Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a mod for NO Bike?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
edited March 2020 in General Mods Discussion
14.jpg

24.jpg

Hi Whenever I open the club in venues, the club members always spawn with bikes. They are actually not riding a bike. They just hold the bike for a while doing nothing, then just get off the bike. I thought they got the bike for free but when I activated one of them, he or she doesn't own a bike in the inventory but always pops up with bike when they arrive in the venue and it's really annoying. I appreciate all helps. Thanks.

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I haven't seen one so far.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited March 2020
    I don't know, but I've seen that once and the sims didn't even own a bike. I don't see many sims on bikes otherwise.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    I haven't seen one so far.
    DU has to be installed :)

edited March 2020
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I don't know, but I've seen that once and the sims didn't even own a bike. I don't see many sims on bikes otherwise.
    I'm living in New Crest, and I see most of the sims are passing by the front door on bike.

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Luthienrising was saying she hasn't seen a mod, not a bike, as she runs the mod tracking thread. :lol:

Also, this is a bug. I remember some people discussing it before and running tests, but I don't think anyone made a mod to stop it.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sim-s-spawn-on-bikes-when-a-club-meeting-is-started/m-p/8632156/highlight/false#M119314

Someone in LMS's Discord posted this solution: "What you can do in the meantime is just invite everyone that are from the club to the lot (using the phone, not the rel panel), and after they all arrive then start the club gathering."

I want to make an entire "no bikes mod" for history players that completely eliminates bikes, but I wouldn't know where to block the spawning bug. I'll have to see if I can find it, but by the time I do EA might have a fix already. It's around that time we get an announcement and eventually a patch.
    @MizoreYukii
    Thank you. Yes I tried to bring all the members to the gathering spot first, then it worked. :) And I marked Me too on the link you posted. thanks! :D
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    That's the next thing I wanted to nuke from my game after the umbrella and the broom. I'll see to make it later, I already looked into it. I also hate that when you buy a bike they use it autonomously for long distances.
    @SiliClone

What a Lovely!! Thanks!! :D
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    @SiliClone

It doesn't seem like there is an easy way to remove it. Once they get the things in the inventory you're done, there is nothing preventing them from using it. The only way to limit it I found for now is removing the bikers from university world too. The things I hate the most is the fact that the played sim is not excluded from it... Once you have that thing in the inventory if you click on a chair and select sit the sim uses the bike to go there, no matter what. This alone makes the bikes completely useless and plain annoying as they're buggy like a lot of other similar forced stuff (the umbrella)
    edited March 2020
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    @SiliClone

It doesn't seem like there is an easy way to remove it. Once they get the things in the inventory you're done, there is nothing preventing them from using it. The only way to limit it I found for now is removing the bikers from university world too. The things I hate the most is the fact that the played sim is not excluded from it... Once you have that thing in the inventory if you click on a chair and select sit the sim uses the bike to go there, no matter what. This alone makes the bikes completely useless and plain annoying as they're buggy like a lot of other similar forced stuff (the umbrella)

I can read how hard to prevent it on your posting. Yes I've also been curious where the sims bring those kind of items from even though they don't own them. I agree with the broom sticks and umbrellas too. :D I always appreciate all the modders create a lot of handy mods and make game play more enjoyable. Thanks for your caring. :)

They come from the walk-by filter. When it choose the sims to assign as bikers walk-by it gifts them a bike... And the it's done. It's like the violin.
    edited March 2020
    SiliClone wrote: »
    They come from the walk-by filter. When it choose the sims to assign as bikers walk-by it gifts them a bike... And the it's done. It's like the violin.

Sounds like people just get the free rents from the stall on the street and give them back after using them in real life. LOL That's why we cannot see the items in their personal inventories.

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I hate bikes and brooms. Bikes the most though.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I hate bikes and brooms. Bikes the most though.

Bikes are worse imo because sims sit on them for so long after finally getting down. Atleast brooms work as intended
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
    Coolspear solved the issue with club gatherings spawning bikes! You can find his fix here: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/15028-bike-no-auto-arrive-on-free-bike-club-gatherings-discover-uni-get-together-eps/
    He is planning more mods that should kill bikes in other scenarios.

Fantastic!! :D Thanks for the link. :D