Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2020
    tomaz91 wrote: »
    Hello me and a friend have just bought the game and are having problems adding each other to our friends lists. can anyone please help?
    Do you mean by using the older TS3 community site here?
    https://www.thesims3.com

TS3 doesn't have a lot of online, friends sharing components to it. There's in-game gifting and then Simport if each of you have the Showtime expansion, but other than those TS3 is really a standalone or "sandbox" game as it is often referred to.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    pemzy2pemzy2 Posts: 7 New Member
    After buying things from the sims 3 store, they're not showing up in my downloads for me to install, I've tried restarting the launcher and it's still not working. My log file just says that there has been a downloading error

I've found the past purchases download thing but it keeps asking me to login. I've entered my password multiple times but it just keeps coming back up and won't let me download any of the content I've brought
  • Options
    @pemzy2
    1 - Try clearing your Internet Explorer cache and cookies, being sure to deselect the option to preserve data for Favorites. Even if you never use IE yourself, and most of us do not these days, it is present in all versions of Windows and TS3 borrows its resources for many things such as working with store content purchases.
    https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

2 - If that doesn't seem to help, try changing your account password being sure to not include any special (punctuation) characters in a new one.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    pemzy2pemzy2 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @igazor said:
    > @pemzy2
    > 1 - Try clearing your Internet Explorer cache and cookies, being sure to deselect the option to preserve data for Favorites. Even if you never use IE yourself, and most of us do not these days, it is present in all versions of Windows and TS3 borrows its resources for many things such as working with store content purchases.
    > https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141
    >
    > 2 - If that doesn't seem to help, try changing your account password being sure to not include any special (punctuation) characters in a new one.

Yep, the first method worked, thank you!
  • Options
    diigiipr3iinc3ssdiigiipr3iinc3ss Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone.
    I'm having a problem where my game keeps crashing and I hope you can help.
    I had a sim who was pregnant and she wouldn't give birth until I used mastercontroller to reset the sim. She had a baby and I immediately saved my game. Now my game immediately crashed when I try to play this household. I cant even go to edit town to remove the baby because my game crashes. I removed all mods, custom content, and EPs but it didn't help. All my other families play perfectly.
  • Options
    rinasazradrinasazrad Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having a problem specifically with the sims 3 pets and sims 3 world adventures. The expansion packs are not launching in the launcher (not even showing up there) but the others do. I tried reinstalling origin, uninstalling/reinstalling the packs and doing the "repair" feature. Nothing works. My thought is that I need to go back to the 1.67 patch but I don't think I can go backwards. FYI did not get my discs from Ebay. Got them legit. Also, I just got a new PC that has Windows 10, my PC has way above the minimum specs. Plz help - cant play either of those two expansions! Super frustrating. EA has no clue why. I reached out twice and they told me my system is working and nothing should be wrong.
  • Options
    SimcityMonsterSimcityMonster Posts: 1 New Member
    I finished creating sims then when't to the part where you edit relationships and i clicked the tick button and all the UI disappeared and nothing is happening I really don't want to quit the game as it took me a while to create the sims :(
  • Options
    LizzyBeeLizzyBee Posts: 14 New Member
    I know this has been asked before, but most of the links no longer work, but I have been looking into buying a new desktop PC to be able to play the sims. I have looked at so many options and I am just lost in the number of choices and prices. Can anyone help me find a PC under $1000, and I am not sure what kind of monitor I would need to go with it, but I would like that to be under $200 if possible. Thanks!
  • Options
    Sorry to post so many responses all at once...

@diigiipr3iinc3ss - Your game and/or the household you are playing have become corrupt. The best course of action would be to revert to a prior or backup save from earlier in the pregnancy (or before it) if you have such a save available and replay in the hopes that whatever happened the first time doesn't. We can assist you with suggested NRaas mods that help point out and in many cases solve such problems before they ruin an ongoing game, but such support really has to happen at NRaas.

@rinasazrad - If your base game disc was manufactured before Sept 2012, then you can redo the install using all discs, avoid Origin and the EA Download Manager (its predecessor) and stay on Patch 1.67 if that works out better for you. Maybe I am misunderstanding this part, but the two EPs do not load on either of two different computers? Despite what EA is telling you, it still sounds like there is some kind of block on your Origin account with respect to those two EPs. Although you could try clearing the Origin cache, this is different from the game cache files in Documents, to see if that helps the stubborn packs load up.

