Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Newcrest

2...Next

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    I must admit my Newcrest is a mess. Never followed a certain building style, some houses I like a lot, while especially the community lots are very hastily built. I'm thinking of a renovation project in the middle hood where businesses are lined up, and not even the facade has any theme style wise.

Other than that, my Newcrest have its unique story spanning 170+ years, including the Barony of Crest and a couple Lords (only one of the latter still around), a shopping mall (typically just 1 floor, put up in a hurry, should get more TLC). I like the world, and I still have several plans for some of the lots that got only temporary builds.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I've already got 2 ghost dogs wandering around the home lot eating out of the surviving dog's bowl and I definitely need to place the urn somewhere besides the home lot because they are annoying me now.

How do you move the urns? I tried but the game said it can't open the household inventory on my cemetery lot. Do they need to buy it first, like a business lot?

The urn has to be in your sim's inventory.

I had the urn in the inventory, but the game didn't allow me to open it. So I am thinking that maybe the lot needs to be owned?
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    edited April 2020
    I've already got 2 ghost dogs wandering around the home lot eating out of the surviving dog's bowl and I definitely need to place the urn somewhere besides the home lot because they are annoying me now.

How do you move the urns? I tried but the game said it can't open the household inventory on my cemetery lot. Do they need to buy it first, like a business lot?

I had the urn in the inventory, but the game didn't allow me to open it. So I am thinking that maybe the lot needs to be owned?

You said you had it in the household inventory? Just making sure. I have moved many urns to community lots (not owned). The sim has to carry the urn in their personal inventory, think they need to be related to the sim that passed away to be able to pick up the urn.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    edited April 2020

You said you had it in the household inventory? Just making sure. I have moved many urns to community lots (not owned). The sim has to carry the urn in their personal inventory, think they need to be related to the sim that passed away to be able to pick up the urn.

They weren't related but the other sims died on her business lot. She added the urn to her inventory and traveled to the cemetery lot with the intention to leave it there. For some reason the urn went in the household inventory and could not be retrieved from there on the cemetery lot.
  • JueJueJueJue Posts: 80 Member
    I have mine a mix of houses and businesses. All of my houses have a New Orleansesque feel to them.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I downloaded a multi-storey office block into Newcrest. Made each floor into a room for my individual skill clubs.
    Sounds like the one I have in Oasis Springs. It's awesome.

My Newcrest has mainly small starter homes. The area to the front left is different though as I have a park, a pool and three homes that are more expensive.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I’m using it as the “downtown “ business area to my main town of Willow Creek. I have malls, shopping centers, restaurants, a spa, cafes, a coffee shop, wedding park, another park, a toy store, etc. I haven’t completely filled it yet, but I will.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I have a theme for every world in my game, expressed predominantly through the sims living there rather than the buildings or the architecture, and Newcrest is where most of my religious sims live.

There are two churches, the Church of the Holy Llama in Ridgeline Drive, and the Church of Mother Moon in Bridgeview, each with its own congregation in the form of a club, and they don't like each other all too much, so the mayor, a high priestess and the only person in Newcrest who is a member of both clubs, is constantly trying to mediate between them.

The high priestess lives in a Japanese-inspired shrine in the third neighbourhood, which is otherwise mostly a downtown area. There's a vet clinic owned by one of the families in the Holy Llama congegration, a school, a restaurant, and a trailer park.

newcrestowj9n.jpg
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Wow, these are some great ideas! Y'all are so creative.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • ChynettaChynetta Posts: 3 New Member
    @BoergeAarg61 I love that idea about vegetarian restaurant, sounds awesome! I bet the gallery also has that tagged, right? Should check that out.
    @Camkat I wonder how that graveyard works with lots of urns and when you sim visit! Also I love the idea of outdoor theatre. Sounds like a nice place for your sims to hang out!

First of all I downloaded a custom made map for the Newcrest area, it just makes me wanna use that area more. Newcrest in my game is a university community area, university housing, student bar... There's a storyline in my game about secret society and Newcrest area. I'm also planning to put more housing there. Like the idea that some of former professors live there! And the kids just come tease them at their houses xD Wish you could throw eggs or tomatoes or veggies to their front doors!

@joRN1414 As you did ask - what kind of area your Newcrest is? :)
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    @Chynetta The graveyard in my current save of Newcrest has 26 urns/headstones. (There were a few accidents... :D ) Anyways, I do have the lot set to generic so that all of my families when I play them can go there and add to it, (or in one case they took one away...) and it's actually very... boring. Ha! I've not seen a ghost or anything like that spawn while I've been there, but my sims mostly go daytime so maybe that is why? I think I expected it to be a lot more exciting than it actually was, but it is a great place to store all the graves so I don't have to have ghosts breaking my sinks nightly. ;) It also works as a nice reminder for me of sims past.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
    @Chynetta : Mine is a hot mess. unfinished builds, random restaurants, a waterpark I got from the gallery! I was looking for ideas so I can bulldoze everything and make a real world out of it! LOL.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 954 Member
    edited April 2020
    Chynetta wrote: »
    @BoergeAarg61 I love that idea about vegetarian restaurant, sounds awesome! I bet the gallery also has that tagged, right? Should check that out.

I am not sure, but might check out next time I open the game.

It is just an ordinary restaurant with a menu with only vegetarian friendly dishes.

Edit: It is called 'Vegetar Restaurant' in my gallery username BoergeOf61.

• tohodrinkytohodrinky Posts: 5 New Member
    Reading through this thread made me realize I'd never even touched that neighborhood lol. Mine is still completely empty. I'm getting some good ideas on how to use it from y'all, tho.
    @BoergeAarg61 : I love your burger place.
  • darkroomxdaisydarkroomxdaisy Posts: 52 Member
    Newcrest is a modern city for me; lots of homes and a shopping district. Typically that's where I place my downloaded lots that I get from the gallery.
    edited April 2020
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    @BoergeAarg61 : I love your burger place.

Thank you. :)
    It was made for experiments with combining Bowling Stuff with Dine Out.
    In this picture, Lilith Pleasant visits the place and got a table near the bowling lanes.
    29_04_10.png

She can bowl (a sort of) while waiting for her food.
    29_04_11.png

Note, the roof is changed after the upload to the gallery.
  • KaylaxCapersKaylaxCapers Posts: 69 Member
    Newcrest is my building stage! One day I intend to make a save file where there is a theme and a complete town but mostly I use Newcrest to try out building styles, nice to know I'm not the only one with a messy Newcrest town :smiley:
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I place mostly just community lots in Newcrest. My Sims rarely live in there.
    @Kimmer : my original idea was to do that.
    @KaylaxCapers : I started doing that too.
  • ChynettaChynetta Posts: 3 New Member
    @joRN1414 Yeah, it really helps, hearing from others how they arrange their worlds :) Good ideas here definitely!
    @BoergeAarg61 Ah, ofc, you have the menu vegetarian :D I think also the restaurant needs to look like it fits with the menu, I think some greenery around the building!
    Chynetta wrote: »
    @BoergeAarg61 Ah, ofc, you have the menu vegetarian :D I think also the restaurant needs to look like it fits with the menu, I think some greenery around the building!

Sorry, I am not that creative. The most green in that restaurants are some uniforms and rooms for plants.

01_05_11.png

01_05_12.png

01_05_13.png

Unfortunately, the plants only grows when played sims are in the restaurant.
    On the other hand, the restaurant is made as a place for vegetarian sims.