Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content to Vanilla File

I have a tray file which has CC but is there a way to remove all the CC data from a tray file and convert it into "vanilla" file?

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Put it into a vanilla game and save it again? You might want to make a test save for cases like this, so you have a safe place where it won't affect other saves.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Spar XSpar X Posts: 35 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    Put it into a vanilla game and save it again? You might want to make a test save for cases like this, so you have a safe place where it won't affect other saves.

That works to an extent but modded traits still remain as a residue, making it a "CC" file still.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    @Spar X, just temporarily remove all mods from your mod folder and save again. You can move the CC/mods back afterwards.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Spar X wrote: »
    I have a tray file which has CC but is there a way to remove all the CC data from a tray file and convert it into "vanilla" file?

I have to ask what you're trying to do exactly. And why. :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

I cannot speak for Spar X, but in my case it is a big advantage if I upload stuff to the gallery. People almost never download stuff marked as CC, some never even deactivate the filter, so, if you want your stuff to be found, that's the way to go.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    I keep two different Sims 4 folders. One has mods and CC, the other is completely vanilla. When I've wanted to move something over to vanilla, I put in my modded folder and upload any families and households to the gallery. Then I close the game and swap in my vanilla folder and download those families and builds to my library. They are usually missing things at that point, so I fill it in with vanilla CAS/build/buy items and then I can re-upload them to the gallery as no CC.

It's not the easiest method, but it works. The process usually squashes any CC residue. Sometimes you have to save and edit a household more than once to get rid of residue.

Also, if you need to upload any builds that you didn't make, be sure to delete them from the gallery when you're finished, out of courtesy. A lot of people don't like their builds being uploaded by others.

Good luck to you! :)
    #Team Occult

Basically, I wanna check if I can "convert" a CC tray file (households) into a completely vanilla file (without any residue or CC icon on the file)

I removed all mods and saved the household tray file STILL these files remain as residue which makes it a CC file still.

These are most likely skills/trait residue. Now the question is : Is there a way to remove them?

8wp49hxml5nsytlzg.jpg
    LiELF wrote: »
    I keep two different Sims 4 folders. One has mods and CC, the other is completely vanilla. When I've wanted to move something over to vanilla, I put in my modded folder and upload any families and households to the gallery. Then I close the game and swap in my vanilla folder and download those families and builds to my library. They are usually missing things at that point, so I fill it in with vanilla CAS/build/buy items and then I can re-upload them to the gallery as no CC.

It's not the easiest method, but it works. The process usually squashes any CC residue. Sometimes you have to save and edit a household more than once to get rid of residue.

Also, if you need to upload any builds that you didn't make, be sure to delete them from the gallery when you're finished, out of courtesy. A lot of people don't like their builds being uploaded by others.

Good luck to you! :)

If nothing works this is the only way of doing it, which I'll have to test and see but thanks!

Basically, I wanna check if I can "convert" a CC tray file (households) into a completely vanilla file (without any residue or CC icon on the file)

There is an easy way of doing it. Disable mods and CC in game settings, re-boot the game, load the save game, all CC will not load. Then save. (preferably a new save).
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

edited April 2020
    If it's a household, all CC will be gone. Keep in mind to check that no one is 'naked' for CC clothing. Also if you were using mods check through their traits. One thing I forgot last time was to check age. Since I have custom age as a mod, all my sims automatically aged up without mods/CC enabled. So I had to re-enable mods, fixed the problem with a potion of youth on each sim, disable mods then had to convert back to vanilla. Re-booting the game a few times.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

There is an easy way of doing it. Disable mods and CC in game settings, re-boot the game, load the save game, all CC will not load. Then save. (preferably a new save).

This is by far the best and cleanest way of doing it but the trait stuff still stays and it turns out those traits were in my previous versions of the household tray file even before I started using some specific mods sooo I have no idea what they are exactly but I think I got the answer I was looking for.

Cheers everyone. :*