@SimcityMonster - I take it you have quit the game by now, but really once something like that goes wrong there wouldn't be any other options available. It's also possible that the game already crashed on you behind the scenes leaving only a partial UI up for view. Was this a one-off or does it happen often? If it does keep happening, we will need to see some specs on the computer you are playing on and whether we are talking about the Windows or Mac version of the game.

@LizzyBee - In your price range, there will be far too many choices to list. A modern desktop fully capable of running TS3 with all expansions on high settings should run around $650 and up, plus monitor. A Solid State Drive (SSD) of sufficient size may drive the price up a bit. It's really laptops that run much higher than that. Are there other uses/games you have in mind for this system in the future that would require something stronger? Are there any models that you have already seen that you would like us to take a look at for comparison purposes?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor I know that I want to be able to use my computer for business realted things, such as word processors and photoshop. I have seen some models out there, but they are in the $800-$1000 range. But if there are good options below that price as you have stated, it would be nice to spend less.
  • Options
    @LizzyBee - I assume you are in the US and we are talking about US Dollars sorry, forgot to ask. It's becoming difficult to tiptoe through the minefields of what look good deals but they don't really have any in stock or can't ship until August or something because of COVID. But this is a good starting point for the kind of system that starts at under $700, it's a bit higher because I selected a better graphics card.
    https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Gaming-Computer-Desktop-Quad-Core/dp/B077QDZPXV?ref_=ast_bbp_dp&th=1

If we up the RAM to 16 GB (which can pretty easily be done later if required) or add/replace the roomy 1 TB HDD with an SSD, then the price of course begins to increase. If your intended Photoshop usage is going to be intense and involve very deep running processes as opposed to some light touch-ups or single edits now and then, you might want to consider a stronger system.

But don't whip out your credit card just yet unless you really have to make this purchase right away for some reason, I admittedly do not have a well-progressed shopping gene, Amazon is not the only game in town, and we haven't touched on monitors yet but those should be even easier to find at under $200. I am reasonably certain that someone better equipped to advise will come along soon and provide more varied options, possibly even tell me that I don't know what I am doing here (a feeling I'm starting to get in general for other reasons...)

(Sets out some fresh catnip to attract more help.) :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor I don't need to make the purchase right away, I have plenty of time to look through all available options. I have seen that upgrading RAM on my own later shouldn'y be too difficult, so I can start with an 8 GB RAM
  • Options
    islecatislecat Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello, not sure if anyone can help me with this. I just started playing Sims 3 a few months ago (I'm behind on the curve, I know :P ) I'm having a problem where certain Sims are unavailable to play in the neighborhood when it seems like they should be. For example, everything that I've been reading says that the character Benjamin Schmidt and his dog Ralston in Appaloosa Plains should be available to play, and that they live in one of the houses with the gray roofs. I keep seeing them at community lots and at the seasonal celebrations, but he's not living in the house that he should be living in. The lot is empty. Does anyone know why this is or how I can fix it?
  • Options
    islecat wrote: »
    Hello, not sure if anyone can help me with this. I just started playing Sims 3 a few months ago (I'm behind on the curve, I know :P ) I'm having a problem where certain Sims are unavailable to play in the neighborhood when it seems like they should be. For example, everything that I've been reading says that the character Benjamin Schmidt and his dog Ralston in Appaloosa Plains should be available to play, and that they live in one of the houses with the gray roofs. I keep seeing them at community lots and at the seasonal celebrations, but he's not living in the house that he should be living in. The lot is empty. Does anyone know why this is or how I can fix it?

This is or rather should be true at the very beginning of a new game in Appaloosa. But only resident households and their sims are playable. It sounds like some force or other has caused Benjamin to move to another house, in which case you would have to find him and his dog among the other households, or to have become homeless, in which case he would not be playable. It's also possible that he has been moved into an existing household with other sims so unless you stalk..er, I mean follow him home with the game camera it might very difficult to find where he is living through Edit Town.

If not averse to using mods, this becomes much simpler. NRaas Tagger would allow you to track sims wherever they go within Map View as long as they actually stay on the world map and don't go off to hibernate at the end of their day. MasterController is the big one here though, as it would it allow you to Focus the game camera on any sim in town, if they are actually in town, get Status and Household reports on them, force them to move into other lots if desired, among other kinds of controls.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited April 2020
    igazor wrote: »
    (Sets out some fresh catnip to attract more help.) :)

These allergies must be really getting to me—I didn't even notice until this evening. Sorry about that.

