Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Did YOU Discover The Sims Franchise?

Comments

• DylanJ10000DylanJ10000 Posts: 22 Member
    Other
    I discovered The Sims 3 for Wii way back in 2009. I was 8 (fight me, I'm young xD). From there on, I got into The Sims franchise by way of The Sims 2 on PSP, The Sims 3 on Xbox 360 and Wii, and, finally, The Sims 4 for both Xbox One and PC :) Happily simming, 11 years strong!
  • lovelyskysxlovelyskysx Posts: 93 Member
    Through a a family member
    It was around the early 2010s as I recall. 2011-12? Anyway, I really do not remember very much but my mom introduced me to The Sims 2 (and sims in general ofc) I fell in love with the concept of controlling your own characters digitally instead of playing with Barbies all day lol. I become obsessed with the whole franchise and the rest is history.
  • HarleyQuinnGirlHarleyQuinnGirl Posts: 47 Member
    I first found out about the sims from my sister back in like 2009 when the Sims 3 had just came out, she also got sims 2 not too long after that. I watched her play for the longest time without playing myself, but when I finally did play I was instantly hooked. Now my sims are like my babies to me and I'm a lifetime fan.
  • simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    Through a friend
    I remember playing it with two of my friends back in ca. 2004 and loving it (even though I was obviously on the sidelines!) - one of them had Sims 1 and the other had Sims 2. I'm not sure but I'm guessing I got my first Sims 2 game ca. 2005.
  • ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    Through the internet
    I've known it existed for a while now, but I never tried it until TS4. I had always enjoyed Sim City until the last version of that came out.... and decided to go to another city builder and delve into TS4 itself. One day I just went on Origin and bought it to see. It's a good game overall.
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Other
    I was in real estate through the 90s and didn’t have much time for games and through most of 2000 up until Mid-2015, I was busy in photography.

So I came to the Sims late. Through a family member in January 2017. I was recovering from a severe case of pneumonia (Nov 2016) that nearly planted me (the doctor told me, if I had waited one more day to come to the hospital, they’d have been toe-tagging me and shoving me in the cooler). The fluoroquinolone antibiotics did a number on my tendons and eventually I had to shutter my business.

My beloved wife @Featherbelle, since I kept bugging her like an overgrown child (yes we men are like that) that “hon, I’m bored... what is there to do.”.
    ;) I have three kids...four if you count the hubby... *cough* @Nikkei_Simmer *cough* and two furkids.

She finally told me to go play Sims and quit bugging her while she was trying to do stuff. So hence my loving wife was my catalyst for getting into Sims 3. 🤣🤪

And I’ve been happily hooked on Sims 3 ever since.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • EmiliahsonEmiliahson Posts: 4 New Member
    My dad and his sister introduced me to The Sims in 2004. My aunt used to play The Sims and I would watch. Later on my dad bought The sims and some expansions, I remeber The Sims Makin Magic the most haha.
    I was 9 then and now I am almost 25, still the biggest nerd when it comes to the sims.
  • sadie_lalalasadie_lalala Posts: 21 Member
    I discovered The Sims through my older sister, even though I cannot remeber her ever playing it. She had Sims 1 which did not work on my computer but I did borrow her Sims 2 games until I got my first own expansion pack: Sims 2 Pets. <3
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    Other
    A coworker of my dad’s bought the very first Sims when it came out and didn’t like it so he gave it to my dad for free. I’ve been addicted ever sense. My dad used to joke it was the most expensive free game he’s ever gotten because he got me every pack for 1 and 2. Now I’m still addicted and been shelling out my own money for all of them ever since.
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    My brother saw a commercial for nightlife and thought it looked fun. He did some work for our aunt and got the game but we didn't know it was an expansion to a base game as that was something completely new to us and our mom. She took it back to the store and they explained it to us than gave us the deluxe edition with base game, nightlife, and celebration stuff. I had watch him play on his computer from mine (we had a set up where ours were next to each other) eventually he got annoyed at me watching and let me install it on my computer and I fell in love.
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited April 2020
    Through a friend
    I was in 7th grade and my friend brought sims 2 open for business book to school so two years later i got a laptop for Christmas and I got the sims 2 double deluxe with fun with pets the the following year started collecting the sims 3 stuff that came out this was around when late night first came out
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Other
    I discovered the original Sim City at Circuit City when looking through their PC games. Loved the premise, bought it, and enjoyed it.

