Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"The Application has Crashed and will now Terminate"

kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
Hi. I know that this has probably been answered a million times but I have done so much research and nothing has helped. My game will not stop crashing and I am so frustrated to the point where I don't even want to play TS2 anymore. I have never had this problem before until very recently. I have deleted all of the cache folders I'm supposed to. I using Windows 10 if that helps, but I've been using the same PC. Any help is seriously so appreciated.

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    When does your game crash?
    What expansion packs and stuff packs do you own?
  • kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    When does your game crash?
    What expansion packs and stuff packs do you own?

I have the Ultimate Collection. My game will run for about 5-10 minutes and then crash. It doesn't crash after I do anything specific; it's pretty random.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited April 2020
    As Ultimate Collection is meant to be run on Windows 10 (if I remember it correctly), Windows 10 shouldn't be a problem.
    Did it suddenly begin, or was it ever since the game was installed? If it suddenly began, does it occur in every neighborhood or in some?

Edit. Have you tried repairing the game through Origin?
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Do you have downloads? I have this problem sometimes but I try to save the game once per ingame day.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
    EgonVM wrote: »
    As Ultimate Collection is meant to be run on Windows 10 (if I remember it correctly), Windows 10 shouldn't be a problem.
    Did it suddenly begin, or was it ever since the game was installed? If it suddenly began, does it occur in every neighborhood or in some?

Edit. Have you tried repairing the game through Origin?

This is a new problem. I had the UC installed since mid-2018 and this has only become a problem within the last week. I've been playing solely in Veronaville for a few months, so I haven't tested other worlds yet. I haven't tried repairing through Origin yet only because I'm scared I'll lose all my progress :/
    garapoes wrote: »
    Do you have downloads? I have this problem sometimes but I try to save the game once per ingame day.

Yes, I have quite a bit of CC. I save every Sim night at midnight, but sometimes the game crashes before I can even reach this point.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    This is why I play in window mode. In window mode, my game rarely ever crashes, but in full screen, I'm lucky if I can get 5 minutes before it crashes.
  • IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    It might be your cc. Or maybe some strange stuff happened to Veronaville. Test another save?

Orrrrr try allocating your memory and the 4GB patch. I've said this countless times across many disscusions in different forums abuot crashing issues. Before the 4GB patch and memory allocation my game would randomly crash, mostly when I visited community lots.

But even after applying the patch I've ran through some weird crashes. Like in one family a couple of mine was about to be elders and when they blew the candles and I chose the villagers to age up with them the game would always crash. It took me 5times of saving like 1min before that point and I finally surpassed it.

I also would suggest checking your hood out for corruption (all pre-made hoods are already corrupted when you go on them).
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Iceey wrote: »
    It might be your cc. Or maybe some strange stuff happened to Veronaville. Test another save?

Orrrrr try allocating your memory and the 4GB patch. I've said this countless times across many disscusions in different forums abuot crashing issues. Before the 4GB patch and memory allocation my game would randomly crash, mostly when I visited community lots.

But even after applying the patch I've ran through some weird crashes. Like in one family a couple of mine was about to be elders and when they blew the candles and I chose the villagers to age up with them the game would always crash. It took me 5times of saving like 1min before that point and I finally surpassed it.

I also would suggest checking your hood out for corruption (all pre-made hoods are already corrupted when you go on them).

It not CC. If the OP is running Windows 10 pro that might be issue. Most likely it graphic issue. I have had the crashing issue for long time. It all blinks in pink. I have tried all the things I know to try to fix it.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    james64468 wrote: »
    Iceey wrote: »

It not CC. If the OP is running Windows 10 pro that might be issue. Most likely it graphic issue. I have had the crashing issue for long time. It all blinks in pink. I have tried all the things I know to try to fix it.

I wouldn't rule out CC as the most likely cause if she recently installed new CC before the crashing started.

If she's not installed new CC shortly before the crashing, I would put CC as low on the list of causes.

But I would not completely rule out CC until the Downloads folder is pulled and the game loaded to see if the crash happens.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    If you haven't do so, i would suggest having a look at the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BRX0JlN8lM

You will see a link in her video to the fixes - follow this instructions in the document (you will see in the document they say don't do one of the steps in the youtube video). I followed this due to crashing and i haven't had any since then. It apparently works better with UC, but can be used for discs.

If you have the discs, i understand you would still have securom which i understood is even less compatible with windows 10.

• garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Can somebody help me with the 4GB Patch or do I need to start another topic? When I try to open the game with the patch (don't know how to describe it but I'm doing it as in the video) I get: Couldn't open executable!

What does this mean?
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    garapoes wrote: »
    Can somebody help me with the 4GB Patch or do I need to start another topic? When I try to open the game with the patch (don't know how to describe it but I'm doing it as in the video) I get: Couldn't open executable!

What does this mean?

Many of us here don't use Origin to load the game and or play the game. We avoided the patch, so it might help you to start another thread about this and get some info from those who are actually using Origin to play TS2UC.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.