool!
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I never knew this was broken at all. :D I love the feature though. Especially when my snob sim gets invited by his snobby friend to an opera. It's brilliant! <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited April 2020
    That’s pretty cool, @wylmite1986! I’ve always had other Sims call and ask but my Sim never did anything come departure time. Fun!
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I seriously need to play more social sims, my latest sim is off on an outdoor adventure collecting wild plants and her only conversation is with the hermit LOL
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    I was disappointed yesterday when my sim Brent received a phone call from his widowed mother... the family was always very close-knit. It was "Flower Bunny" Sunday, and the family had just returned from attending a holiday celebration when she called. She invited him over. First, I wish he could have accepted the invitation for his entire family (himself, his wife, and their three children), and second, because he accepted the invitation, traveled to the town where she lives, and found only an empty house. She wasn't home. It would have been such a realistic moment in the game -- the sad, recently widowed woman needing comfort and wanting the company of her son (and his family) -- but instead it was just another little "game glitch" that had no meaning at all.

I suppose I'm asking too much from these pixilated people. It just seems, though, that even though it's only a game, there are a lot of places where the developers could have been more thoughtful and created more possibilities for the "simulated reality" many of us want in our simming.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    It was for me. Maybe not for everyone though.
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    I never knew this was broken at all. :D I love the feature though. Especially when my snob sim gets invited by his snobby friend to an opera. It's brilliant! <3
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I was disappointed yesterday when my sim Brent received a phone call from his widowed mother... the family was always very close-knit. It was "Flower Bunny" Sunday, and the family had just returned from attending a holiday celebration when she called. She invited him over. First, I wish he could have accepted the invitation for his entire family (himself, his wife, and their three children), and second, because he accepted the invitation, traveled to the town where she lives, and found only an empty house. She wasn't home. It would have been such a realistic moment in the game -- the sad, recently widowed woman needing comfort and wanting the company of her son (and his family) -- but instead it was just another little "game glitch" that had no meaning at all.

I suppose I'm asking too much from these pixilated people. It just seems, though, that even though it's only a game, there are a lot of places where the developers could have been more thoughtful and created more possibilities for the "simulated reality" many of us want in our simming.

Might have been the old glitch where they gave a wrong address/travel link. You could get the invite for a café in Windenburg, only to land in San Myshuno. So, perhaps the widow was waiting at a café all alone, thinking your sim had changed her mind as he never showed up? Even more sad, actually? (I think that glitch was fixed, but I rarely ever accept those invitations so I wouldn't know for sure).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I love it too and when they come back they let you know how it went.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    Ok I don't know when this started since it's been quite a while since I last played the Sims, but I love it now that when they get invited to a random opera night or concert that they actually go! Before I used to just have my Sim go over to a house and nothing ever happened. Now it seems like they fixed the issue. Which is nice. But it would be even better if it boosted her fun and social levels. Maybe they will later? I don't know, just thought it was a nice touch that they fixed it.

They get invited to concerts?! 😃 Is this Sims 4 or 3? I have Sims 4 but have only ever had date invites and the odd birthday. Does this come with a specific pack?
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member

They get invited to concerts?! 😃 Is this Sims 4 or 3? I have Sims 4 but have only ever had date invites and the odd birthday. Does this come with a specific pack?

Sims 4! Came with City Living and it was broken for a LONG time.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    Ah, that'll explain why then. I don't have City Living. :-)
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited April 2020

It's a random thing in the game. It's nothing new.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    City Living is my newest pack, and I do see those invites but have been busy merely keeping my Sim's head above water (living above his means, in an apartment he can only afford because Grampy's been writing for Simogue and raking in money for ages, and the family foundation gave him seed money) and keeping grades up. But I'll try to make time to start saying "yes" to some of these, just to see how they go.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Certainly nothing new, it didn't work properly the first year or so that I played (2017.18), but have since. The sim inviting used to call around 10am and your sim would be off in the evening, around 8pm. Now they just call as the concert and what have you is about to start, just like any other party invite.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I like it to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I love the feature and unlike other invites it always seems to come at a time my sim is actually able to take off and leave for a few hours and it doesn't interfere with what the rest of the family are doing. Also great is that sometimes they come back with a bad review though most are good and the show names are so funny.