@LizzyBee When you say you want to use Photoshop, are you talking regular-level Photoshop, or something more intense? If you just have regular business use in mind, this system will be great. It's $680 and has a good processor and a graphics card that's faster than strictly necessary for Sims 3. (Getting the next GPU down wouldn't save you any money, at least not without your making other compromises on the hardware.) This has a 500 GB SSD and 8 GB memory, but of course you could add extra RAM or another hard drive if you needed to later.

https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Rampage-Computer-Desktop-GeForce/dp/B07NV1KDS7/

As igazor mentioned, there are a lot of systems in this range that are sold out until further notice, so there's less selection than normal. If you're thinking of using this computer for heavier Photoshop or other image editing, this might be better. It's $800 and has a graphics card that's equivalent for gaming but faster for photo and video editing. Its processor is significantly stronger and has a higher max turbo clock, which would also help with heavier editing tasks. It comes with 16 GB memory and a combination 240 GB SSD/1 TB HDD. You'd need to manage the space on the SSD somewhat, but that's still enough room for Sims 3, your current saves, plus Photoshop and whatever you're currently working on; everything else could move to the HDD until you need it.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1552476-REG/cyberpowerpc_gma640_amd_ryzen_5.html

This system has the same processor and hard drives, and a significantly faster graphics card for both gaming and editing. It does only have 8 GB RAM, but memory is cheap. It's also $800. The company that assembled this system does seem to do a shoddy job of building on occasion, but the chance is still low, and you'd be protected enough buying through this particular website.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1528383-REG/ibuypower_n27w_106a_ryzen_5_3600_8gb.html/specs

For monitors, what are you looking for in terms of size, resolution, image quality, refresh rate, etc.? Many people can't tell the difference between a 60 Hz monitor and higher, but many can. Do you still want to keep it under $200 if you go with a cheaper computer? Do you have any brands that you like, or you don't like? For example, Dell has a good reputation for high quality monitors, but I personally don't like how the colors look and wouldn't buy one for myself. Other people think they look fine.

Normally, I'd suggest you go to a computer store and have a look around, but since that's not possible right now, just let me know if you have preferences that might help narrow things down.

Also
    igazor wrote: »
    I am reasonably certain that someone better equipped to advise will come along soon and [...] possibly even tell me that I don't know what I am doing here

I would never.
  • Options
    ts31121ts31121 Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi again, I recently posted about my Sims 3 Launcher not starting. The problem seems to be with the launcher itself and not any other aspect of the game. Upon clicking on the game to launch the launcher, I get this...

“The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application”.

I was advised to try moving the game to a different folder, and then moving it back, but nothing has worked yet. I’ve tried countless different ways to activate the launcher. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :smile:
  • Options
    WhiteMillerWhiteMiller Posts: 4 New Member
    Since yesterday I keep getting crashes on my sims 3 game. I've had the game for a long time and it's been working fine until yesterday. I can play for around 15 mins, then the game will freeze and crash. I only have 3 EPS (Supernatural, Pets and Into the Future) and I have a few mods and cc, but I haven't added any new ones recently and they were working fine with the game until now. I've tried clearing the cache and DCBackup files, also restarting my computer, but no results. The crash report type is always either "type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x050c5def
    address: 0x6b762dfc "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d9.dll":0x0001:0x00131dfc" or "type: ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0xe06b4388
    address: 0x665b2a0f <unknown module>". Any suggestions?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    ts31121 wrote: »
    Hi again, I recently posted about my Sims 3 Launcher not starting. The problem seems to be with the launcher itself and not any other aspect of the game. Upon clicking on the game to launch the launcher, I get this...

“The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application”.

I was advised to try moving the game to a different folder, and then moving it back, but nothing has worked yet. I’ve tried countless different ways to activate the launcher. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :smile:
    The suggestion was actually to move the TS3 user game folder out and then try to launch the game on the new, no-content folder that should spawn to take its place. Not to move the folder out and put it back again, that actually wouldn't accomplish anything.

Can you get the game started after pulling the game folder out? Of course it won't have any of your added content or saved games that way, but those things should all be safe for the moment back in your pulled out folder.