Because of that I kept an eye out for what new games Maxis was working on and when Sims 1 was announced I grabbed a copy when it came out and fell in love with their latest creation and nearly every generation that followed.
  • CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    Other
    Gosh, I don't even remember when I first got into The Sims? I remember my first game was the console game - the one with "Get A Life" mode. I know it was a Christmas gift, so I don't know if someone thought I'd like it or if I asked for it. If I asked for it, there would've had to have been an ad I saw on TV, because back then I asked for Christmas presents based on whatever ads I saw on TV that looked cool. :lol: No one I knew played it. I might've heard about it online, since I had just started going on internet forums around that time (I was 11). When I started playing on PC, I was accidentally gifted a Sims 2 expansion pack (Pets) and realized it was the PC game I was interested in, because you could play for generations unlike on console.
  • HecqHecq Posts: 35 Member
    Through a friend
    I got acquainted with the game when I came to visit a classmate. it was distant 1999. I did not have a computer. so for a few years I dreamed of my own game
  • Joyce777Joyce777 Posts: 74 Member
    Through the internet
    I wish I could remember what Sims I started out playing. I know for sure I played the Mobile Game. I didnt know about the different challenges until I got Sims4. I have the Xbox version yet it's very hard to play for me.
    Sims4 ID: LaynieJ
  • DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    I was introduced to The Sims back around 2001 when it first came out, through an acquaintance I knew at the time. She was kind enough to install it onto my computer, and let me borrow her copy of the game for a while. I was immediately hooked - I have loved it since I first played it. It's hard to believe it has been nearly 20 years since then. Man, that makes me feel old...lol
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...
  • 4xel4xel Posts: 34 Member
    My dad already played games like simcity

we got sims for free from a gaming magazine, and quickely bought and switched to 2.
  • delphiniadelphinia Posts: 16 Member
    Being only 15 I never experienced the first two games and started playing sims 3 on console. My older sister had played the sims since the first once I think and my older brother played aswell. I hardly remember how I first started playing but all I remember is my older brother had sims 3 pets on xbox and always let me go on it. However because I was a lot younger then a few years later I basically stopped playing and didn't play for a few years until 2015 christmas my mum bought me sims 4 and thats where the true obsession started. I do get a lot of times where I won't go near the sims for months at a time but I always come back :)
  • Sims_fanatic64Sims_fanatic64 Posts: 10 New Member
    Through the internet
    I discovered The Sims through YouTube. One day I found Clare Siobhan, and I fell in love with it.
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    edited May 2020
    Through a friend
    My best friend's older sister had this rose gold Dell laptop with TS3 on it and my best friend and I would always steal it to play Sims during our sleepovers
    *This was back in 2011/2012*
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    My father. I was 8 or 9 years old, and he had Bustin' Out for PlayStation. I didn't play any PC version until 2010.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • AncientcivAncientciv Posts: 55 Member
    edited May 2020
    Other
    I discover the sims sometime around 2007. our PlayStation 1 broke so my mom took me and my sister to Walmart to get a play station 2 and some games and that's where I got The Sims 2: Pets. Later at a friends house, and she had the pc sims 2. so i ask my mom for the pc sims 2 and she got me The Sims 2 Double Deluxe in 2009. I played the sims 3 on the play station and didn't like it. I got the sims 4 on the pc in 2015 or 2016.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    Other
    It was definitely when me and my dad used to go to Game and buy a lot more PC Games when they were still good and Game are clearly a fan because it was one of the games right at the front of the shelves and they always showcase Best Sellers more than other games especially Electronic Arts games, well The Sims 1 just jumped out at me because i've always liked Arts and Crafts and been a natural Creative Thinker and Problem Solver so it just looked really cool to play and i think my dad thinks it's pretty cool too even when he doesn't play it he popped in every now and then to look at the screen haha! and Petz 5 Cats and Dogs Virtual Game was there people still played it in 2000/2001 so he pointed it out to me LOL (he secretly wants to play i know he does). Game to this day still love to sell a small number of classic looking games it's cool a store like this exists, may not have found The Sims if it weren't for them.
  • chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    My older brother used to play the Sims 1, I was too little and he wouldn't let me play. I remember one day he wasn't home and I sneaked in the computer, created a family, try to build a new house and only got to place some random walls without knowing how to delete them. Gave up.

The second time I decided to enter to one of the already done household that would not bother my brother. My choice: the Goth family. I think 2 of them died not long after I started playing. Gave up, this time crying my eyes out.

After a long time I got to play the sims 2 in my friend's house, understood how it works and been playing ever since :)
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    Through a friend
    My brother's friend lent us the game for a while an I instantly fell in love. Then, I was only able to play the sims on console for a short while ( first the Urbz and then Sims 2 years later). It was only until 5/6 years ago that I was able to play S2/S3/S4 on PC and I don't regret it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top