Also I have to ask, is this an Origin controlled game (Patch 1.69 on Windows)? If so, it has to be started up from within Origin and not the Launcher. Origin will hand the game off to the Launcher on its own, that is when things are working as they should. If not Origin/1.69 though, then we could talk about a potential Launcher bypass but let's see if the pulled out folder (also called a Factory Reset) test works first.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Since yesterday I keep getting crashes on my sims 3 game. I've had the game for a long time and it's been working fine until yesterday. I can play for around 15 mins, then the game will freeze and crash. I only have 3 EPS (Supernatural, Pets and Into the Future) and I have a few mods and cc, but I haven't added any new ones recently and they were working fine with the game until now. I've tried clearing the cache and DCBackup files, also restarting my computer, but no results. The crash report type is always either "type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x050c5def
    address: 0x6b762dfc "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d9.dll":0x0001:0x00131dfc" or "type: ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0xe06b4388
    address: 0x665b2a0f <unknown module>". Any suggestions?
    I'm afraid that usually those Crash Log reports are useless and really only tell us that the game has crashed (which by then we would have already known) like the second of those errors does. But the first of those two, the d3d9.dll one, I think might suggest an issue with DirectX the correct version of which is required to run the game's graphics engine. Possibly a recent Windows Update has somehow disturbed things?

If you are comfortable doing so, I would suggest reinstalling the version of DirectX that came with the game. This can get a bit advanced though, so if you need further help in that regard it might be better to post over on the TS3 Answers.HQ forum if you have not already done so and be prepared to provide a full dxdiag report as they will likely ask for one to help troubleshoot.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/bd-p/the-sims-3

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @puzzlezaddict thank you for your help! I don't anticipate I will be needing a more intense photoshop than the standard, Just for photo editing for my future website and such. I honestly know nothing about monitors, only recently I learned about refresh rates. If I go with the cheaper computer option then I could spend up to $350 for the monitor. I was thinking size wise 22 inches-24 inches. Ipersonally don't like Dell much either. I know that I don't like when colors have high saturation and look too bright. I guess I like realistic looking images/colors. Sorry I am such a newbie to technology :/
  • Options
    UhhhhhhcrapUhhhhhhcrap Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello the sims 3 has not been opening, no error code or anything, I try to open it and it doesn't do anything, I've uninstalled the game over and over again and even reset my computer completely. I own the sims 3 on steam with only the uni pack and base game, hopefully I'll be able to get some help with this.
  • Options
    islecatislecat Posts: 4 New Member
    > @igazor said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > This is or rather should be true at the very beginning of a new game in Appaloosa. But only resident households and their sims are playable. It sounds like some force or other has caused Benjamin to move to another house, in which case you would have to find him and his dog among the other households, or to have become homeless, in which case he would not be playable. It's also possible that he has been moved into an existing household with other sims so unless you stalk..er, I mean follow him home with the game camera it might very difficult to find where he is living through Edit Town.
    >
    > If not averse to using mods, this becomes much simpler. NRaas Tagger would allow you to track sims wherever they go within Map View as long as they actually stay on the world map and don't go off to hibernate at the end of their day. MasterController is the big one here though, as it would it allow you to Focus the game camera on any sim in town, if they are actually in town, get Status and Household reports on them, force them to move into other lots if desired, among other kinds of controls.

Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    ts31121ts31121 Posts: 10 New Member
    Thank you, I believe I misunderstood the first time. I was not able to start my game upon moving it to a clean folder; but the launcher does not appear anywhere under Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 so maybe that is why? My game is controlled by Origin, I have tried launching it through Origin but TS3launcher.exe still fails to open.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    ts31121 wrote: »
    Thank you, I believe I misunderstood the first time. I was not able to start my game upon moving it to a clean folder; but the launcher does not appear anywhere under Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 so maybe that is why? My game is controlled by Origin, I have tried launching it through Origin but TS3launcher.exe still fails to open.
    You might then try the Repair Game function through Origin. The Launcher's exe would be within the Program Files, not the user game folder.

You were also asked for a dxdiag report, which I don't recall seeing yet. If the Repair Game function doesn't help, then it might be best to bring the issue and the dxdiag to EA's TS3 Answers.HQ board as there are helpers there would could assist by spotting something within Windows that needs adjusting.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/bd-p/the-sims-3

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Hello the sims 3 has not been opening, no error code or anything, I try to open it and it doesn't do anything, I've uninstalled the game over and over again and even reset my computer completely. I own the sims 3 on steam with only the uni pack and base game, hopefully I'll be able to get some help with this.

Can we get some specs on this computer -- processor, RAM, graphics card? It might be best to run a full dxdiag report, send it up to Pastebin.com (the free version is fine), and provide a link here so we can see what you are working with. Since you are a New Member, you will have to break up the link with some spaces or other characters like www(dot)pastebin(dot)com/(filename).

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top